- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I feel like it's a bit too long and drawn out but whatever.

I awoke to the sounds of a distant earth quake rumbling the ground. I sat up in my bed which seemed unusually large. I’d always slept towards the edge of the bed but it didn’t feel as if I had woken up close to the edge. I rolled towards the edge which seemed impossibly far away. I poked my head over the edge and looked down at my phone. When I did something felt very wrong but I wasn’t quite awake to pinpoint what. Things seemed very distant like many meters away. I said to myself that it was only an illusion and reached out for my phone when I realized my arm barely reach over the edge. I sat up and looked around and came to a realization. My bed wasn’t any larger than it usually was; I had shrunk. It wasn’t an earth quake that had woken me up, it was the vibration of my phone.

I was panicking, pacing around wondering what to do and what will happen to me. I looked around me for ways to get down the bed and saw my sheets had drooped over the edge of the bed. I ran as fast as I could to the other side and climbing down the sheets like a rock climber. I rushed over to my phone that was laying down on the floor to check the time. After some thinking I decided to jump on the home button. It pressed in and the screen glowed like a disco floor. I rushed over to the top of the screen to read the time. The screen said 04:17 and I sighed a small sigh of relief. I had almost 3 hours on me to find my way out of this ordeal.

 

I inspected my surroundings and thinking of ideas of what to do. After some thinking I decided that it would be best to let my mom know in some way why I wasn’t in my bedroom. I could write a note somehow or send a text if I can use my phone. But would touch even work? I jumped on the home button again and put my hand on the screen and drag it left to unlock the screen. It didn’t work, my hand was simply not being picked up. My blood started rushing as I didn’t know what I would do. I started frantically looking around and I saw my backpack laying on the floor. I could get a piece of paper and mechanical pencil lead to write something.

I ran to the bag and climbed inside and the smell of foot sweat hit me like a wall. My gym shoes had been left in since P. E. the day before and the stench had spread in the bag. It was so bad I wanted to puke right then and there. But I pushed onward and found an old piece of wrinkly paper many times my size laying there. I ripped off the biggest piece I could carry of it and pulled it outside of the bag and using that as an opportunity to breathe some fresh air. I stood there breathing the stuffy bedroom air for a few minutes and decided it was time I ventured back in. I walked around in the bag like a mouse in a maze searching for my pencil case.

There was old homework, erasers, books and even tissue paper everywhere. After concluding that my pencil case wasn’t in the top half of the bag I looked down into the dark bottom and dreaded what the smell of my shoes was there. I walked further in looking for my pencil case when at the corner of my eye I spot it. It’s far down in the bag right next to the opening of one of my shoes. As I made my way close the stench had grown so bad I was gagging. Now I was standing at a small opening of my pencil case and I peered inside. It was dark but the smell wasn’t as bad inside. I crawled in and found the pencil lead case. I opened it with some force and snapped the end of one of. I rushed out of the bag desperate for air and started wondering how I would even get the message across. But I was certain of one thing; I didn’t want my mom looking for me in this state.

 

After some consideration I decided that putting the note upside down close to my desk would be the best bet at my mom seeing it. I took the pencil lead in one hand and wrote in as big letters as I could. “Went to school early” and put the note on the floor upside down near the desk. I figured that I had some time left to explore of the house before mom would wake up.

 

 

I walked out of my room and into the hallway. The rest of the house was even more impressive than I had anticipated. The living room carpet looked like a jungle and the kitchen was like a wonderland with a near infinite amount of snacks just waiting to be eaten. I started by going over to the kitchen since all that running around had made me hungry. Luckily for me I knew a way into the bottom part of the pantry which had previously been used by mice. There was a small opening in the back left part where the mice had snuck in. I used the same opening and used a fallen over tube of something as a way up.

It was a forest of cans, jars and packets of different foods but I was looking out for one thing only, the box of cereal stored there. I used different boxes and cans to make my way to the top layer of stuff and I walked over to the opened box of cereal. I jumped into the dark hole and landed onto a sea of cereal. I stuffed my face full and ate like a king for several minutes. I was full and I laid there looking up thinking of what to do next. Then I realized that I wouldn’t be able to get out even though the box was almost full.

I was still calm even after this realization when suddenly I hear something. Something real bad, it was my mom and she had just woken up. I swore to myself and buried myself in the cereal. Now it wasn’t mom that I feared, it was my sister. She always had cereal in her yogurt every morning. I heard my mom waking up my sister and looking for me before finding the note. She walked to the shower. Things were quiet again for a few minutes and then I heard mom yelling for my sister and putting breakfast on the table. Suddenly I hear her opening the pantry and feel the box shake as she picks it up and puts it on the table. My adrenaline was pumping as I was in a hurry to dig deeper but I was stuck. There was only a thin layer of cereal between me and the surface of it. I hear mom sitting down at the table and sipping her coffee. The seconds are rolling by at a snails pace as I feel my heart racing. When suddenly I hear thunderous footsteps. Oh god it’s my sister and she’s coming closer. I pray to god that she won’t eat her usual cereal and yogurt this morning. Suddenly she stops and she sits down with force. It makes the table wobble as if there was an earth quake. She starts talking to mom about me and why I wasn’t there but it was hard to hear what they were saying.

Suddenly the box starts shaking and a hand reaches in to correct the bag and it starts tilting. I feel myself moving towards the entrance and I try to go against it but it was for nothing as I fall down into the bowl and a wave of cereal piles onto me. I could still hear them talking when suddenly something lands on top of the pile and it gets really heavy. It was the yogurt and as it was poured on their voices muffle into murmurs. I feel a hard push as the yogurt is being mixed with the cereal. I get drowned in yogurt and I can’t breathe. I can hear her taking spoon fulls of yogurt and cereal and eating them. I feel the yogurt cereal mix shifting around me and I feel the sensation of going up an elevator. I manage to pop my head out and see her talking to mom. She raises me to mouth level and stops for a second, listening to mom and then opening her mouth. I try to scream for help and for her to stop but all I can muster is a faint yelp. Her mouth is covered in yogurt and chewed up cereal. She starts to put the spoon in her mouth and before I know it I’m inside of her mouth. She chews for a second and stops. Suddenly I hear a thundering mhm (yes) to answer one of mom’s questions and I feel how her head tilts back slightly and I feel how I’m getting swallowed down her throat.

The End.