- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I've returned to writing consistently as of late and this story in particular I've wanted to revisit since I enjoyed writing some of the individual characters, and wanted to make a few one-shot spinoffs. Thank you to anyone new who decided to read the story from the start or those who read it back a few years ago. This first vignette features Hazel of chapter's 4 & 5.

Angel’s Dust: Viral

“Ugh.” A somber Hazel groaned from the computer lab of campus. The young woman endlessly clicked away at her YouTube channel statistics, burning the numbers and graphs into her brain. She only picked a dozen new subscribers this month and the viewership was painfully stagnant.

“Purgatory.” She huffed, the worst place for a channel to be. There was one exception, the video last month where she helped that guy across campus. Like many online hits it came out of nowhere and she had no idea it’d go over as well as it did.

It blew all her other uploads out the water and was the first to enter six-digit territory sitting around the 300,000 ballpark in views. The unexpected success set her hopes high that she finally had her breakout upload that would elevate her into becoming a prominent name in the online community.

 Alas it was the dreaded one hit wonder.  Her follow up videos didn’t attract anywhere near the same attention and within a couple of uploads her viewership returned to their usual 5,000 or so views. Not terrible if you’re a casual content creator. But for someone aspiring for a full-time career of this, nothing to write home about.

Continuing her analysis Hazel opened a new tab to catch up on unread comments. While most were tame and supportive, the negative criticisms were the ones her attention honed in on.

“Just what we need, another basic vlogger chick. Hard pass.”

“Fucking hater.” Hazel grumbled; her fingers were raring to go on a tangent typing the most hurtful thing to put that jerk in his place. Halfway through her reply her better judgement kicked in and she deleted her entry. Tempting as it was, indulging the haters would only validate the fact they struck a nerve.

“is she a discount TT?” That comment especially reddened her face. She hastily clicked out of the browser window before she saw anything else that would rile her up.

Such is the life of a vlogger. In such an oversaturated genre standing out from the crowd was tough unless you had something special going for you. Some had a particular gimmick, others possessed a natural charisma, and a few were simply 10 out of 10 gorgeous and that alone compelled people to watch.

Objectively speaking, Hazel fell into a jack of all trades, master of none. She was nice to look at and energetic in front of a camera. However, she wasn’t covering any new ground with video topics that haven’t already been hackneyed to death. Detractors were quick to write her off as another pretty face wanting her 15 minutes of online clout.

Hazel tapped her cheeks a few times. “Perk up girl, the show must go on.” Consistency was key. Sure, things were stagnant now but not uploading would be a death sentence for her channel. Afterall, out of sight, out of mind.

Hazel grabbed her phone and tripod and left the lab to setup for her first ever live stream. She thought it would serve her well to show a more authentic side of herself without the framework of a script.  Plus, she announced ahead of time that it would be a Q&A style format with hopes of encouraging more engagement and it gave her subscribers time to have questions ready in advance.

“Ack!” After cutting the corner to the next hallway Hazel stumbled and dropped her phone after colliding with another student.

“Whoops! Sorry about that!” The girl said barely turning to stop and continued walking along.

“Fuck!” Hazel cursed, she caught enough glimpse of that platinum blonde hair and the shrill voice was unmistakable. Tina, better known as Totally Tina or TT for short boasted a sizeable 250,000 subscriber base and the viewership to match. Her channel was on the fast track and left all her contemporaries who debuted around the same time in the dust, herself included.

Hazel theorized Tina’s popularity was based on the shy girl persona she carried herself with on video. Standing at a meek 5’1 accompanied with a high pitch voice that rarely rose above a whisper in her content, it’d only take a glance at the comments to see her legions of fans gushing over how adorable she was.

Perhaps because Hazel’s demeanor was the polar opposite, she never saw the appeal of what made Tina blow up and not her. Regardless, she knew it would be foolish not to reach out and see if she’d be willing to collaborate with her on a video and harness some of that spotlight.

Not even the nastiest of trolls could have gotten under her skin the way her response did.

“I’m not really interested in collaborating with small channels. Maybe if your channel gets bigger, we can talk. TT~”

“I’ll show you.” Hazel said.

“Here you go.”

Startled, Hazel stepped back at the new face who practically appeared from thin air. What the heck was her deal? Better yet, how did she not notice her until she was inches from her face? And those silvery eyes, it was like she was staring into her soul.

“Yeesh, you surprised me.” She looked down and saw the woman had her phone in hand.

“You dropped this on the ground. See you later Hazel!” The mysterious student went on her way.

“Do I know … you?”  Hazel turned around to peek at the girl again but there wasn’t a trace of her. Thinking nothing further of it she made her way outside and found a nearby grassy spot to set up her equipment. She was pleased to see there were already a handful of people in the stream waiting for the broadcast to start.

“What’s that?” Hazel paused to ponder at the YouTube screen, “GO LARGE”. Where was “Go Live”?

“An update?” Maybe developers were testing a beta version of a new feature. The regular button was gone so it was fair to assume this new one was the replacement. With a tap on the screen a sudden green flash overwhelmed her retinas and a jolt coursed down the length of her spine.

“Whoa!” Was she just electrocuted? She gingerly moved her limbs one by one to ensure everything was in working order. The jolt wasn’t painful, surprisingly after it subsided a tingling pleasure dispersed throughout her body. What was that about? You know what, it didn’t matter. The camera was on and prior doubts were irrelevant, she felt great and the show must go on!

“Hey there Hazelnuts, it’s ya’girl Hazel going live right here on campus!” She waved and shined her perkiest smile.

“Drop in the comments how you’re all doing today and don’t forget I’m accepting all questions you want answered so pull no punches!” She gestured with a fist to her chin.

A few more viewers trickled in and comments populated in the live chat which already set her in a better mood than she was in before.

“Hey Hazel”

“it’s our girl!”

“afternoon!”

“first”

Seconds later the first question appeared.

“Whatever happened to the guy you showed around campus? Was he really that small?”

“Tch, of course.” Hazel repressed the urge to roll her eyes. It was a recurring comment left on the video, that still appeared in her subsequent uploads. She figured the inquiry was bound to show up and she couldn’t backpedal after saying she’d accept all questions.

“I assure you I meant it quite literally when I called him my ‘little’ friend!” Hazel chuckled. “He’s been overwhelmed with how popular the video ended up being and has been super shy with making another appearance. I make sure to tell him about all the positive feedback he receives in the comments.”

Thank goodness she prepared a response ahead of time. She had no idea what happened to him, she hadn’t seen or heard a peep about him since. In hindsight she wished she held onto him for herself as her one-way ticket to stardom. The mileage to harness from interacting with her cute tiny friend was endless and her lightning in a bottle video was proof that the masses would eat it up.

Follow up comments soon appeared.

“tldl it was fake.”

“just tell us how you did the special effects for that video already.”

“lol people still think that crap was real?”

“Idiots.” Hazel muttered in thought. The plain answer was that it was a one-off video that she didn’t expect to blow up the way it did and the barrage of comments questioning its legitimacy took a life of its own. How he became so small was beyond her.

In better news she looked to the number of live viewers that reached over 100 people and still climbing.

“Ah!” Hazel yelped after another jolt coursed through her body. Electrocuted again? Like before, another tingling wave washed over her. However, pleasure was not the only sensation she was experiencing. It took a whole minute for her to pinpoint what was amiss with her body and realized she was staring down at her camera. But the tripod was already adjusted for her height... It wasn’t just that though, everything looked off. Her vantage all around seemed… higher.

Perplexed, the vlogger slouched to view the influx of comments.

“uuuhhh what?”

“WTF!”

“please tell me someone else saw that???”

“did you just grow!!!”

Hazel at first was too baffled to draw any conclusions, but after reading what the viewers were saying the dots were connecting. Higher vantage, everything appearing lower, the comment themselves. Holy crap they were right!

Hazel stood upright and took several paces backwards until she was in full view again and began surveying. The commentors weren’t the only ones in shock. The nearby students who happened to be looking at the time were staring away like she had grown a second head.

While she always welcomed being the center of attention, the wide-eyed stares like she was a freak left her at a loss for words. How could she explain away her growing 6 or so inches out of nowhere to 6’0 tall?

“Well then…” She had to wing it, she couldn’t let dead air ruin the stream footage. “So much for being subtle about my growth spurt. You guys shouldn’t be surprised though, I am a growing channel after all. And you’re all my supporters who helped me reach new heights!” She announced stretching her arms up high.

“If you guys want to see me keep growing, make sure to like and comment!” That was a dud, Hazel thought. It wasn’t as eloquent as she would’ve liked, but it was the best she could improvise on the spot. She watched as more message surfaced and just hoped they would blow over it.

That was far from the case. Hazel covered her mouth to contain her gasp.

“You’re awesome!”

“I love you!”

“Let’s help our girl grow!”

“You’re the best!”

“Keep growing Hazel!” Someone shouted from a yard away.

“Go, Hazel!” Another one added.

Hazel flinched. Her message was obviously meant for the stream viewers. She looked over to where the voices came from… Were they listening to her? Not only were more students gathering at the scene all of them were retrieving their phones and typing away with their lambent green eyes glued to the screen.

She looked back to the broadcast and performed a double take to make sure she wasn’t misreading the numbers. The viewership was surging! It Surpassed 1,000 watchers and the likes on the video weren’t far behind.

Something bizarre was at work here, Hazel was sure of that and frankly she didn’t give a damn. Her face was incapable of stretching further to contain her grin. Whatever was going on it would help her have the stream of her life!

“I’m the best, aren’t I?” She asked, her elation was already building knowing how they’ll respond. Not missing a beat, they were eager to answer.

“Of course, you are! That’s why you’re our girl!” One guy answered.

“Better than the best!” A girl chimed in.

Someone else simply began clapping to start the chain reaction of the others joining in to complete the round of applause.

“You’re amazing!” Someone yelled at the top of their lungs above the clasps of hands.

“You’re all so sweet, thank-” Hazel paused. The tingling came back and was much stronger than before and stole the air straight from her lungs. Then the pleasure set in gifting her body a high that it never experienced. This time she was prepared with full focus as it happened and now had several more students around her for reference. She drunk in every second of them and everything else in her vicinity quasi-shrinking in her presence as she sprouted higher and higher.

Enamored her peers watched with bated breath at the spectacle and gathered closer in quiet support to will on her growth, wondering how high their idol would soar.

“Mmm.” Hazel hummed. “That’s much better. Being tall suits me, doesn’t it?”

“In fact, how tall do you all think I am now?” Hazel took stock of the heights of her onlookers. The tallest of the bunch were at her chest. The average sized students she gauged to be slightly underneath breast level and the shortest no higher than her mid-torso.

Several comments flooded the live stream and the people around her also answered.

“Seven feet!”

“7’0!”

“Our girl is 7’0 tall!”

“Tall Hazel is best Hazel!”

“Seven feet it is then!” She declared. “How’s about we take this show elsewhere!” She announced to her crowd who cheered in support.

Before she got moving, she pointed to a student. “Excuse me, would you be so kind to man the tripod and make sure it stays on me.” She stepped closer sporting a victorious smirk down into the camera. They maybe watching online, but she wanted to capture the essence of her new stature by giving them the impression of having to look up at her and all her glory. “After all, I don’t want any of my little Hazelnuts to miss out on this!”

Post haste the student she singled out hustled behind the tripod and lifted it up making sure the capture stayed on Hazel who was now on the move. Both himself and the rest of her fans followed in pursuit doing their best to keep up with her longer strides.

The sight of the oversized woman strutting forward commanded the attention of everyone she passed. Their heads pivoted as her statuesque body strolled by and a green hue developed in their eyes. Whatever they were doing was dropped without so much as a thought and they melded into the ever-growing crowd.

Hazel stopped in front of one of the largest campus buildings. “For those watching online, here you can see the Multimedia Department where I take most of my classes.” She then centered herself in front of the entrance way to highlight the sheer scale of the structure and more importantly the size differential between herself and the exiting students who froze at the sight of the anomaly before them.

“Not to toot my own horn, but I’m a pretty big deal around these parts!”

Two girls who she shared a class with her wedged their way out of the building, curious as to who or what was causing the jam.

“H-Hazel! Is that you?” One shouted out.

“Y-you’re huge!” The other gasped. Both mystified seeing their peer standing head and shoulders above everyone.

Amused, Hazel looked down to them.  The adoration of the general public was great, but that couldn’t compare to the satisfaction of having peers whom she was acquainted gawking up at her and having to accept her for what she truly was. Better than them.

She stooped down and easily scooped each girl in a crook of her arms with a swipe of her long limbs then reeled them tight to her. Both girls attempted to pull away, but neither were capable of matching her enhanced strength that accompanied her newfound stature.

“I agree, I am a huge deal. I’m a huge deal wherever I go. And you know what else is huge?” Hazel asked them. There struggles lasted a bit longer before settling down. The two women blinked and looked into the other’s emerald eyes.

“The stream!” They answered in unison, looking up to Hazel with toothy smiles.

“That’s right! We’ve hit over 10,000 viewers and if you want that number to keep going up, everyone knows what they must do!”

“Share!” The amassed group shouted.

“Share!”

“Everyone share!”

“Sharing now!”

Like clockwork the comments and chants flooded the environment and chat box. Hazel didn’t need to continue looking at the stream to know it was working. Every new viewer brought forth a new jolt followed by tingles of ecstasy.

A snicker escaped her mouth, oh how often she heard wind of the critics murmuring and laughing behind her back. She should focus on something real. She’s wasting her time with YouTube. She’d never make it, they’d say. Well, who was laughing now? Overjoyed, the growing vlogger looked down her nose at the flock of people. Strangers who she hardly knew and classmates who scoffed at her dreams were now cheering her on. They were her fans now… her Hazelnuts!

“Thank you everyone.” Hazel’s body rose further to the clouds. The onlookers silenced and the chat paused as if bearing witness to a sacred event.

“You really know how to make ya’girl feel 10 feet tall!”

The gathering around her burst into an uproar and the comments resumed at a vigorous pace, prattling on with their nonstop praises. Hazel didn’t need to look down to read what they were saying. It was all the same, they loved her!

“You’re amazing Hazel!”

“We love you!”

“Yas, big queen!”

Admittedly it was odd having all these people revel in her presence. She was always conscientious to maintain a relatable image to her audience. Of course, that didn’t stop detractors from calling her fake or basic any chance they got, but still. Going from a lukewarm reception to them behaving as if she were royalty had her taken aback.

Though on second thought, why wouldn’t they? She was the queen bee and none of them were even taller than her legs!  Giggling to herself she took a moment to bask in their adulation, their hands extended endlessly trying to push past the next person to get close enough to touch her. A bunch of small peasants trying for her acknowledgement.

“How do you deal with being so awesome!!!???” A comment popped in right as Hazel chose to look back at her stream.

She faked a humble gasp. “What can I say, it just comes with the territory when you’re the fastest growing content creator on campus.” She positioned her palms over her heart. “Even so, I still try to make myself accessible to my fans. But some of my Hazelnuts still can’t get enough of ya’girl!”

She turned her head and sauntered over to a plain looking guy who had his head buried in a book and ignoring all the commotion, it only took a handful of her lengthy strides to reach him. The sudden shade that swallowed him drove him to look upward at the mighty woman smirking down at him.

“Don’t you agree?” Hazel asked.

He wondered what the heck she was blathering about until they locked eyes and his pupils assumed a green tint. From apathy to nonplus, his mouth went agape that his existence was being recognized by Hazel, THE Hazel.

“W-w-wow! H-Hazel. I I.. I love you!!” He shouted upwards after a concentrated effort to get the words out.

“Aww, you’re so sweet!” She kissed her own palm before blowing it at him, igniting the jealousy of the other attendees.

OMG, HE’S SO LUCKY”

“WE LOVE YOU TOO HAZEL.”

Their words were practically seeping into her pores and fueling the euphoria in her bloodstream for her next surge of growth. “Mmm, you’re all so good to me! Thank you everyone for helping me come this far!”

Another series of claps commenced like they received a rousing speech and confetti emojis were rampant in the chat in celebration of their 15’ tall queen.

Courtesy of being able to look above everyone else Hazel saw two additional folks rushing their way through the thick of the crowd. One had a microphone in hand with the other close behind with a video camera in tow.

Were they coming to talk to her? Pft. How silly to even ask, of course they were. Look at her! What else was there to talk about? No need to keep the media waiting. Her very steps parted through the denizens she dwarfed, giving them no choice but to get out of the way or be bulldozed over.

The woman with the microphone lost all train of thought as the Amazon approached her. She was momentarily afraid she would be trampled over until the towering woman stopped a few feet away from her. Taking a breath to gather herself she held the device with a trepid arm as high as possible for the star to speak into.

“Hello there, would you like to have a word with me!” Hazel chirped.

“O-of course, you blew up out of nowhere. Your stream has over 100,000 people watching right now. The speed at which your stream garnered these numbers is unprecedented and is still soaring as we speak. You’re reaching the top percentile of the number of live viewers in a stream EVER. Do you have anything to say to this sudden success you’ve found?”

“Ah, in fact I do. I owe it all to the Hazelnuts for supporting me, liking, commenting, and sharing the video. Now there’s only one thing I need you all to do. Subscribe!”

As if her voice had an echo of its own, the word was chanted over and over again by the masses and spammed in the chat.

“Subscribe!”

“Subscribe!”

Subscribe!”

“Subscribe!”

Tina sat for the last half hour in front of her computer screen with a blank word document pulled up that she intended to write a new video script for. Brainstorming was impossible with the nonstop ruckus outside. As far as she knew there wasn’t any special events occurring on campus today, so what was all the racket about? One voice in particular came from a girl who sounded like she was speaking from a megaphone with the way she was shouting above the conglomerate of noise.

Curiosity took a hold of her and she ventured out to see what the fuss was about and her confusion amplified. It was like a concert crowd out here! That wasn’t even the most shocking part, off in the distance the cause for their assembly was crystal clear. Standing in the heart of it was the tallest woman she’d ever seen! What threw her though, the bystanders were all lauding and cheering for her. Were none of them alarmed? She was taller than three people stacked on top of each other!

And her face, Tina was too far away to tell for sure but it looked… familiar. Her short stature helped her sift through the cracks as she navigated the sea of bodies. She watched the massive woman soaking up the spotlight, posing and waving to her fans who were either taking pictures or stood starstruck to be so close in her proximity.

Finally, Hazel turned to Tina’s general direction and the latter squinted to get a better view. Within seconds, as fast as her eyes narrowed, they shot wide open when the epiphany hit her.

“Y-you, I’ve met you.” She mouthed to herself.

The raucous crowd silenced in an instant, leaving a gaping void of silence. All their heads turned towards the newcomer. Tina choked down a swallow at somehow becoming the focal point of their icy focus.

The cohorts who were ahead of her stepped to the way side to create enough space for her to stand directly in front of the woman of the hour herself, Hazel who already had her sights locked on her target.

Somehow Hazel knew she’d show up. Everything prior was a prelude for this very moment. Her presence, popularity, and height were impossible to ignore and now the subject of her envy was here to witness it.

“It sounds like you don’t know who I am. Can you guys please fill her in?”

In perfect harmony both live and in the stream a volcano of unbridled support erupted around the lone girl. The volume of their outcry was deafening, forcing Tina to tuck her head and cover her ears.

“IT’S YA GIRL HAZEL!”

Hazel expanded her lungs with as much air as they could hold and splayed her arms out for this glorious event. The power fueling her body felt like it was being channeled from the sun itself with the radiant yellow star encasing her body in a luminous shine.

Tina slowly looked back up to the chilling visual, Hazel was glowing an ominous shade of green. To top it off… she was growing.

Whereas the stream viewers and live audience were rooting Hazel on as she achieved and surpassed all records of human height known, Tina wondered when the hell it was going to end!

Smaller and smaller the crowd became relative to Hazel. Each passing inch accumulated to passing feet and using humans as a reference point of comparison was impossible. They resembled closer to toys now.

Tina craned her head, taking continuous steps back to keep the increasingly enormous vlogger in full view. Her brain was quickly losing their tethers to reality trying to process the magnitude of her size, leading to clumsy stumbles with each backwards pace. Forget all the adjectives, there was no other word to describe it, Hazel was a freaking giant!

After eternity of ascending to the sky with a horde of her tiny admirers surrounding her, the 50’ tall Hazel stood center of the unyielding rejoice of her supporters. From the depths of her diaphragm, she released the accumulated oxygen to deliver her most powerful message.

“AND SHE’S BIGGER THAN EVER!”  Her voice detonated with the force of a bomb, overpowering all the cheering spectators. The sheer decibel strength for those close by tremored the very ground they stood on and left them scrambling to reclaim their balance before resuming their cheers.

Then there was Tina herself. If her eyeballs could pop out of their sockets and her lower jaw disconnect from her mouth like in cartoons, they would’ve.

“H-Hazel! You’re gigantic!”

The smuggest grin formed on Hazel’s lips as she rested her hands on her hips. Towering over everyone was great and all, but like with her two classmates having Tina at her feet staring up in awe of her trumped it by a long shot. She was right where she wanted her.

“Wow genius, I didn’t notice.” She quipped.

On cue the whole crowd laughed like they heard the funniest punchline ever and the chat filled with “LOL” messages.

Tina’s focus darted all around the mob that encased them. They hung on the giantess’ every word like she was divinity. Why was she the only one reacting with the gravity this deserved?

“What is wrong with you people!” She snapped only then realizing speculation of the brain-dead minions was useless.

Her shouts fell on deaf ears as the laughs continued at her expense until Hazel’s lips parted to speak, then it all ceased.

“Now, now everyone let’s not laugh at her. As hard as it might be to believe, I looked up to Tina.” Two massive steps were all she needed to put her truck sized feet on each side of her puny rival and quake the concrete beneath her. Tina was sweating bullets as the giantess came forward, with the amount of absurdity going on she couldn’t rule out the chance of Hazel squashing her where she stood.

“Figuratively speaking of course.” She added causing an encore of laughter until their idol was poised to speak again.

“After all, there was a time when I was an up-and-coming channel and I reached out to her in hopes of doing a collab with her and well…” Hazel tapped her chin. “I’m a bit faint of memory. Can you please remind me what your response was?” She cupped a hand behind her ear and tilted sideways encouraging Tina to speak up for all to hear.

Tina quivered like a leaf, everyone was dialed in and the looming expectation of the gigantic Hazel weighed on her like gravity. There wasn’t a doubt in her mind that she remembered what the response and only wanted her to repeat it in front of her ravenous cronies.

With a dry gulp the outcast prepared to retell what would surely be an unpopular statement. “I said… I don’t collaborate with small channels.” She quoted.

A series of appalled gasps dispersed through the crowd that transitioned into a chorus of booing.

“What the hell Tina!”

“I knew she was a bitch!”

“Let’s flood her page with dislikes”

“I hope everyone unsubs her page!”

The visual was simply priceless for Hazel watching the girl swiveling her head about like a squirrel. The chastising hushed when she leaned down, eclipsing over Tina’s whole being with her overwhelming body. The frightened gal scurried for somewhere to hide only to be faced with the reminder that she was trapped by the army of Hazelnuts. With nowhere to go her shirt collar was pinched and she looked down in horror as the pavement moved further and further away.

In a frenzy Tina flailed her limbs to break free for a short while which soon faded to her limply dangling when she looked back down to see ground level the equivalent of several building stories down. There was no good option, but she decided the lesser choice of terror was to look at her captor than the peril of a potential free fall.

It wasn’t the better option by much, Tina’s gaze met Hazel’s and the former couldn’t begin fathoming what was going on in her mind. The ecstasy in her expression red flagged Tina that she was probably imagining all the things she could do to her now that she was a doll in her hands. The depth of Hazel’s grudge towards her was beyond Tina’s comprehension, but she found it in herself to ask a question.

“What did you do?” Tina asked.

“What did I do? Hmm!” Hazel hummed, looking upwards as if she were contemplating before returning her sight back to her captive. “I GOT BIG!” She bellowed instantly eliciting a scream from Tina.

“WHO’S THE SMALL CHANNEL NOW!” She boomed, jostling her captive with a couple of up and down twitches of her wrist.

“P-please! Don’t kill me, I’m sorry, I’m sorry! Mmf!” Tina’s pleas were cut short with a log sized finger smushing into her face.

“Ssh!” Hazel hushed.  The remainder of her digits coiled around Tina’s body; leaving her head poking out between the gap of her index finger and palm. It was hardly an improvement for Tina, her fear now transitioning from falling to the likelihood that Hazel may simply squeeze her into paste.

Though Hazel was already aware she was scaring the daylights out of Tina, having her ensnared in her grasp allowed her to feel every motion of her tiny body.

“Oh my god, you’re really shivering!” She cried in delight breaking into a fit of chuckles.

“Get it together girl, at least have some dignity, people are watching.” She laughed. Inadvertently it caused her grasp around Tina to sporadically tighten and loosen. The small girl shrieked in hysteria from the alternating pressure on her body. The perpetual panic was twofold, a cycle of her fearing whether she would be crushed or dropped.

“Phew, sorry about that.” Hazel panted, bringing the girl to the corner of her eyes to wipe with. Tina thrashed and turned her head to no avail as her face was saturated by the salty tears of joy.

Regaining a serious disposition Hazel took a final look at her beaten adversary. Her smile remained the whole time, however it transformed into something far more sinister.

“You’re like all the rest of them… you shat on my dreams. I never understood what made you so special, why did you become the star?” Hazel gave the barest increase of pressure to her grip, enough to make Tina squeal and expel the oxygen out of her. “I was at my wits end, ready to give up and then I realized it today looking at you…” Her tone lowered. “You’re the small one.”

Tina would’ve given a final desperation plea for her safety if she had the breath to do so.

“Is this who you all want as the online face of our campus!” Hazel asked, shooting her hand down with her prisoner for all to see at her lowest point.

“NO!” They exclaimed.

“NEVER!”

“HELL NO!”

“You all deserve more, someone better, someone... BIGGER!” Hazel declared and jerked Tina back up face to face. “And so long as ya’girl Hazel is here… there’s no room for SMALL channels.”

Tina shut her eyes preparing for the worst as the pressure around her body increased again, it would be too easy for Hazel to simply apply maximum force and end it quickly. It will be prolonged and agonizing.  Her mouth opened in a voiceless cry. The only sound primed to come from her was be her bones which were at their breaking point.

Then suddenly the constrictive force stopped. Though still being held up in Hazel’s grip, her body hung as a lifeless ragdoll.

“Today’s your lucky day though, I’D like to give YOU the opportunity to collaborate and become a permanent addition on my channel.” Hazel said “Do you accept?”

Tina was light headed from the mixture of shock and oxygen deprivation, Hazel’s voice barely registered beyond a low rumble. She barely managed to comprehend enough to discern a bargain was being made in exchange for her life. Of course, she’d be foolish to decline.

“…Yes.” Tina croaked in a raspy whimper.

“Thanks… little buddy.” Hazel gloated.

“I feel… funny.” Tina attempted to speak in a last unintelligible squeak.

The Live Stream Has Ended.

 

Epilogue

“Hey everybody, Hazel here!” The jubilant YouTuber greeted with the upmost radiance from her dorm room.

“I’d like to take a moment and welcome all the new subscribers to my channel and give my sincerest gratitude to my long time Hazelnuts for the success of the first live stream that garnered over a million views, and with all your efforts the Hazel Army is strong with over 500,000 subscribers!”

“At this time, I’d also like to introduce the newest addition to the channel.” As she spoke the camera which until that point was focused on Hazel panned down the length of her body until the capture was at ground level a where blonde-haired woman resided flanked on each side by Hazel’s feet.

“Let’s give a special hello to my little buddy TT! Also known as Tiny Tina!”

Tina offered a half-hearted smile and wave to the camera.

“Poor little Tina, always so camera shy.” Hazel’s voice chimed in from far above her head.

“She doesn’t need to worry though; she has all the support of the Hazelnuts and she is going to need it because she has a big challenge on her hands today.” The capture then tilted upwards, starting from what was Tina’s perspective at ground level and having to look up at the imposing colossus before her.

“We’re going to play a childhood classic, a game of tag!” Hazel said, spreading her feet shoulder width apart and hands akimbo to encapsulate the David vs Goliath type atmosphere she was going for.

“And I’m it!”

Tina didn’t listen further and took that as her signal to run. Her best bet to give Hazel the slip was to hide somewhere and her sights went to underneath the bed, where her size would play to her advantage.

Humoring her Hazel watched Tina sprint of her life, letting her gain a sufficient head start to encourage some false hope.

At the halfway mark to her haven, Tina’s blood chilled hearing the dramatic thud of one of Hazel’s steps, already consuming half the distance between them.  The captive willed her body to move faster, but fatigue was already triumphing with her pace taking a plumet.

Another exaggerated thud set Hazel’s foot mere centimeters away from Tina’s body. The power generated from the stomp staggered her into falling and was faced with the realization she could’ve been crushed just now if Hazel really wanted to.

“Uh oh, looks like our Tiny Tina is in trouble!” Hazel announced, lifting her foot again.

“Hazel, stop!” Tina begged, staring at the sole hanging over her body like a guillotine ready to descend.

“Those are your last words?” Hazel snickered. “Suit yourself.” She drove her foot down as hard as she could.

Tina closed her eyes for the worst and didn’t see at the last second Hazel halting her momentum, then simply nudged the girl on the forehead with her toe.

“You’re it!” Hazel chirped.

Tina cracked a single eye open to make sure she was still in this world. Barring the monstrous sole hovering by her face she was okay.

“That was a half decent first take.” Hazel mused out loud and rested her foot over her victim’s body. “I would’ve preferred it if you screamed though.”

Flattened out on the floor Tina haplessly squirmed in her losing effort against a lone foot.

“That tickles.” Hazel giggled and rotated her sole to snuff out the meager resistance and giving Tina a face full of her leathery sole for her troubles.

“Maybe I didn’t scare you enough… we need to do some more takes… Or maybe change the game to hide and seek instead.” Hazel carried on talking to herself still prodding and nudging Tina’s body with her foot until another idea came to mind.

“… I wonder how many people would pay to see this on OnlyFans.”

Chapter End Notes:

Comments and reviews are appreciated.