- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Thomas has an idea to get out of this. 

"What the hell..." Thomas said as everything was sinking into his head. "That's a crumb...a crumb! I'm the size of a damn crumb!" Thomas couldn't really register anything beyond that. It was quite a change for someone to go through in such a short amount of time. Fortunately, Thomas' clothes had shrunk with him. Not that people would really notice if they didn't, he was pratically inivisble without extensive looking, and even then he could easily be mistaken for just another crumb. 

His clothes kept him warm though, and that was helpful. Thomas knew that warm air rises, and on a regular basis for normal sized people that's just a nice little fun fact. But at this size it was a major thing. Warm air was way above Thomas, meanwhile all of the cold air sunk to the ground, the same place Thomas was standing. At his height there really was little warm air to heat up his body, so his clothes helped him quite a bit. 

Looking in front of him Thomas saw his large cup of lemonade. For whatever reason that also shrunk with him. If not for the situation, Thomas probably would have a made a joke about it being a "large" cup, but he had more important things to worry about. His drink had spilled all over the floor, creating a rather sizeable puddle in relation to Thomas, of course it was almost nothing to the normal eye. The spill meant that Thomas had no more fluids, unless of course he wanted to lick it off the floor, but he decided against that. 

Although his drink spilled, at the very least he had dropped it in front of him, on the floor. Thomas had made plenty of lemonades in the past and he knew that any drink that spilled got pretty sticky, and got that way fast. If it spilled on him at this size, with no way to clean it off, he'd end up as a sticky mess as well. Who knows what would end up stuck to him at this size. 

Thomas started looking around him at the now huge shelves and equipment. To his left were the registers. There were two right next to each other, he was standing right near the bottom of the second one. Right where someone would stand if they were taking a customers order. To his right was an imposing metal rolling shelf with three layers. The bottom layer was extremely high for Thomas at this height, so the top one was near impossible to gauge. But on the top housed the slicer they used to cut the bagels at the cafe, as well as the toaster. At least he assumed it was still there, at his height he couldn't even see it. 

Right next to the metal shelf was the plain brown trash can. Looking at it from this size made Thomas realize how much garbage was in there. A lot. The bottom area around the trash can was littered with huge crumbs, gigantic bagels that had fallen, and more used tissue papers than he could count. Thomas decided it was best to stay away from that area. Further down in front of him, and way above of him, was the bagel shelf, where all the bagels were stored. Thomas normally had no trouble reaching the bagels at the higher end of the shelf, but now he couldn't even reach the bottom of the fridge that sat underneath the shelf. 

Thomas turned the other direction and saw the counters where he had just made his lemonade, as well as several other drinks were made. There were a couple more refridgerators which were huge to Thomas, and up above them sat the lemonade cooler. In addition there was the espresso machine, which Thomas had used several times to make hot drinks. There were also a few blenders to make the smoothies, as well as a sink. At the far end sat a large cooler to house all the ice. It was kept there so it wouldn't melt, of course. Thomas' eyes traced up along the far wall until they finally focused on something--the phone. 

Of course! Thomas reached into his pocket, past his wallet and iPod, neither of which would be very useful to him anymore, and grabbed his phone. All he would have to do is call the store, and tell whoever answered about his predicament. Then everything would be fine. As he started searching his contacts for the number to the store, Thomas felt a shiver run down his spine. If Thomas had actually drunk his lemonade, he probably would have peed in his pants. 

On the far wall near the telephone his co-worker Rachel was standing. Only she was absoluetly massive. Rachel was in her upper forties, and was really working here to support herself while she search for a husband to help her finacially. Of course she could take care of herself, no problem. Only because he was standing so far away could Thomas see her fully. She wore her usual blue collared shirt, mostly covered up by the apron all employees had to wear. Her black pants stretched all the way down her long legs and draped onto the floor, easily covering the shoes she always wore to work. 

Thomas was frozen at the sight of Rachel. He had never seen any living person this large before, but here she was. Right in front of him. Fortunately for Thomas she was at the end of the counter chatting away, and right next to the phone! Thomas awoke from his paralysis and went back to his phone. While he started to call the store, he was completely unaware of his other co-worker approaching his location from behind him. And she was apporaching fast. 

Everything that proceeded this happened extremely quickly when compared to Thomas and his new size. He barely had time to register it before it was all said and done. Thomas' call had successfully gone through, as the phone in the store starting going off. As soon as it started though an enormous running shoe smashed down to the close left of him. The impact created-to Thomas-a large quake that sent him off balance and hurdling towards the ground. Of course to his co-worker Ellen, whom the shoe belonged to, there was nothing noticable at all. 

As Thomas fell his phone flew out of his hands and skidded across the ground in front of him, a long way in front of him. He was still on the ground recovering from the quake as he watched the other shoe of his co-worker come down firecely on the ground in front of him, which just so happened to be the same place his phone had skidded to. Thomas watched in complete shock and horror as the small dot that was his phone, along with a plethora of other small crumbs and debris, get crushed beneath the large shoe. The shoe to the left of Thomas was also shortly lifted up with such extreme speed and force he couldn't believe it. Something that large moving that fast. It didn't seem possible. But it was. 

The phone was ringing and as Rachel was standing right next to it, she picked it up. There was no response. After a few seconds passed she hung up, thinking it was probably just a miscall or something like that. It's happened many times before. She in no way thought that the call was from her co-worker Thomas who had been shrunken down to a speck and was sitting on the floor right in front of her. She and Ellen started talking some more about whatever it was they talked about. 

Meanwhile on the ground, Thomas was still laying there, in complete shock. His only means of contacting someone, his phone, had been completely and utterly destroyed by the shoe of his co-worker, and she didn't even know about it. Thomas was now aware of the enormity of the situation he was in. These girls, they could kill him. With complete ease. And they wouldn't even be aware of it. His life he lived so much of up until this point could be ended with an action of a co-worker simply walking. And there was nothing Thomas could do about it anymore. He was, to put it bluntly, screwed. 

Thomas was brought back to reality as he heard Rachel greet a customer who had entered the building. That was when it happened. Rachel and Ellen turned around and where heading straight towards the customer, straight towards the register to ring them up. Straight towards Thomas, who was still slumped on the floor. And within a second they were already upon him. Thomas watched as the two pairs of shoes lifted from the ground and headed straight for his miniscule form. 

Chapter End Notes:

End of Chapter 2