- Text Size +
Molly’s Worst Nightmare by Masked Writer
Chapter One

December 23rd, the date of the Christmas formal, was a significant day for two reasons. It was the second most anticipated event of the year, the prom being the first. It also meant that the school year was half over. For Molly, that came as an enormous relief. Now a senior, she was counting the days until the end of her sentence at the small, private school. She had transferred at the beginning of her junior year to escape the humiliation hurled at her from the girls in the public school. They were a jealous brood, jealous of the money that she had come from, and jealous of her beauty. Unfortunately, the taunting did not end. Molly had a difficult time fitting in at the new school. The students attending the parochial institution had known each other for most of their lives and did not take kindly to new students trying to break into their circle, especially considerably attractive ones. The boys weren’t a problem, but the girls were another story. Though most were indifferent to her and quietly left her out of the circle with simple coldness, there was one that had taken it upon herself to be Molly’s worst nightmare.
Allison sat at the large, round table, staring at Molly all night. She was more than pleased that her leering had made Molly uncomfortable for most of the evening. Sticking close to Julie, the one and only girl that Molly trusted at the school, she tried to ignore Allison as best she could by dancing the night away.
“You okay?” Julie shouted over the sonic boom of a hip hop song as she moved her body to the cadence of the music.
“Yeah, I’m all right.” Molly shouted back. “She just keeps staring.”
“So, let her stare.”
“Yeah, I guess.” Molly peered around the room. “I feel kinda bad, I haven’t spent any time with Bobby all night.”
“So,” Julie replied, “it’s not like he’s your boyfriend or anything.”
“I know.” Molly sighed.
“My feet are killing me!” Julie announced, twirling one of her strappy, spiked heel clad ankles.
“Mine too!” Molly replied. “Hey, I’m getting’ thirsty. I need a drink.”
“Kay,” Julie shouted, “I’ll be right here. Don’t take too long.”
“I won’t. Be right back.” She flashed her friend a smile and moved toward the long bar, vacant of alcohol, in the posh, rented hall. “Water, please.” She yelled to the young, attractive bar keep.
“Sure thing, sweetheart.” He gave her a wink.
Molly stood there nervously, feeling Allison’s eyes burning her back. The fidgety girl looked absolutely elegant in the long, shiny blue gown that reached her smooth, glimmering shins. The back was cut open with a few straps that ran between her shoulder blades. Her shoulders were left exposed, and the dress wrapped around the front of her to support her well developed breasts, leaving her chest bare. Her golden hair was premed tightly and spilled over her sharp shoulders. At eighteen, Molly could have passed for twenty-two. Her pretty, full face had a maturity about it that the other girls’ lacked. Her eyes were bright and blue and her lips were long and fat. When she smiled, they gave way to an immaculate set of ivory teeth. She was tall, maybe 5’ 7’’, and considered by many of the boys to be the hottest thing going. Her limbs were long and well sculpted as the result of many years of gymnastic meets and competitive cheerleading. A hand on her shoulder startled her.
“Hey, you still mad at me?” It was Samantha, a sixteen year old sophomore girl.
“Sammy, I was never mad at you.”
“Were too!”
“Only because you were mad at me.”
“Well, I had a right to be.” Samantha had held it against her that her senior boyfriend spent a considerable amount of time chatting with Molly on the phone.
“Look, we’re just friends. I don’t even talk to ‘im anymore.”
Samantha sighed. “I know. It was silly of me to get so upset. I am sorry, Molly.” She gave Molly a squeeze.
Apprehensively, Molly squeezed her back. “Kay. Let’s forget about it.”
“Great!”
“Hey you two!” Alyssa, Samantha’s best friend and counterpart came between them. “Glad to see you two are puttin’ your differences aside!”
“Yeah,” Samantha agreed, “It’s about time.”
Molly stood there inspecting the duo. Samantha was as tall as herself, with long light brown hair and a gorgeous pair of brown, almond shaped eyes. Her complexion was slightly Italian, a light olive, and she too had a pretty smile, but much thinner lips than Molly. Alyssa was taller than them both, and had long, natural blonde hair that reached her shoulder blades. Her build was slightly thicker, but she wasn’t chubby. “So, you guys havin’ fun?” Molly asked as the silence became uncomfortable.
“Yeah, it’s great!” Samantha answered. “How ‘bout you?”
“It’s okay.”
“Is Allison givin’ you any ****?” Alyssa asked.
“Not yet.”
“She’s just a jealous bitch anyway.” Samantha offered.
Funny you would think that, Molly thought. “Yeah well, she’s not gettin’ the best of me. I’m gonna have a good time tonight.”
“That ‘a girl!” Alyssa encouraged her.
“Yeah! You go girl!” Samantha said.
“Well, I gotta get back out on the floor. Julie’s waitin’ for me.”
“Kay, see ya!” Samantha told her.
“Bye.” Molly headed for the dance floor.
“Bitch.” Samantha said under her breath. Alyssa giggled.
Samantha’s relation ship with Molly formed out of a mutual interest in gymnastics and cheerleading. The two years between them prevented a serious friendship, but Molly was relieved that there was at least one other girl in the school besides Julie that she could converse with. Then the episode with Samantha’s boyfriend happened, and that was that, at least for a while.
“C’mon. Let’s sit down for a bit.” Said Samantha. Alyssa followed her to a table where Leah, another junior girl on Samantha’s squad, was seated, along with Tara, a pretty, sophisticated blonde thing, and Tara’s best friend, Stacy, who was obsessed with clothing and design. Tara, Stacy, and Leah were all juniors.
“You two talkin’ now?” Tara asked, referring to Molly. Tara was pretty, sassy, and seductive, but could be polite, kind, and sympathetic at times.
“Sort of, I guess.” Samantha admitted.
“I hate that little bitch.” Leah said. Leah was adorable. She was thin with long, curly blonde locks, a cute little face and legs that could compete with the best of them. Her love for attention ignited her hatred of Molly, since she seemed to get so much of it.
“She can be nice sometimes.” Stacy admitted, fiddling with her long, straight, black hair in her thick fingers. Stacy had always struggled with her weight. Though she was not fat, she did not have the slender build like the other girls.
“Yeah. Once in a while, I guess.” Samantha disclosed.


Julie shook her goods on the dance floor, circling the area for her friend. “Where the hell is she?” Julie asked herself. She had hoped Molly had not taken a trip to the bathroom as it was customary that they always accompanied each other as a pair.
“Yo, Jules!” Lisa, a 6’, glamorous senior girl called to her.
“Hey Lis!”
“C’mon over!”
Julie entered a circle of dancing girls, swinging her long, curly, black hair about her plain face while waiting for Molly to return. Molly drank her glass of water then set it down on the table where she and Julie’s belongings were. As she did, she noticed Allison coming toward her. “Great.” She said under her breath.
Allison, an inch or two taller than Molly, slowly traversed over to the table, a smart smirk rippling across her rugged face. Though she was pretty, Allison was an athletic brute. Her appearance tonight, a face full of tasteful make-up and her hair done professionally, Molly had to admit that she looked somewhat glamorous.
“Hey,” Allison let out.
“What?” Molly replied, trying to be straight faced while hiding the contempt in her eyes.
“We need to talk.”
“About what?”
Allison removed her smirk. “Can you just sit down for a minute?”
Molly sighed and complied.
Allison sat across from her. “Look, I know I’ve been givin’ you a lot a **** over the past year and a half, and, well, I just wanted to say I was sorry.”
“Sorry?”
“Yeah, I’ve given you a lot of crap, callin’ you a Barbie doll and everything. It was just sort of, well, an initiation, I guess you could call it.”
Molly said nothing, but looked utterly surprised.
“You seem okay enough.”
“Well, thanks, Allison.” She seemed to disbelieve the girl.
“What’s a matter?”
“Nuthin’. I’m just a little surprised, that’s all.”
Allison drew a lipstick from her purse. “Surprised?”
“Yeah, ya know, I mean, you haven’t exactly shown me much mercy.”
“Yeah?” Allison removed the cap.
“Yeah, I mean, you’ve been pretty relentless.”
“That was nothin’. Wait till you get a load of this!” As she spoke, she pointed the lipstick at Molly, who had become engulfed in a choking, blue mist.
Molly felt like she had been placed on a merry-go-round that had been spun full force, and was now winding down. Her stomach convulsed and she clenched her eyelids tightly. She was on her hands and knees, screaming, “Allison, what’s happening? I’m gonna be sick, what the ****?” It felt like a few long moments had passed until the spinning came to a halt. Still on her hands and knees, she sat back so that her buttocks were resting on her calves. The sound of the music around her was overpowering. Her eyes opened and she took in her surroundings. At first, everything was a blur. As she put her head back and took a deep breath, things began to come into focus.
Above her was the bud of a pink carnation, arced over her and slightly swaying. It seemed too enormous, out of proportion. She followed the thick stem to the top of a clear, crystal vase. Her eyes followed the thin neck of the vase downward. It appeared to be the same vase that had been on the table all night, but now it towered over her. Stunned and confused, she looked ahead of her. A gigantic had with long, slender fingers was placed palm down. The titan fingers began to tap, sending detectable shock waves over the surface upon which she was crouched. Raising her head quickly, she gasped at the sight of Allison’s colossal face hovering above her.
“Hey, little girl!” Allison mocked her.
Molly’s hands cupped her ears to drown out the sound and she shouted. “Allison? What the hell is going on? What have you done to me?”
“I cut you down to size, bitch!”
Molly’s head shook in disbelief. “What? What the hell are you talking about?”
“I shrunk you.” Allison said matter-of-factly. “I always did call you a doll. Now you are one!”
“Allison, no!”
“Oh yes my pretty! Look at you! Why, even Barbie towers over you now, my little, three inch princess!”
“Oh God! No! No! This isn’t happening! It can’t be!”
Allison’s face zeroed in on Molly, growing as it approached. It was close enough for the shrunken girl to feel Allison’s hot breath swarm over her as she spoke. “Oh, believe me darling, it is!”
Frightened, Molly sprung to her feet and turned in the opposite direction. Upon seeing Julie’s larger than life camera on the table and her own, magnified purse, she shuddered in fear. Without thinking, she began to run across the table toward the mountainous objects, stumbling in the high heels on her feet. She stopped for a moment, kicking them of, and began to run again, having no specific destination in mind, but hoping to be detected by another, normal sized human being. She skidded to a stop as Allison’s white palm appeared before her like a wall, fingers curled as if ready to trap her in a fist. “Oh God! No!” Molly cried. The hand did not advance on her, and Molly stood memorized, astonished at the size of the extremity before her. The she felt something sharp against her exposed back.
Allison snapped at the straps on the back of Molly’s dress with the long, sculpted nails of her left thumb and forefinger, and began to elevate the shrunken Molly. The girl gasped as she saw her own feet leave the table. The surface moved further and further away. It felt to her like parasailing, but instead of a gradual incline, she was going straight up. She found herself being dangled in front of Allison’s face, now wide eyed and electric with power. “Hey girlie girl, you don’t think you can actually get away from me now, do ya?”
Molly’s legs kicked in the air. “Allison, please, stop! Put me down!”
“Awe, what’s ‘a matter, little girl?”
“Please, my dress is tearing! Put me down!”
“No biggie. You won’t be needing that dress much longer anyway, ya little cunt!”
“I’ll fall!”
“Oh, don’t worry baby, Allison won’t let little tiny Molly fall down.”
Molly felt Allison’s nails release her and she free fell shortly until smacking down onto something moist and leathery. Landing on her belly, Molly began to push herself up with her palms and froze when she saw Allison’s enormous thumb just in front of her. Spinning around, she saw Allison’s other four fingers spread and bent at the knuckles behind her like a cradle. She realized she was on Allison’s right palm. Getting to her knees, she crouched back down and held her head in her hands, sobbing.
“There, there now Molly, what’s ‘a matter baby?”
“This can’t be happening.” She kept repeating. “It’s not happening!”
“Looks like I got you right where I want you, in the palm of my hand!” Allison let out a devilish chuckle.
Upon hearing those words, Molly’s eyes shot around, glancing in every direction at Allison’s captivating palm, and shrieked, again burying her head in her hands.
“You poor little thing. Must be terrifying to be so tiny, in my hand, helpless. So sad, awe.”
Molly looked to Allison with pleading eyes. “Put me down, Allison, please? Don’t do this to me. I don’t deserve this.”
“Oh yes you do!”
“Damn it, Allison, put me down, now, I mean it!”
“You mean it? But, little Molly, someone might come along and squash you under their foot, and they wouldn’t even know it.”
Molly trembled. Her new insignificance was difficult to comprehend. It seemed like a temporary illusion, not a permanent dilemma. “Allison, you fuckin’ bitch, you put me down right now!” She could not help but think that once she was out of Allison’s palm, everything would be normal again.
“Okay, whatever you say.” Allison’s fingers closed around her prey, concealing her in a fist. She stood and bent to the ground, uncurling her fingers, allowing Molly to drop a short distance to the floor.
Molly, again on her hands and knees, stood up as quickly as she could, then froze. The sight before her was simply devastating. Allison’s feet were before her in a pair of heels that were almost as tall as she was. Everything was magnified to stunning proportions, the silver rings on Allison’s toes, the way the nails had been trimmed professionally and painted with care, the gold straps of the shoes crossing over the leathery, vanilla flesh. Feeling helpless, Molly raised her head and gazed up at the seemingly never ending tower that was Allison’s person. The hem of Allison’s dress swayed slightly like a flag in the breeze. Her head tipped forward to take in the horrified look on the face of the girl at her feet. “Go ahead, smart ass, run.”
Molly turned around and stood awestruck. She could see the teens on the dance floor, a colossal fury of pounding feet in high, sharp spikes, chunky heels, and dress shoes. Even if she ran, she would be pulverized. Surely no one would notice her or hear her pleas above the roar of the music. She glanced around, looking to the nearest tables, praying she’d see someone, a familiar body, a chaperone, a teacher. There was no one. Tears began to slide over her pretty cheeks as she stood perfectly still. Then she saw Allison’s right had advancing on her. Before she could react, the strong, overpowering fingers curled around her and she was raised from the floor.
Allison clutched the girl in her fist, holding her in front of her face. “See, told ya.”
Molly threw her arms over Allison’s forefinger and buried her face in it. “Please, stop. Make it stop. Don’t torture me, please! This is, it can’t be, no!” Raising her head to see if she had willed the giantess out of existence, she broke into tears upon the realization that she was most definitely being held prisoner in Allison’s fist. “Please, Allison, I’m begging you.”
“Yes, you most certainly are. And it’s very becoming of you. I like it. Don’t stop.”
“How could you do this to me? I’m a person, Allison. A person! Not a doll.”
“Oh, but you are a doll now. Molly the Dolly.” Allison laughed.
“Please, don’t.”
“Don’t what, my little dear?”
Molly sniffled. “Don’t tease me.” She struggled with the massive fingers engulfing her. “You’re hurting me!” She squealed.
Allison squeezed her fist a little tighter. “Don’t make me hurt you, little bitch.”
Molly squirmed and pushed at the thick fingers, but it was no use.
“Now, I have some things to attend to, people to see. You wait right here for me. Don’t even think about trying to get away.” Allison placed her hand over a glass containing a half drunken Shirley Temple and loosened her grip on Molly enough for her to slide through the tunnel of her fist.
Molly splashed into the glass, the liquid coming up to her stomach. There were only two ice cubes left floating in the drink, but it was still freezing. “Oh ****, no, Allison, wait, don’t leave me in here! You can’t.” She could barely see Allison disappear into the crowd through the glass. “Oh ****, I’m freezing.” Her body shuttered in convulsive shivers as she tried to compose her self. She took deep slow breaths and wrapped her arms around herself. “****. Gotta get out. ****.”
A thin, red stirring straw rested against the lip of the glass. Molly was about to negotiate it when she saw a figure looming near her. It was Julie. Molly began to pound her fists furiously on the glass and screamed. “Julie, in here, in the glass, help me! Oh God Julie, please see me.”
Julie hovered about momentarily. Molly watched her friend’s giant hand swoop toward the table. It reached for the camera. “Julie, look! Over here! I’m right here, damn it, Julie, help!” She slapped her open palms against the cylinder prison. Julie, with camera in hand, turned away. “No! No, Julie, don’t go!”
Molly imagined her friend peering into the glass and plucking her from it. She imagined how warm and comforting the hand of her best friend would have felt, how secure she would have been, but Julie never even gave her a glance. Molly was now leaning against the glass, crying. “No, no, don’t Julie, don’t go. I’m in here. Oh please somebody help me!”
Knowing her petitions were useless, she waded through the liquid and put her hands around the straw. The ascent was fairly easy. Molly’s body was well developed from tedious work out’s that enabled her to be the number one tumbler on her competitive cheerleading squad. She reached the lip and pulled herself over it, landing with a wet smack on the table. For a moment she stood paralyzed with fear and trembling from the cold drink. With her arms wrapped around her, she approached her own, huge purse, leaving tiny, wet footprints on the table cloth. The purse was relatively close to a chair that was pushed in to the table, and being a girl possessing ingenuity, Molly formed a plan. After a great struggle, she unlatched one side of the purse strap and tossed it over the side of the table. It stretched close enough to the floor that an escape would be almost effortless and fool proof, so long as Allison did not return. She wrung out the bottom of her gown and began to inch her way down the strap, locking onto it with her strong legs. Being wise enough not to look down, she descended the strap rather quickly. When she reached the end of it, she released her grip and fell a short distance to the cold floor, landing on her feet. “Oh ****! ****! What am I gonna do? ****!”
Taking a cautious look around, Molly found that the area between her table and the next was desolate. She stepped out into the open for a moment and looked both ways as if crossing a highway. In one direction was the dance floor, in the other, the bar. Before she could opt for a destination, a colossal figure approached her. Lisa was moving toward the bar. She was barefoot, the long red gown she wore kicked up wildly in the wake of her footsteps. Her gaze was fixed straight ahead, a smile on her face indicating the great time she was having. She never looked down for fear of trampling a class mate.
Molly just stood in her path, jumping, standing on the tips of her toes, flailing her arms, trying to amplify her voice in shrill screams. “Lisa, look down, here on the floor.” Lisa and Molly weren’t the best of friends, but were well acquainted enough that Molly put her trust in the titan teen. Lisa was on top of her in a matter of two, swift steps. Her right foot smacked down to Molly’s immediate left. Molly stood with jaw agape at the site of Lisa’s foot. Her pretty toes were painted a color to match her dress, and a gold anklet jingled at the base of her shin. Molly could smell the mixture of body lotion and perfume as the foot bent up onto its toes and rose from the cold, hard wood floor. The next thing Molly knew, she was swept up in the rushing of Lisa’s gown, pushed forward and knocked down. Lisa’s left heel pounded the planks on the floor, and within a few more steps, she was a distant tower at the bar.
Ignoring the pain in her elbows and forearms created by the fall, Molly stood and trailed the six foot beauty as fast as she could. The girl stood at the bar, her left foot wrapped around the Achilles tendon of her right leg, and pushed against it with her toes, holding up the bottom of the dress with her heel. As Molly drew near her, the sole of Lisa’s foot became more ominous, more threatening. Molly began to call out, but before she reached the giantess, she was gone, off toward the tables with a glass of diet soda.
Reaching the foot rest at the bottom of the bar, Molly put her back against it and stood panting. Though slightly defeated, the freedom she found on the floor was much less a horror than being trapped in Julie’s drink. Her eyes took a survey of the immediate surroundings. To her right, Samantha, Alyssa, and Leah stood laughing at the bar. Leah was still wearing her black, strappy pumps, Samantha and Leah had shed their dress shoes and exchanged them for flip flops. Before, Leah was nothing but a minor nuisance. Now she was a tremendous threat. Molly would not trust her in her diminutive state. But she hoped that if she could summon Samantha, she’d have some hope. She hesitated, trying to rationalize through a storm of desperate thoughts, and her lingering cost her.
She could feel the tremendous presence before her and feared to look, but having no choice, she turned to face an angry captor. She recognized the shoes immediately, and before she could raise her head to give a begging look to Allison, the right shoe rose and its pointy tip collided with her belly, pushing her against the bar and pinning her. Molly gasped, trying to plea with the breath knocked out of her. “Allison, stop. You’re crushing me, You’ll kill me.” Surely Molly figured Allison did not want her dead. That would be murder. But at this point, with the reality of her shrunken state fully settled in, her life seemed insignificant, making death seem a mere consequence to the night’s turn in events. She pushed at the shoe and punched the tips of Allison’s fleshy toes. “Please, please stop. I’ll do anything. Just don’t kill me. I’ll be your doll. Anything you want, damn it, Allison, please!” The bargain seemed worth the preservation of her life.
Allison could not hear the pleas, nor did they matter. Calmly, she snatched the tiny Molly with her thumb over the little girl’s belly and her forefinger pressing into her prisoner’s back, and plucked her from the floor. Carrying her back to the table, Allison dropped Molly into her hand bag where Molly squealed, squirmed and struggled until she had exhausted herself into a barely conscious state. The thunder of speech, laughter and music drifted into nothingness as she gave into shock and passed out.