- Text Size +

Chapter Four

           

            The blackness enveloped everything around Jed. He struggled and fought to get out but being unable to see anything made it difficult. Jed began to slip while his left arm felt trapped.

 

            Light started to shine in from the floor. Jed was a bit shocked as he had never seen anything like it before. Light always came from above so it was a bit surprising to see it come from below. The shock and awe of everything quickly dissipated, Jed found himself stuck in between the tread of one of these girls’ giant shoes. Unfortunately he wasn’t stuck very well. His body began to slip but his arm remained firmly trapped in a wad of pink chewing gum.

 

            “Why is this happening to me” Jed thought to himself as he continued to tug at his arm trying to free it from the gooey gum. The more Jed seemed to pull at it the more stuck it become. The situation became blatantly apparent that Jed would have to find a way to secure himself on this shoe or he would lose his arm. Jed dug his feet into one of the rubber platforms below while grabbing onto another of the rubber platforms with his right arm.  The light that he had been blessed with momentarily was starting to damper as the foot came closer and closer to the cement. Jed fearfully braced himself as best he could.

 

            The foot mashed into the ground shaking Jed violently forcing his body deeper into the groove of the shoe. His back was now firmly pressed against the rubber sole of the shoe. The grooves of the shoe seemed to extend out a few hundred feet in length.

Blood trickled slightly from Jed’s head as his head had roughly pounded against the rubber tread. The monstrous voices of the girls still came down as Jed struggled for his life.

 

            Jed barely managed to keep his body from being banged around during the mighty footfalls of the giant. Each step she took was a life and death battle for Jed. His struggles were nearly meaningless as they only led to his arm being stuck deeper and deeper into the wad of gum. Jed knew that if he gave up, if he wavered for a moment he could lose his hold on her shoe. He knew that with his arm stuck if he didn’t keep his body flat against the rubber sole of her shoe, this giant would unknowingly amputate his arm.

 

            For the first time since the ordeal began Jed had no time to feel pity or sorrow for himself as he was now in a battle. The monstrous voices from above still caused pain to the ears of Jed. He wished that he had an extra set of hands so that he could cover his ears. Now he had not only the voices, but the constant pounding of her shoes to deal with. Panic and Fear coursed through Jed’s body as he tried to think of someway to get out of this, to change the situation but as he heard the door chimes sound he knew that this was it.  

 

            The constant brutal pounding continued as Jed struggled to maintain his hold on the rubber walls. Each step slammed Jed’s head against the wall. Jed’s felt something give way and he began to fall as he drifted off into blackness.

 

            Jed’s life was never the same after that moment. Everything he knew, everything he held dear changed on that day, in that one moment. As he left the Coffee shop the first chapter of his life was over. A new chapter was about to start.

 

The End…