- Text Size +
Story Notes:

First story in my RedCo universe. This one will most likely best explain the basis of the RedCo universe, where the rest might only be based in it. 

 

I post all my stuff on my Deviant Art first so go check that out too :D

https://vexedstories.deviantart.com/

---------------------------------

Author's Chapter Notes:

This first chapter is from the perspective of our tiny protagonist, John.

John awoke to complete darkness surrounding him. This wasn't the sort of darkness a blanket provides after a good night's sleep, this was different. Lying flat on his back in what he can only imagine was a damp room, he struggled to grasp what was going on. 

Beginning to panic, John questioned everything: Had he fallen asleep in a closet? Where was he? The last thing he remembered was the court case... A ticket... Speeding... Was this prison? Beghast, John attempted to sit up to get his bearings. However, his new prison wouldn't allow for such movements as he found himself pulled back down to the floor by elastic ties that he had failed to notice before. What sort of prison tied the person to the floor? And why couldn't he remember much? He clawed at the ties that held him down but they refused to tear, budge or allow any sort of movement. He was truly stuck.

Suddenly the room shook and John felt himself pinned further to the ground by what he could only describe as an increase in gravity. His bondage held firmly in place. With a large thud, John's body was no longer strained by the force. The motion was merely a light sway now, a much preferable but nonetheless vomit inducing motion.

Remaining pinned to the floor of his swaying prison, completely unaware of where he was or how he'd got there, John considered how he got there: It couldn't be linked to the speeding, could it? A low rumble vibrated his entrapment, quaking his entire being. He couldn’t get used to this, the forces exerted on him from the speeding were less than this! A cruelly fitting punishment, he thought. 

After quite some time, John was briefly and rapidly propelled into a vertigo-filled daze as if he had been on the returning boost of a bungee jump. The launch was short lived as he soon found the motion transitioning back into the usual light sway. "This is a sick punishment!" he cried out to the walls around him, hoping someone would come to his rescue. Some sort of jail cell that throws him around, that's what this was! But why? Speeding is surely just a fine. So what had happened to his world?

John had went stationary now. No rumbling, no swaying, no bumps, no noise. He was completely deprived of all sensory input. It was a relief but he could feel his sanity dwindling.

With a sharp rip, the ceiling of John's prison peeled away from above him. Letting in a mind numbingly bright light. Dazed and blind, he tried to comprehend just what the ethereal brightness engulfing him was. As his eyes adjusted, shards of brown began to fall through the light. Blinking hard he opened his eyes to get a look of what on Earth was going on, still panicked and confused. His eyes adjusted to see that the brown shards falling towards him were the strands of hair that surrounded the face of a beautiful woman smiling down at him.