- Text Size +

To be completely fair, Dash did need to use the bathroom.  Maybe not enough to justify ignoring Zoe’s hesitance to use LeShae’s bathroom, but she did plan to relieve herself at least a little.  As she slipped through the door to the bedroom, she noted that it was an unusual setup to have the only bathroom tucked away inside a bedroom.  LeShae must not entertain much.

Inside her bedroom, Dash took a moment to admire the sight.  This is where LeShae slept.  This is where she woke each morning and did what little pampering she needed to do to make herself stand out in the crowd.  This is where the magic happened.  The diva’s domain.  She grinned to herself.

The bedroom was large, to say the least.  It was nearly half the size of the rest of the apartment, not including the bathroom.  The room was white, trimmed in sky blue and the decor matched. Black, white and blue curtains hung from the windows and reached the floor, seemingly cut from the same pattern as the blankets on the bed and pillowcases.  The carpet was a brilliant white, something Dash would not dare try herself, for risk of dropping a single drop of wine and ruining the carpet forever. It was a bold move, and very fitting of the owner’s personality.

There was a small closet, and Dash noticed a few button-down shirts, masculine ones.  She assumed that they belonged to her fiance, for when he stayed over.  There was an antique dollhouse sitting on the long dresser, next to a vanity mirror, and Dash noted that she would inspect it more closely when she finished her business.

Stepping past the large bed, Dash slipped into the bathroom and admired the decor.  Pristine white, perfectly clean and organized.  The bathroom also contained a large walk-in closet, and the trimmings for the bathroom matched the bedroom perfectly. White towel with black and blue accents, dark marble countertops, white shower curtains, trimmed still with black and blue.  She definitely noticed a theme, and knew that she needed to remember this color scheme for the next time she wanted to by LeShae a gift.

Finally dropping her shorts and panties, she took a seat on the toilet, finished her business, and made her way back out to the bedroom.  

As she headed toward the door, she remembered the dollhouse, and casually stepped over, looking over the exterior of the dollhouse.  It was very well made, and clearly handcrafted years ago, probably a family heirloom.  
“Aww, it’s so cute…”  She whispered to herself, smiling at the intricate details.  fIt warmed her heart that LeShae kept her family close, or it seemed.  Stepping even closer, she leaned in to peer inside, peeking one of her big blue eyes into the open window. Her lips parted, leaving her mouth slightly ajar in awe of the craftsmanship.

~~~

David had not slept well the night before.  He was never really able to get comfortable, and his stomach churned from not having eaten enough the last few days.  He just couldn’t bring himself to, there was too much on his mind.  Bright and early, he’d heard his fiance get out of bed and leave, assumingly to run errands like she normally did before he woke up.  After he heard the  living room door close, he sat up and grabbed a piece of scratch paper that he’d made into a journal.

“May 24th,

LeShae hasn’t treated me the same since the accident.  We were already struggling with our relationship, but lately it’s been nearly hostile.  I can’t say that I’m not a little concerned, and I’m not afraid for my life, but I definitely worry that she is beginning to reconsider how invested in me...in our relationship...she is going to be if we can’t fix things soon.

She did mention that there was potential, she found someone who would be willing to help us, that she’d had a similar problem, and now she was having a mostly normal life.  That’s what I want, a normal life again.  I want to kiss my fiance, I want to cook her breakfast in bed, I want to lay in bed with her at night and cuddle, or go farther. I want her to know how much I love her.  It’s so hard to prove it like this, but I know that she’s struggling as hard as I am.”

Feeling a more depressed than he did before, David turned rested his head on his pillow again, and coaxed himself into a partial sleep.

A few hours later, he heard the living room door open, but he did not move.  Seconds later, he recognized LeShae’s voice, speaking to someone. He couldn’t understand what she was saying, and didn’t hear a reply, so he assumed she was on the phone, and turned over in bed.  It was several more minutes later that he heard the living room door open and close again, and things fell silent. He tried to put himself back to sleep.

Ten minutes passed.  The door opened and closed once again, but was immediately followed by voices, neither of them being LeShae’s.  He nearly panicked, but remembered LeShae saying that her cousin would be coming by some time today to pick up a few things.  Relaxing, he again tried to put himself to sleep. And then the bedroom door opened.

David wasn’t sure how much Zoe knew about his condition, but he certainly didn’t want her to find out like this.  When the door opened, he immediately buried himself in the blankets of his bed to hide himself. A second later, he heard someone walk by and go into the restroom.  Maybe they would just do their business and leave?

He heard the toilet flush.  Okay, they’d be leaving soon.  

Listening with bated breath, David heard the footsteps head out of the bathroom, and counted the seconds until he heard the door close.  But the footsteps started getting closer.  Breathing heavier, he prayed that whoever it was would go away.

“Aww, it’s so cute…”  Her voice filled his ears.  He didn’t recognize it, either.  Despite his nerves going haywire, he couldn’t help but peek through the blankets.

Filling his window, a pair of pink, glossy lips were slowly parting to reveal an enormous set of powerful teeth, which widened partially to show the pink tongue and dark depths of this woman’s mouth.  Her breath filled his window as she exhaled gently, and David could not help but to scream in fear.

The massive face of the woman peering into his dollhouse filled most of the windows on his end of the house.  He assumed she was staring into a window on the third floor.  Had she heard him scream?  Was she already looking for him?  He wasn’t sure, but he did know she needed to go away.  His curtains blew in the wind of her breath, and as small as he was, getting near the window was nothing short of stepping into a windstorm.  Despite how inviting her lips seemed to be, the last thing he wanted was to be inhaled by some giant woman.

Scrambling backward in his bed, he rolled off of the edge and tumbled to the floor, then pulled himself up.  There were stairs immediately in front of him, and he made his way toward them, only to be buffeted by the coffee-scented breath from the woman’s mouth.  Pushing through, he ascended the stairs.

The second floor was mostly devoid of furniture, but he needed to reach the his panic room.  Unfortunately, it was in the attic, which meant sneaking past the curious giant’s wandering eye. Most of the exterior wall of the second floor was missing, which gave him an unrestricted view of the woman’s upper lip and nostrils.  Fortunately, there was not as much of a draft here, and he only had to sprint across the floor with the ominous, looming threat of the woman’s facial features  hovering in the background. He did note that she was moving slowly to peer down to lower floors. Time was on his side.

Soon enough, he reached the ladder that let him climb up to the third floor.  

This floor was primarily for the dining room and access to the attic. There was a single window here, and as she looked through the tree-house style floor entrance to the room, he had to duck back down to avoid a massive blue eye peering inside.  The iris was a brillaint grey-blue, speckled with bits of other colors near the pupil.  It was a sight to behold, as he clung to the ladder, watching as the woman’s eye filled the large window.  She blinked once, the long eyelashes, as thick as his arm, almost brushing against the window sill.  After only a second, the eye descended to look into the second floor, and David pulled himself into the third floor.  

From here, the attic was just a door and a ladder away. Staring out through the window as the slightly pale forehead gave way to a long, viney forest of red hair, David considered...what if he allowed her to find him?  Maybe she would be willing to talk with LeShae about the situation, maybe she’d be an arbiter for him?  But did he want to risk that?  Did he want to risk LeShae’s trust?

Turning his head, he ducked through the door across the room, grabbed a ladder, and ascended to safety in his dollhouse attic. No one needed to know about LeShae’s shrunken fiance.  Not yet.

 

~~~

Dash, amused by the strangely assembled, but still elegant dollhouse, peered through the third floor window, then slowly moved to the second, and finally ground floors.  She would have given anything to have such an intricate dollhouse as a little girl.  Sighing, she stood to her full height again.  Just as she was about to move, she heard the door open, and LeShae’s voice rang through the living room.