- Text Size +

  "Give me my fucking smokes!"

    The girl behind the register, a petite blonde at the tender age of 18, stood her ground.

    "As I've said before, if you want cigarettes, I'll need to see some form of I.D." the girl, Janie, adjusted her blue V-neck top.

    "Fuck you, I need I.D.!" spit the man, leaning his full sleeve tattooed arms on the counter. "Now, give me my fucking smokes!" His girlfriend combed her fingers through her long black hair, chomped on her gum, and obnoxiously blew a bubble before she popped it with a black fingernail.

    "Can't you just like, overlook it this one time?"

    "No, ma'am." Janie replied. "And jeporadize my minimum wage job for a jackass like him? Fat fucking chance." she thought.

    "I want to see your fucking manager! I'll have you fired for this, you stupid cunt!" the man growled, his black hair hanging shaggily by his ears. His voice was choked with tar and whatever else unfortunate substance a chain smoker would cough up. Janie's expression twisted into a bizarre cross between a scowl and a painful grin.

    "Sure~" Janie responded in the usual forced saccharine tone she had when dealing with difficult customers. "I'll get him right away." She batted her brown eyes sweetly.

    "It's about fuckin' time." the man muttered. Janie glanced at him again. Maybe they were 18, but it was too hard to tell without an I.D. Now she was meant to be the bad guy because she wouldn't blindly trust them? Janie closed her eyes and grit her teeth, letting her rage flow from the top of her head to the tips of her fingers and toes. Sparks crackled in her mind, lighting up her nerves like fireworks. She let out a deep, hissing breath between her teeth and opened her eyes. Okay. She'd call her manager. This situation was not, not, not her fault. The manager would tell these two assholes the same thing. She was sure of it.

    "Okay, I'm calling my manager right... Oh~..." Janie grinned. The man and woman, who had been 6 foot and 5'6, respectively, now writhed on the concrete floor, only an inch tall, if even.

    "Alex?! Alex, wh-what the FUCK happened?!" the woman squealed, shaking her boyfriend.

    "I don't know! Why the fuck do you think I would know?!" he yelled back, just as panicked. "What the fuck did you do, you bi-" Alex had made the mistake of looking up. Nothing but his erratic breathing could be heard for a solid, agonizing thirty seconds. "Oh f-..." He finally choked out, coming to comprehend the enormous wall of white rubber in front of him. "Angie... run..." Alex whimpered with a great urgency.

    "Wh-what?" his girlfriend, Angie, responded. Her mind was still a bit fried from what had transpired.

    "RUN!" he screamed, rising up on shaking legs and tearing across the concrete as fast as his feet would allow. Angie quickly followed suit as best she could, trying with all her might to avoid the looming shadow above. Janie giggled. It was almost like following bugs on a sidewalk, only a million times more satisfying.

    "You two are so stupid..." Janie laughed. "Didn't your mother ever teach you any respect?!" She slammed her foot down in front of the fleeing tinies, sending them sprawling. Alex gripped his side and struggled to his feet, trying to hobble forward. Angie scrambled backwards on her butt, too gripped by fear to think straight.

    "Angie! We gotta GO!" Alex screamed, gripping her slender wrist and dragging her dead weight along. Janie watched the two barely make any headway. Her lips spread into a grin that would put the Grinch to shame. She slowly lifted her sneaker off the ground...

    "No... Alex... No..." Angie moaned as tears flowed down her cheeks, her mascara streaking her face in black rivulets. "This can't be... this can't be happening..."

    "We'll get out of here. I promise." he murmured. "We'll get out of here and then we'll put this bitch away for a long, long time..." His bones shook as the monolithic teen's sneaker slammed into the ground again, barely missing them.

    "Go ahead. Try to run."

    "Please stop! PLEASE!" Angie cried.

    "Mmm... Okay." Janie grinned from above. "Say "I'm sorry" one thousand times, and I'll let you go."

    "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry-" Angie screamed in desperation. Janie lowered her shoe a little. Angie's voice became shiller, more raw, "I'msorryI'msorryI'msorryI'msorryI'msorryI'msorryI'msorryI'msorryI'msorryI'msorryI'msorryI'msorry-"

Angie didn't even have time to scream. Janie's sole crashed through her feeble body and tore it to shreds, chunks of what used to be a woman raining in all directions. Angie's blood and gore painted the white rubber of Janie's once pristine sneakers.

    Alex's mouth dropped open in horror. He tried to say something, but all that would come forth was pathetic, agony-laced gasping. He started to scream as he finally dropped the disembodied arm he was grasping, the only solid piece of Angie left. A torrent of vomit issued forth from his lips. He held his head in his hands and wailed despondently. Janie left the little man in his misery, cleaning up the splotch that used to be Angie off the floor with some paper towels. She glanced down at the bottom of her shoe.

    "Eugh..." Janie groaned, eyeing the mashed pink blob stuck in between the tread of her sneakers, "Disgusting. Looks a little like chewed up gum..." She giggled at her own cruel joke. "How am I gonna get this off?" Her feral gaze drifted to the sobbing wreck of a man on the floor.

    Alex curled further into himself, wishing he could become invisible. Angie was dead. There one second, gone the next. She was never coming back. Ever. He tried to crawl away from the gruesome scene, but was quickly stopped by a swift kick to his abdomen.

    "Hey little guy..." Janie cooed. "I got something for you."

    "Huh?..." He answered tearfully, only to be met with a faceful of rubber.

    "There we go..." Janie moaned, scraping her shoe back and forth against the screaming man. Alex's skin ripped and tore as the friction of the rubber became too great, not to mention nearly being gored by fragments of pebbles too small to see. "Now, for the main event..." Alex's mouth was opened into a scream, he wasn't lucky enough to close it before chunks of the pink substance and dirty blood were coaxed into his throat. He retched, nearly choking on his own vomit. The taste was indescribably revolting. Unfortunately for Alex, it didn't stop there. The pink substance, what Alex now recognized as what remained of Angie, was repeatedly scraped against his miniscule body as it flaked off. "Finally, all nice and clean!" Janie exclaimed, scooping Alex into her palm. "Now, what should I do with you?"

    "F-f-ffffuck you..." Alex slurred through tears.

    "Pardon?"

    "FUCK YOU!" He shouted.

    "Well that wasn't very nice..." Janie said in mock hurt tone. Alex let out a breathy, wheezing laugh.

    "You don't have a fucking soul. I'm surprised what I said even affected you, you bitch."

    "And since we're pointing out the obvious, if you would have respected my decision to refuse the sale this wouldn't be happening to you right now." replied Janie icily. Alex paled. "I'm really lucky it's been so dead today. Sadly, all good things must come to an end." She slipped off her right shoe. "Keep my toes company while I work, m'kay?"

    "No! NO!" Alex wailed as the palm tipped, sending him sailing through the air. His descent was soon halted by the hard bottom of the shoe. His left arm was caught beneath him, his shoulder hyperextending with a nauseating snap. "God, please... St-st-stop..." begged Alex. He got no reply from the girl above as he rolled into the toe section of her sneaker. Any and all light was blotted out by the socked foot lowering into his prison.

    "Hope my socks don't smell too bad, been wearing them for a couple days." commented Janie casually. Alex's eyes teared up, his lungs burning with every inhalation of sweat stained air. This was how he would die. Suffocated to death in a shoe. He thought about how quickly fate had changed. In less than half an hour two lives had been destroyed, one snuffed out beneath a teenager's shoe, the other about to be extinguished inside of it. Janie's toes finally connected with his insignificant body, dragging Alex between them. He whimpered as he was unaturally contorted by the digits, soon finding himself being brutally smashed and beaten against the unforgiving surface underneath him as the giant girl went about her shift. A swift, casual blow to the back of Alex's head left him dazed, adding to his oxygen-deprieved confusion. He tried to fight the probing toes as best he could, but with his current state, that didn't mean much of anything. Coagulated sweat and dirt forced its way onto Alex's face and into his mouth in retaliation. He choked down the mouthful, frantically rubbing his face. Alex took a deep breath and gagged, then whimpered. If this was what that cunt wanted... Fine. He curled himself tightly into a ball, taking care to protect his head, and got ready to endure the beating. Over the next two hours, he was painfully contorted, kneaded, squashed, and almost turned to paste by Janie's seemingly careless feet. Blood and drool flowed down Alex's split lip. He wouldn't be able to stand if he wanted to.

    "Please... I'm sorry... Please..." he cried, fully resigned to his fate and ready to surrender. He focused on trying to understand what was going on outside his cell. She probably couldn't even hear his pathetic cries for mercy, not that she'd care. There was some sort of an exchange happening outside, but it was so greatly muffled Alex had no hope of comprehending what was being said.

    Janie raised her arms up and stretched, ready to end a long day. Aside from those two assholes, everything had gone off without a hitch. After removing her uniform, she lazily made her way to the aisle she had just left. Her hands drifted over a few items before selecting two in particular.

    "Oh hey, Janie. Just getting off?" the girl behind the counter smiled.

    "Yep." Janie confirmed. "Beth, I uh, I need a pack of Marlboros."

    "Alright. Can I see your I.D.?" Beth asked.

    "Sure." Janie handed over her license as Beth rang up the items and finalized the sale.

    "Okay, comes to $12.55."

    "Here you go." Janie handed her exact change. "I don't need a receipt."

    "Okay then. You have a nice night!" Beth called.

    "Oh, I will..."

    Alex groaned as his eyes fluttered open.

    "What... Happened?" He sat up, slowly looking around, and to his horror the awful experience hadn't been a nightmare like he'd hoped. Alex scrambled to his feet and began to pound uselessly on the shiny black plastic before him. "Let me out of here!"

    "No, no, little guy." Janie effortlessly knocked him backwards with a finger. "It's not time for that yet." She pulled out the cigarettes and lit one with a lighter she had picked up before she left work, dangling its glowing tip terrifyingly close to Alex's skin.

    "Wh-what are you doing?! St-stop!" Alex cried pathetically.

    "Well..." responded Janie,  "You had said you wanted your smokes, right?" Alex's mouth had gone dry. He gazed catatonically at his captor as he stared at his own death. Something hard cracked against his face, like he had just been punched by a championship boxer. Her fingernail. "I'm talking to you, you little bastard!"

    "Yes... I did." he slurred, drool rolling down his lips.

    "Being the sort of person I am, I think I'll give you one." Janie smirked and tapped the end of the cigarette, sending a load of hot ash onto Alex's stomach. An unintelligble squeal rose from the depths of the ashtray as Alex struggled to wipe it from his body. "Did you like it?" Alex was too worn to say anything, his entire torso encompassed by searing pain. "Hmph. I guess you need another then, huh?" Alex could barely move a single muscle. At this point he was surprised his heart could even beat correctly.

    "Please, no... I'm sorry..." he whimpered. Janie didn't reply. Soon another clump of silvery white ash filled his field of vision, landing in a heap onto the left side of Alex's face. Alex found new strength as he clawed desperately at his own bruised and burning skin. His screaming surprised even Janie. "I'M BLIND! I'M FUCKING BLIND!" his own animalistic howls reverberated in his ears, terrifying him further.

    "One more..." Janie cooed as she flipped him over. Alex flailed with all his might but couldn't escape the grasp her fingers held on him. His arms and legs were painfully spread, his battered and scarred face forced against the plastic coated with skin and dust.

    "NO!" Alex wailed. "Please, no! I can't bear it anymore!" tears flowed violently from his good eye, as he wailed and screamed with everything he had left. "Nononononononono-!" His cries were cut off into one struggling gasp. Janie plunged the burning ember of the cigarette down onto his back, twisting it for good measure. Alex's skin burned, blistered, and bubbled. When Janie withdrew the cigarette, some of Alex's skin tore off as well. Alex's fingers struggled uselessly against the ground. No matter how much he tried, he wouldn't get away. "Please..." he wept, "Please... Let me go."

    "I can't do that! Look at all the fun we're having!" exclaimed Janie. "Oh! I have an idea!" She left the room momentarily, quickly returning with a hand mirror. "How about you get a look at the new you?"

    "If I do... Will you let me go?"

    "Maybe." Janie held up the mirror. Alex reluctantly opened his eyes and was struck speechless. He had always been a good looking man, it had been what had helped him get into so many girls' pants over the years, but... what he saw before him now was... monstrous. The sclera of his right eye was streaked with red. The bad eye had the appearence that every blood vessel had been burst. When he looked close enough, he could swear that what remained of his left eye was clouding over. Ugly scars began to plague his face, skin peeling, charred black and red, unsightly blisters forming on the surface. Similar burns extended to his abdomen and back. Every limb was mottled with bruises in a multitude of colors. His fingernails were chipped and bloodied by his plight. "So?..." Janie asked teasingly. "What do you think? Alex stood motionless, taking in everything laid before him. An agonizing period of silence went by.

    "... kill me..." Alex whispered.

    "Hm?"

    "FUCKING KILL ME!" screamed Alex with the last of his strength.

    "Mmm..." Janie pretended to mull it over. "Alright, but before I do you have to come over here and kiss my nails." Alex got on his hands and knees and dragged himself over to her with no hesitation, throwing his whole self into his task. Janie picked him up by his torso. Alex flinched, but prepared for death as best he could. To his own despair, it wouldn't come. Instead, he was placed inside a box.

    "Wh-what are you doing?!" he whimpered, staring up at his captor. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

    "You didn't actually think I was gonna kill you, right?" giggled Janie. "I think you'll do just fine right here. Every day after I come home from work, you'll be waiting for me! And who knows?" Her expression and tone turned darker, "Maybe now you'll learn some respect."

    "N-no! NO! NO!" Alex wailed as the top was placed on the box, sealing him inside. "No... Please..." Janie shrugged, shutting her nightstand drawer and getting ready for bed. She had one hell of a workday ahead of her.