- Text Size +

Molly”s Worst Nightmare
Chapter Seven
By Masked Writer




Tara pulled her mother”s car into the driveway of Samantha”s home. She sat for a moment, thinking about how to handle the situation. The guilt of not intervening at the sub shop would not release its grip on her. She would make demands. Molly must be handed over to her. The torture must stop. She”s a human being. It all seemed logical, reasonable. Convincing Samantha and Alyssa would take some forcefulness, but she believed it could be done. She hurt for Molly.

Stepping into the mild afternoon gave her confidence. The temperature had risen considerably, unseasonably. Tara took in a breath of the crisp air. She could smell the dead leaves and grass and it reminded her of spring, giving her a sense of renewal. She could do this. She tugged at the bottom of her cream colored sweater, pulling it down over her slightly exposed belly. Her short boots clicked off the walkway to the front door as she strode in her fashionably faded jeans.

It felt like being hit by a car from behind. She landed on her belly against the pavement, gasping and choking. A blue mist dissolved into the air around her. Something was wrong. The pavement looked wider than a four-lane highway. The ground below her vibrated after every dense thud she heard coming from behind. She rolled onto her back and sat up slightly, resting on her elbows. Her jaw dropped and her body went weak as Allison took her final step toward her.

The pointy, silver tips of the enormous black boots threw Tara's reflection back at her. As she craned her neck, she followed them to the place where the frayed jeans covered the boots” ankles. At that point, she threw her head back all the way to see Allison”s face peering down at her, a brazen smile painted across it.

The only strength Tara had left allowed her to let out a scream. Allison”s knees bent and jutted out over her. They spread. A hand descended between them. Tara made no attempt to escape, she just screamed as a finger and thumb pinched at her right ankle. Forcefully, she left the ground, her other three limbs flailing wildly. Allison”s face came into focus upside down.

“They have her, don”t they”“ Allison asked.

Tara could not answer. The fear of plummeting seized her.

Allison let her go. She landed on Allison”s other palm. “Well, they do, don”t they”“

Tara nodded. She did not like the new sound or her voice.

Allison was impressed with Tara”s resolve. She was indeed frightened, but less panicked than Molly had been.

“And the other two, Stacey and Leah, they know, right”“

Tara did not want to implicate anyone else.

“It doesn”t matter if you tell me or not. I know they know. I saw all of you at the sub shop. Stupid girls. I guess I”ll have to act fast.”

“Wait!” Tara shouted, but Allison ignored her and dropped her into one of her deep coat pockets

Allison walked to the driveway, shrunk the car, placed it in her other pocket, and left to complete her mission.






They had left her alone, under a glass on the computer desk. Molly, being resourceful, pushed her body against it until it slid to the edge of the desk. Being careful, she nudged it enough so that a quarter of the lip circled out over the desktop. She sat, swung her legs over the ledge, spun, and fell, catching the ledge with her fingers. First, she reached under the lip with her right hand, then her left, and pulled herself back up onto the desk. Looking around, she found the computer monitor to be blank, but the power light was on. She ran to the mouse, nudged it by putting her foot on it and stretching her leg, and the screen lit back up. Desperately, she scanned Samantha”s buddy list, looking for a familiar screen name. She could find none. Knowing she had no time to waste, pushed the mouse to the first name that was currently on line and clicked on it. She ran to the keyboard, stood on the edge before the space bar and stared at the enormous letters.

“You can do it!” She told herself, and leaned forward to push down the H key.

The bedroom door swung open. “Hey!” Samantha pointed Molly out to Alyssa.

“Uh oh! Somebody”s in trouble.” Alyssa sang, laughing.

“You sneaky little bitch!” Samantha rushed for the desk.

Molly crouched, preparing to be squeezed in Samantha”s fist.

Samantha had a tight grip on her prisoner. She could feel Molly squirming. She opened her palm out flat. Molly was curled up in the center of it, crying.

“You know you”re going to pay for that, you little ****!”









Allison had to work at frightening Tara.

She had been stripped of her clothes, like Molly. A Barbie shirt covered her body, all the way down to her ankles. The arms of the shirt were twice the size of her own. Tara sat curled up on the center of Allison”s hand, trembling uncontrollably. A piece of string was tied around her neck. The other end of it was tied to Allison”s middle finger.

“Now, tell me again, little girl, who else knows”“

Tara fought her tears. “I told you, just me and Stacey and Leah, and the other two! That”s it, I swear!”

Allison tilted her hand a quarter turn. “You sure”“

“Allison, please, don”t kill me! I can help you get her back if that”s what you want! No one will ever tell, I swear!”

The palm turned a little more. “You expect me to believe that bullshit”“

Tara scrambled toward Allison”s thumb, trying to latch onto it. “Allison, stop it!”

“I can”t wait to watch you choke!” Allison turned her palm completely sideways.

Tara had her arms thrown over the soft flesh below Allison”s thumb. She worked her way over to the index finger, wrapping her arms over it and resting her feet on Allison”s ring finger for leverage. “Allison, please don”t. Don”t kill me. Please.”

“This is way too much fun.” Slowly, Allison turned her hand so that her palm was down.

As the hand turned, Tara wrapped her legs around the index finger as well. She clung to it. “I told you everything! I swear!”

Allison held her finger before her face, pointing it straight upward, and stared at the girl clinging to it. “And what were you all planning to do with my little Molly”“

“Just keep her!”

“For what”“

“I don”t know! Sam wanted her. We were all gonna help out taking care of her.”

Allison frowned. “But you weren”t going to turn her over to her family, or the police”“

“No! We weren”t!” Tara rubbed her legs over the finger as if she were trying to climb it.

“Bullshit. I don”t believe you.”

“I swear!”

“We”ll see.”

She placed her finger over the top of her dresser. Tara let go and landed safely on her feet. Allison snipped the string between her finger and Tara, and Tara undid the noose around her neck.

Allison sat on the bed and took out the lipstick. She reached into a drawer in her nightstand and took a plastic bag full of blue power from it. After unscrewing a cap on the bottom of the stick, she filled it with the dust.

She smiled at Tara. “The Bahamas. Amazing. All those little islands, all that voodoo. I”ve had this stuff since my parents took me there in tenth grade. I never thought I”d actually use it on a person though. Oh well.”


Allison took Tara in her fist, dropped her back into her coat pocket, and left the house.








Molly sat with her knees pulled to her chest at the bottom of the wastebasket in Samantha”s room. That was her punishment. It was empty all except for a few tissues and her. Every now and then, the girls would crumple up a piece of notebook paper and shoot baskets at the can. They were mostly missing, but when the scored a hoop, Molly would cringe as the paper boulder bounced off the side of the trash can and land in the bottom of the pit with her. She crawled to the center of it, knelt, put her torso over her knees while covering her head with her arms, and cried.

After an hour or so, she looked up to find Samantha towering over the basket and staring down at her.

Samantha”s hands were on her hips. “You sorry”“

Molly nodded her head quickly and wiped a tear.

“You won”t do it again, will you”“

Her head shook frantically. “No, I won”t.”

“Good girl.” Samantha reached for her prisoner.











Leah stood in a pair of boys” boxers and a tee shirt before the mirror. She had less than forty-five minutes to make it to work. A knock at the door interrupted her. For a moment, she waited for her mother to answer it, but then she remembered her mother had gone out. She turned around and saw her hot tea still steaming on the night stand. “Cool down already.”
She went to the front door. She could see no one through the window, but there was a package placed at the end of the walkway.

“****.”

She ran back to her bedroom, slipped on her beddies, and stepped outside to retrieve the small, gift wrapped box. She squatted down and picked it up. Shaking it, it felt as if nothing were in it at all. She ran back to the house, shivering, and opened the package. It was empty.

“Real funny.” She tossed the box onto the kitchen table. Immediately, she froze upon walking into her bedroom. Allison stood stiff before her, a menacing look on her face. She was holding a lip stick.

Instinctively, Leah reached for the cup of tea on the nightstand as Allison aimed the lipstick at her. Leah screamed and threw the steaming brew into Allison”s face. Allison let out a screech and dropped the lip stick.

Tara dove for it, successfully retrieving it.

Allison, recovering her bearings, shot toward her.

Tara pointed the odd device at the advancing Allison and depressed the button under her thumb.

“No! You don”t know what you”re doing!” Allison screamed, then disappeared.

Leah stood stunned for a moment. She was unsure of what had just happened. Her eyes darted around the room. She detected something small fumbling on the floor. It was Allison.

Allison backed up, crab-walking as one of Tara”s bare feet crushed the carpet before her. “Oh ****.”

Leah”s other foot came down over Allison, pinning her.

She struggled, pushing and slapping at the sole. “Get off of me you stupid bitch!”

“What was that”“ Leah mocked, pressing down harder on Allison.

In the commotion of the assault, Tara was thrown from Allison”s coat pocket, but not before Allison was shrunk. Wrestling with the rope-thick fibers of the carpet, she could make out Allison, still a giantess, but pinned under another enormous foot.

“Oh my God!” Tara pushed her way through the difficult weave. “Leah!” She shouted. “Oh God, she”ll never see me!” She cupped her hands around her mouth. “LEAH!”

Leah removed her foot from Allison. As Allison fought to stand, she was entrapped in Tara”s fist.

“Well, Allison, what have we here”“ Tara asked.

“Let me go! You don”t know how to use that thing!”

“Looks to me like I do.” She laughed.

“Let me go, now!”

“Molly may have been stupid enough to get shrunk by you, but not the rest of us! Man, wait till Sam and the girls see you! You and Molly, together! This is gonna be great!”

Allison continued to struggle, shouting obscenities at her captor.

“What were you gonna do, shrink us too”“

“**** you!”

“How”d you find out we knew about her anyway”“ Leah tightened her fist.

“Let go of me!” Allison squirmed.

“Yeah, sure, I”ll let you go. Right.”

Leah debated on whether or not to call Samantha right away. She figured she”d wait till after her shift at the mall and keep it a surprise. She dropped Allison into a sock, balled it up with another one, and tossed the pair into a drawer.










Alyssa and Samantha watched television stretched out on their stomachs across the bed. Molly stood on Alyssa”s back between her shoulder blades, and ran her fingers through the strands of her blonde hair.

Alyssa turned to Samantha. “This is so great. I love having my hair played with.”

Samantha looked over her shoulder at Molly. “Yeah, I”m sure we”ll find lots of uses for our little doll girl.”












Tara continued her struggle in the carpet. She could not push the weaves apart to make any progress, but she did not give in. The only thing working against her was the guilt she felt for not intervening sooner. She thought that maybe if she had, she would not be in the predicament she was in now.

She could see Leah before the mirror. Every time the girl took a step, it felt like an earthquake. Tara sympathized with Molly now more than ever. She wondered what felt worse, being toyed with and held captive by enemies, or being so small before your best friend that they can”t even see you to rescue you.

Tara had two of the weaves pushed apart. She climbed one of them to get a better view of Leah.

Leah gathered her outfit, threw it on the bed, and sat down. This was Tara”s chance. Leah”s left foot was only an arms-length away from her now, and she leapt from the weave onto the center of Leah”s big toe. The skin felt tough and leathery in spite of how well taken care of it was. Hoping to give Leah a better chance of spotting her, Tara ran to the center of Leah”s red toe nail and jumped up and down.

The world below her shook. She rolled across the toenail and landed in the ditch where Leah”s skin met her nail on the side of her toe. Tara threw her arms over the mound of flesh and hung on with all her might as the foot ascended. It dipped forward, pushing its way through the leg of a nude stocking and taking Tara along with it.

When her leg was fully in the stocking, Leah wriggled her toes. Tara lost her grip and fell into the space between her friend”s big and second toes. She ran to the tips of them, pushing against the stocking, trying to rip her way through it. It was impossible.

She tried agitating the skin on Leah”s toes to get her attention, but when she did, they would reflectively wriggle and almost crush her.

Tara endured the furious motion of Leah getting dressed, but the real torture did not start until Leah put on her strappy heels and began walking. Tara bounced between the toes.









Allison could barely move in the balled up socks. She started wondering about Tara, if she shrunk along with her, if she was still in her pocket. Between the covering of her coat and the socks surrounding her, she thought she would suffocate. She sweated profusely, and the more she tried to fight inside her prison, the worse it got.








In the kitchen, Leah grabbed a piece of fruit. “Hey Mom, when did you get back”

“A little while ago. Are you coming straight home after work”“

“I”ll be home. Can I have the girls over again” Samantha and Alyssa too.”

“Leah, that”s a lot of people.”

“Please, please can I” We”ll all stay in my room tonight.”

“Leah, how are you going to fit all those girls in your room overnight”“ Her mother set her keys down on the table and sat.

“We”ll be able to. Oh, please, it”s Christmas break!”

“Alright, alright, I”m going out tonight anyway. Just keep things under control.”

“I will, I promise!”

“I meant it!”

“I will!”

“Oh ****.” Leah”s mother had knocked her car keys off the table while reaching for a pack of cigarettes. They fell before her daughter”s feet.

Tara covered her ears upon the enormous crash. She could see the shiny objects on the floor before her. She saw her friend”s mother leaning down from the chair to pick them up.

“Help me, over hear, please Mrs. Percy, please!” She threw her body against the mesh at Leah”s toes with all of her weight. Helplessly, she watched as the tree-trunk fingers plucked the keys from the floor.

“I have to get to work, Mom.”

“Be careful driving.” She lit a cigarette.

“I will. It”s okay then right, about the girls”“

“Yes. That”s fine.”

“Awesome!”










At some point during her shift, Leah”s feet began to sweat. It became slippery inside the stocking, more difficult for Tara to position herself in such a way that she would not be thrown about. The heat from Leah”s body overcame her. She panted.

The first time she saw Molly shrunken, it shocked her. Now that she was a victim of the same fate to a greater degree, the ludicrous nature of the situation settled in. She was trapped at the feet of Leah, inside her stockings, too helpless to do anything about it. She felt like an animal, or an insect, left to the mercy of the superior species. Helplessness was something she had never associated with humanity. Now her humanity was gone.