- Text Size +
"Ow. What happened, Joe groaned waking up holding is sleepy hand up to his head which was throbbing quite hard.

His ears rang which a high pitched scream blocking out the noise of the other people in the lunchroom, whilst his eyes were too heavy to open. He just lay there, trying to remember exactly what happened.

He felt ill, so thinking that it was out of hunger he grabbed his lunch from his bag, headed over to the lunchroom. He was sitting on a table all by himself, when he glanced up from his meal, to notice Tierney eating at a table with her best friend, Charlotte.

Tierney was Joe's all time crush, all the way from primary school. Whilst munching on his sandwich, Joe gazed over at her, dreaming about him having the courage to march over there and proclaim his love to her.

It was then when Joe felt super sick, his eyes felt weary as his head was spinning as he lost focus and lost consciousness.

Joe now managed to sit up. His eyes were still heavy, but his hearing was slowly recovering. The noise around him began to get louder. He never imagined the lunchroom to be this noisy, especially when no one ever sat near him.

Forcing his eyes open, his vision started off blurry. He noticed that he was looking up as people walked past him. "Must've fallen on the floor when I passed out" he said to himself rubbing the gunk out of his eyes as a way to improve his vision.

When his eyes started to clear, Joe was confused as to what his eyes were making him see. As he looked around, Joe finally realised what had happened.

He'd shrunk.

Joe was now just 3 inches tall, lying on the stool that he was sitting on earlier connected to the table.

"Wait what?!" He screamed scooping himself to his feet. He looked around at the gigantic people around him.

A young year 7 girl walked straight beside him. Joe jumped in the air, waving his arms to get her attention. Normally, year 7's would jump at the slightest sound, but she seemed to ignore him completely, strolling straight passed him.

How didn't she see me, Joe thought as she strolled down the isle. He never thought that he was that small.

Suddenly, Joe got another flashback. There was something else that happened before he felt sick.

Joe was just walking up and down the playground, like he did every lunchtime. Just as he strolled on the boundary between the field and the playground, Joe spotted something on the floor in the field.

Joe found a plant growing in the ground beside him. However, the ground was dry and there was no other living greenery within a 4 yard radius. But there was something else that made it completely stand out from any other plant he'd ever seen.

The plant was a bright green colour, then a deep purple, and then blood red. Somehow, the plant was able to change its colour. Joe was absolutely mesmerised by its unique form.

He leaned in closer to the plant, it seemed to have this weird effect on Joe. It was drawing him in closer, almost as if it was hypnotising him.

He brought the plant right up to his nose, giving it a gentle sniff. The plant smelt of literal nothing, as plain as a big box of emptiness.

However, as soon as he brought his nose away from the plant, it's head dropped as if it suddenly died. The whole plant turned a dull charcoal black, right before it disintegrated into tiny molecules that scattered in the wind.

As Joe got up, confused, a sudden head ache came over him. It was then that he started to feel ill, and headed off to the lunchroom. It must've been the plant that shrunk him.

As his flashback fazed back into real life, a huge shadow fell over him. He turned around to see a giant figure looming over him. This person wore thick black boots with a pair of black knee length socks.

This person also wore a short black skirt which from his angle, allowed him to see right up it, giving him a good view of (what he know new was a her) thong.

That was all Joe needed to know exactly who it was standing above him.

"Well well well. Of all the people in the school, it had to you didn't it" Joe's stepsister Katy said grinning down at him.
Chapter End Notes:
Please leave a rating and a comment of how you think this story is going so far.