- Text Size +

Matt awoke to the sound of the store’s bell chiming loudly in his ear, followed soon by the heavy footsteps of one of the store clerks. He guessed by how clumsy they sounded that it was Paula herself, a woman in her late thirties with a little bit of a belly, who always wore flats that were a few sizes too small for her manish feet, and almost always had a snack in her hands.

He pushed himself into a sitting position, rubbing the gunk out of his eyes, looking around that dark hollow. Sunbeams came in through some of the holes in one of the walls, allowing small patches of light to illuminate set areas of the room, larger than normal dust particles flashing as they caught the glare. The floor was simple, cold tile, the walls a dark wood.

The other three were stirring, waking up from their sleep slowly, as they would normally do. Their wasn’t much of a motivation to wake up anyway. There wasn’t anything to eat, wasn’t any real plans to reach help. Just another day of trying to survive.

Matt stretched, cracked his fingers, blinked at the sunny spots, tried to ignore the constant gnawing in his stomach. “Come on guys,” he said, receiving a unanimous grown in response. “We should get moving.”

 

The clock read noon, and the store was busy, a multitude of different women coming in and out of the store, their massive feet stomping on the ground, causing trembles with every thoughtless stomp.

Matt crouched in the shadows under one of the tables towards the back, a bunch of shirts stacked up on top. It was not the safest place in the store, often times the workers would need to change out merchandise and would come close to crushing them, but it did have some benefits. It was far away from the main entrance, which let in a burst of frigid winter air whenever it was opened, and it was close to the employee lounge. With some luck a couple of crumbs might be dragged out on someone's shoe today.

So far they haven’t had much luck.

“Come on!” Johnny shouted, slamming his hand on the table leg as yet another giantess walked away, no food dropping. “I’m starving.”

“Shut up,”  Nicholas spat from nearby. “Were all hungry.”

“We can’t live like this,” said Brian softly.

“Well I don’t see you thinking of anything better,” answered Nicholas, standing up. “Got any ideas, smartass?”

“No, I just-”

“Then shut your damn mouth and watch for food!”

“Okay,” Brian said, backing down from a challenge. Brian always backed down in these situations. Matt just shook his head, turning back to the floor, ignoring the fights that seemed to be growing dangerously frequent.  

The door opened, Matt’s eyes flashed upwards. He tried to make out the giantess’ face, but it was blocked by her perky breasts sticking out from her pink t-shirt and covered by the store’s white apron. Though he still knew it was Cassie. No matter what he could always recognize her.

She stepped in front of him, her massive running shoes slamming on the tile. She shifted her weight, continuing her walk, leaning more on her toes. Then, an instant later, she was gone. Matt turned away, sighing audibly, the sound of women's voices sounding in the distance.

“Hey, you still sad about-” began Jonny, but he stopped as something crashed to the floor. The four turned in unison, a single slice of bread spinning on the floor just a few inches out from the cover of the table.

It might have been the most elegant thing they had ever seen. The corner had teeth marks in it, was dripping with both the saliva of the previous owner and the sauces that had been so liberally dribbled, as well as a few loose chunks of lettuce, cheese, and even a bit of meet. To most it would be nothing more than a piece of trash to throw in the garbage. To Matt and his group, it was a miracle. They hadn’t eaten in so long.

“Food!” Johnny shouted, rushing forward, only to be stopped when Matt grabbed him by the arm.

“Careful,” he hurriedly said. “We need to wait until it's safe.”

“Come on,” Jonny continued, pulling away. “I just need a bight. That's it, just a-” he stopped as a loud thud erupted from close by. A woman was approaching, her heavy footfalls aimed close to the table.

Matt recognized her as one of Cassie’s coworkers, Amanda. Skinny, tall, great legs, an amazing body that he wasn’t happy to admit he had fantasized about. She didn’t have the best personality, often came off as a bit of a bitch, but was a decent person all the same. Today she had on a pair of thick snow boots covered in mud, dirt, and snow from outside. The soles were large, almost as thick as Matt was tall, numerous stains covering the disgusting zig-zags that formed the bottom.

“No,” Johnny whimpered as he realized where her current path would take her. They four naked men watched as the girl’s boot went up, then came down on the feeble sandwich below, crushing without any effort. “No!” He whimpered, collapsing onto his knees.

A voice called from far away, “Amanda, could you organize those shirts?”

The girl answered, “Sure,” then turned to the table opposite the micros, going to work.

“But, we could have eaten for days!”

“I know,” answered Matt.

“I’m so hungry.”

“I know.”

“But,”

“Holy fuck, just shut up,” Nicholas said, turning away from the girl.

Then Amanda started to move, shifting her weight a tiny bit, leaning up onto her toes. As she did so her sole was exposed to the group of gawking men, the carnage of the crushed lunch staining the already disgusting sole.

“Look,” Johnny said, his big eyes unable to focus on anything else but the crushed bread and condiments.

“It isn’t worth it,” Matt started, though Johnny was already trying to squirm out of his grip. “She’ll step on you, just wait until she moves!” But his words didn’t have an effect on the starved man. He broke free of Matt’s grip, rushing forward from the safety of the table, bounding to the girl’s sole. “Why didn’t you help me?” Matt said, turning desperately back to the other two. Nicholas only shrugged as he looked on.

The three stared silently as Johnny rushed to her sole, pressing his nude body against the mass of mud soaked food, scraping whatever grime covered portions he could from the girl’s waterlogged bootprint. “Thank you,” he whimpered as he ate, ignoring the taste of snow and dirt as he piled whatever he could into his mouth. “Thank you,” he said again, falling onto his knees as he continued.

“Johnny, get out of there!” Matt called, his puny voice barely carrying to his friend. If the man heard he gave no notice. He continued to enjoy the flattened contents of Amanda’s sole, crushed so carelessly, mashed into a paste that was barely even edible, yet the most delicious thing he had ever tasted.

Then a voice from above, light and airy. “Okay Paula, I think I’m done.” The three men could only watch as the girl placed the last shirt on the pile, her weight shifting, her shoe falling. Johnny noticed at the last second as her shadow consumed his body. He looked up at her sole, unblinking, unthinking, dread consuming him as it came downwards.

It was over in an instant, no yell for help or scream of pain. Just a quick series of snaps as his bones were smashed and a large puddle of blood when the girl took a step away. For the moment that Matt was able to look at the pool he could tell that the body didn’t remain. Either it was crushed so thoroughly that it was no longer recognizable, or it was plastered to the underside of the giantess’ boot.

“Damn,” Nicholas said, elbowing his way past Matt. “Two dead in two days. But, I do spy a couple of crumbs. Doesn't look like anyone nearby.” He grinned. “Guess I’m eating tonight. Come on, before anyone else shows up.”

Nicholas and Brian ran into the open soon after, grabbing as many crumbs as they could carry, not giving any more thought to the travesty that they just watched. Matt stayed back, unable to turn towards that spot of blood, unable to take his mind off the latest death. He didn’t want to deal with this, didn’t want to have to watch his friends die. He didn’t want to be a naked one-inch tall man on the ground.

But his stomach growled and his throat burned. It was only a moment more until he joined the others, picking up the crumbs, doing his best to avoid the ones covered in blood. He was mortal, after all.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Feeling hungry yet?