- Text Size +

There were many things that Geof never thought he would do in his life. Somewhere towards the top of the list was sleeping in his sister’s used bra. He found it funny how unpredictable life could be.

Dinner had ended poorly, but he had survived. For now, that was the most important thing. Living. After Emily had chewed him and her food, she had started talking. Geof had been flung out of her mouth then, landing in her napkin, soon trapped as she folded it. Covered in food, slime, and his sister’s spit, Geof had been forced to push his way free of the napkin.

He had given up trying to be found after that. At least for the day. He had been stepped on by his girlfriend, chewed up by his sister, almost crushed, almost killed. That had been enough.

It took hours to reach his sister’s room, even though it had barely even been a walk when he was normal sized. The amount of things on the ground didn’t help. Clothes littered the floor, the few sections that didn’t have a shirt, sock, or shorts draped over it was instead covered in dirt, dust, and general grime. Geof had passed many mysterious lumps, all of which he carefully avoided and wished to forget. A ketchup stain at normal size was barely even a concern. At micro size, it was anything but. Could he be trapped in it? Was it crawling with bacteria? Were bugs attracted to things like that? There were simply too many ways it could cause his death.

That described a lot of things now. Death was everywhere for little Geof, or at least that's how it seemed. He was tiny, small, pathetic. He couldn’t do anything now, was completely at the mercy of the god like beings that he once called his sisters and girlfriend.

So, when he finally reached Emily’s room, when he climbed on top of her thickly padded bra, he had simply collapsed. What was the point in going on? It wasn’t like he could wake up a sleeping giant. Hell, he’d probably be inhaled if he tried. He let his eyes close, sleep soon comforting him.

He woke to the sound of Emily’s feet stomping around, coming dangerously close to his “bed”. She had looked beautiful in the morning light. Hair sticking up in every which way, no makeup, a groggy look to her. She was wearing socks, a pair of tight shorts that barely covered anything, and a small t-shirt. Geof wasn’t proud, but he stared when she changed, her perfectly rounded butt visible for a few moments before she put on a pair of jeans.

Should he have tried to get her attention? Probably, but it wasn’t like it was going to do much. Jumping up and down like an idiot was just going to get him crushed. He was a bug, and was gradually growing to accept that as reality. If he really wanted help, he would need to find a better opportunity. But, could he live that long?

The girl’s had left a while ago, disappearing out the door, none of them questioning the location of little Geof. Did they really care about his disappearance? That once again brought up the question of what they would do if they ever did find him like this. Perhaps his sisters would have some games for him to play. It wasn’t like he’d be in a position to say no.

Click. Geof sat up, his ears trained. That sounded like the door, but there was no way the girl’s would be back so quickly. He heard footsteps soon after. His eyes locked on Emily’s door, waiting for it to open, his mind racing, his stomach sinking as the stomps came closer. The handle turned.

“Oh shit,” Geof whispered, the door swinging open, a new giant stepping inside.

Anna was the hired help, and Geof had completely forgotten that today was the day she was scheduled to come. Once every week Anna would visit, pretend to be horrified at the sheer amount of dirt and grime that the family managed to produce in such a little amount of time, then start cleaning.

Geof thought she was beautiful, both physically and mentally. She was always smiling, always a little bit playful, and had a beautiful body. Latina with an amazing, dark skin tone. Brown eyes, long hair that she tied back in a ponytail, a thin waist, and a perky butt that Geof often found himself staring at when she bent over.

But now she was a giant, prepared to clean up the mess that he and the girls had made, and he was just a bug. And what do maids do to any bugs they find? They squish them like the pests they are.

Geof gulped, quickly trying to think of what to do. Anna didn’t wait though, quickly going to work, picking up some of the close off of the ground and tossing them into a hamper. She was humming a tune, one that Geof could almost place.

But shit, he had bigger things to worry about than a song name. If she saw him, would she realize what he was? Would she just stomp him? But, then again, she was actually looking at the ground. When would he have a better shot at being found?

Geof took a big breath, calming his nerves. He couldn’t live at this size, he needed to be noticed. He stood up, his feet sinking into the padding a bit, preparing himself to do whatever was necessary for survival. He needed to be found.

It was only a few minutes before Anna came over to his bra, her hands working quickly, grabbing the clothes and tossing them into the hamper without a care. She was still humming that tune. She grabbed a pair of socks, then a shirt. Only a few articles away now, and Geof was starting to have second thoughts. Would this work? What if it didn’t? What if she tossed him in the laundry? Could he survive something like that?

Then she came to his bra. Without hesitation the tiny bug started jumping, waving his arms frantically, screaming Anna’s name with every ounce of energy his little body had left. He needed her to see him, needed to be found. This might be his last chance.

The latina maid grabbed one of the bra straps, lifting it quickly. Geof felt the fabric ripping out from under him, his body falling backwards. No, he had not been found. He was only a bug, after all.

He landed on the thin carpet a moment later, his head whipping backwards, his vision blurred. “Crap,” he whispered, rubbing the back of his head, his eyes tearing up a bit, perhaps from the pain, perhaps from the fact that his best hope had been ripped from him. Was this really it? A destiny to continuously be passed over, never to be found?
            But bugs are rarely given time to think, at this was no exception. Geof’s eyes opened as a shadow fell over him, Anna’s sole quickly coming into focus. She was about to step on him.

“No, Anna!” Geof shouted, though he knew it wasn’t going to work. He cringed, curling up into a ball as her shoe crashed to the ground, fully expecting it to be the end. When he finally opened his eyes again, he saw her thick sole resting only a few inches away from his tiny body.

Quickly he pushed himself to a standing position, his survival instincts kicking in. He wasn’t going to be found like this. He needed to get away, go somewhere safe. Somewhere that didn’t have a high chance of him being crushed to death.

Anna was wearing similar shoes to that of his sister’s, a pair of pink and black Etnies. Geof had often looked at those shoes with lust, wishing that he could be closer to them, that he could feel the sock fabric, that he could really study the intricate design of the sole. Now, however, there were few things he would want less than to be close to them.

They were old, worn down from the constant use, the sole compacted by the giant’s weight, cracked in spots. The leather was stretched, the laces frayed towards the end. It only made them look the more menacing.

She lifted her foot them, taking another step to reach the next article of clothing his sister had so carelessly tossed about. Geof didn’t pause to see where it landed, he simply started running. He was not in a safe spot. He didn’t want to die.

The impact of her sole almost caused the tiny creature to stumble and fall. It was so close, so forcefull. If he had been under it… his thoughts drifted to the image of a tiny red speck staining her magnificent sole. Would she see it one day and wonder what it was? No, it would probably just be overlooked, thought of as just another stain, something small and insignificant that she had stepped in. Nothing of any concern.

Geof looked back, now in full sprint, his heart beating fiercely, his skin wet with sweat, his stomach twisting in on itself with panik. He didn’t want to die. The sight that came to his eyes was more than he had been prepared for. The giant’s sole hung above his head, dirty and cracked, a pattern of hard triangles covering the entire surface save a single section that had been painted pink, the word “Etnies” carved into it.

“No, please, Anna!” he screamed desperately, watching as the shoe started to lower, still running at full speed. Was this how it ended? Crushed by his maid? Perhaps that was fitting for a bug like him.

But maybe if he kept running he could avoid it, live another day. That was the best he could hope for at this point. Surviving. Like an animal. His leg came down, sinking into something that he wasn’t concerned about.

Then he found himself falling. He screamed then, his head turning, a mass of pink hurriedly coming to meet his face. He slapped into it hard, the thick substance quickly enveloping him, holding him firm. Then he realized what had happened. He was stuck in a piece of gum. One of his sister’s used chewing wads that she had carelessly tossed on the floor, he had run right into it, fallen in it, been trapped in it.

“No,” he said, horrified, struggling against the glob’s pull. “No, no, no!” he screamed, the shadow of Anna’s shoe growing larger as her foot came down. But there was nothing he could do. He was trapped, about to be squished, and there was nothing in the world that could save him. This was it.

He felt Anna’s sole come down, felt his body start to compress under the unimaginable pressure, his face mashed even further into the pink glob of used chewing gum. His arms and legs burned, bones on the verge of snapping. His stomach was squished, threatening to force out all of its contents.

Then he saw light. But it was not like how it was when Jo had stepped on him. This wasn’t the peaceful realization that he had been saved from a gruesome death. This was the realization that something that was supposed to be quick and painless was going to be drawn out. The gum had saved him, most likely in the same manner that the carpet did, absorbing just enough of the pressure to keep him alive. But, now he was stuck to the bottom of her sole.

“No!” Geof screamed, watching as the ground raced towards him, feeling the unimaginable pressure once again. Now Anna was walking on him. Was he really worth that little? Was his life so worthless that a giant could walk with him attached to the bottom of her foot and not even notice?

Apparently so. Geof quickly lost count of how many times the giant had stepped on him, how many seconds he had spent under her dirty sole. Pain radiated through his being, but there was nothing he could do to stop it. His arms and legs were firmly mashed into the gum, his head free only enough so that he could see the ground he was about to be smashed into.

Anna sonn finished Emily’s room, moving on to her sisters, then to Geof’s. She vacuumed after, then started dusting. Cleaned off the counter, took out the trash, cleaned out the spot in between the couch cushions, and all with her little stow away.

Geof was alive for all of it, wishing that his torment would end, wanting nothing more than to go back to how things had been. Normal sized, with a normal life. Two sisters who had been mean to him at times, but cared for him deep down, and a girlfriend who was the best person on earth. Why did this have to happen?

Finally, when Anna moved into the kitchen, did the glob of gum come unstuck. She pulled her foot up, the glob stretching, then snapping off, the tiny bug trapped more than ever inside its clutches.

“Wow,” Anna said, looking at the floor, covered in food particles and dirt. “These guys a terrible at keeping things clean.” She walked away for a moment, coming back with a dustpan and broom. “But, I guess that's what they pay me for.” She crouched down, the broom already sweeping particles into the pan.

“Anna, please don’t do this,” Geof called, still desperate to be found, unwilling to give up. “Anna, I’m here! Come on Anna, notice me!”

Her brush came closer, sweeping the crumbs without any discrimination. She was humming that tune again. It was catchy, Geof had to admit. Still, he felt no qualms about interrupting. “Anna, I’m in the gum!”

Her brush was about to sweep him up. “Anna, don’t!” he screamed, but it was useless. The brush hit his glob of gum, he was sent flying into the dustpan. Then Anna stood up, humming happily away, walking towards the sink.

Then Geof realized what was about to happen. The trash compactor was under the sink. “No, Anna, I’m not trash!” he screamed, struggling to free himself from the gums firm grasp. “Please, don’t throw me in there!” She was almost at the sink, humming happily away, unaware of his tiny plight. Little did she know she was about to kill him.

Her hand reached down, opening the compactor. “No, Anna, please!” But it wasn’t any use. He was simply too small to be heard. A tiny bug to be stepped on without a care. A piece of dirt to be swept up. A worthless waste of what he called a life. Anna happily tossed him into the compactor.

So this is how things ended. Not under the foot of a goddess, nor in his sister’s stomach. Squashed by a trash compactor. He heard sounds outside as Anna flipped the switch, initiating the process. There was no way out, no possibility of survival, no magic to come save him. This was it.

He felt things press against him, felt his body compress, felt his bones start to snap. Well, it was bound to happen eventually. This world was just too big for someone of his size. He was going to die like the insect he was.

His body started to give. Anna was still humming that song. What was it? It had such a pleasant tune to it. Something old, something good. Then, in his last moments of life, it came to him.

Live and let Die