- Text Size +
Jackie not only gets conformation that her and Marliegh will go a 'date', she also gets to meet another girl similar to her own friend.

-------

Jackie sat alone at home on her looking at her phone. She’d had a wonderful conversation with Marleigh the ride here about her normal, everyday human life in comparison to her own micro one. At the end of the ride, Jackie nervously asked Marleigh if she wanted to talk some more, while they were both relaxed enough. Marleigh agreed and gave her the number to call or text her if Jackie ever needed or wanted to reach her. Now, a few minutes afterwards, Jackie was still nervously shaking up and down as she looked at her phone. Marleigh had told her that she actually didn’t live too far from where Jackie lived so if they ever wanted to meet up, it wouldn’t take long for her to meet her there. Jackie, for a second, opened Marleigh’s name and began hovering over the ‘H’ to start their first conversation as a hello. Jackie soon grabbed a silver coin from her nightstand, letting fate decide for her.

“Heads I send the text. Tails I leave it.” Jackie then put the coin on her thumb and flicked it up as she watched it fly into the air. Truth be told, she didn’t know exactly what she wanted from the coin. She wanted to text Marleigh, get to know her a bit before she asked her to hang out but she also didn’t want to come off as annoying to the human girl. Then, the coin fell on the ground, making a small but noticeable chime as it landed. Jackie stood up to look at the coin at her feet. She smiled as she looked at it. “Heads.” Fate wanted her to text Marleigh so she grabbed her phone and started typing away. She didn’t want to come off too strong or clingy already so she just went with a simple message.

“Hey Marleigh, it’s Jackie, just wanted to let you know I got home safe and I hope you did too.”

After a few seconds of her staring at her own message, Jackie saw the three dots moving back and forth. Marleigh was typing. Jackie blushed as she looked at the message pop up on her phone.

“I’m glad you did!” Jackie read out her answer aloud. “I did too. And I’m really glad you enjoyed the ride. I haven’t been getting that many customers lately.”

Feeling sorry for the latter half of her response, Jackie asked if there was any way she could help. “I don’t think so little one. I’m just going to assume that it was a slow night. Not many people needing to take my services tonight.” Marleigh responded as Jackie soon wanted to ask the question she’d been sort of wanting to.

“Hey so, next time you’re off the whole walking micros around town, you want to hang out sometime?” As Jackie was typing this, she immediately began to think that she’d already began to be too clingy, something that had cost her more than few relationships in high school. But if she already messed up this with Marleigh, she figured she’d have to find another human bus to get home. But she took the chance of Marleigh saying at the least ‘maybe’ to her offer.

After a few agonizing minutes of waiting for Marleigh’s name to appear on her phone, Jackie’s heart started racing as she looked up to see the text she’d been waiting for.

“Yeah Jackie, I’d love to!” Marleigh texted. “I’m taking the day off tomorrow, if you want me to pick you up, we can go get some coffee together.” Jackie grabbed her pillow and screamed into it to avoid waking up her neighbors. Her face began to be red with excitement.

“Well I do have work tomorrow but I get off at three. Do you want to meet me at your normal stop?” Jackie asked after a few minutes of leaving Marleigh on read.

“Yeah, I’ll even get the bus shoes cleaned up for you down there.” Marleigh answered back. After a few seconds, Marleigh sent another text. “Hey, I’m gonna go to sleep, I’ll see you at three though!” Jackie couldn’t agree more as she soon set her phone on her desk and turned off the lights. It was almost two in the morning and she had to be up in about five hours. Things were going to fun at work tomorrow but then afterwards, she got to be with Marleigh the rest of the day. So that was one upside of tomorrow that she had to look forward to.

Several hours later, Jackie, along with her neighbors were awoken by the stampede of humans walking by. A typical morning for Jackie. The fortunate part about living in ‘Micro’s Paradise’ was that no one had to set alarms to wake up. The humans who walked to work or bussed early micros around already did that job pretty well. Jackie, after moving out of her parents house a few months ago had gotten used to it. She got up, yawned and headed to her closet to pick out what she’d be wearing for the day. Her work let everyone dress how they saw fit so she wanted to look presentable not only for the customers who looked at her everyday but also for Marleigh afterwards. Granted she was less than a hundredth of her height, Jackie still wanted to look nice. So she picked out a white blouse, a pair of light blue pants that stopped halfway down to her ankles. Then to complete the outfit, she put on a pair of brown closed toed sandals. She looked in the mirror and smiled as she headed out the door to begin her long walk to work.

She stepped outside and saw the giant humans walk by, close to the micro part of the sidewalk covered by metal plating as well as metal guard rails to prevent any and all animals from getting a free meal. As Jackie walked, she tried to keep her head down as she walked. There were a few trouble makers that tended to hang out and try and rob people in broad daylight while everyone watched. And Jackie wasn’t looking to be the next potential victim of a mugging.

Soon, Jackie made it to the bus stop where Marleigh would normally be. She stepped outside the safety of the sidewalk to see who it was that would be taking Marleigh's spot today. She waited a few minutes before she saw a human girl who seemed to be short by human standards but still collsosal to the micros that were at her feet. Jackie looked up to see the girls face. She had dark black hair as well a lanyard around her neck, a pair jeans that at the bottom of, exposed her white feet that were in a pair of platform sandals, tall enough to still be fashionable but to also let the passengers of hers be able to get inside those shoes. Jackie could even seen the color of her nails, which were white, just like the human girls skin. Jackie’s heart started racing as the girl looked down to her and waved. She then saw the girls shoes lettering on the side. ‘Zavannah’s Smooth Rides’. It reminded Jackie heavily of the letters painted on Marleigh’s shoes.

“Hey little one.” Zavannah called down to Jackie. “Looking for a ride?”

Jackie looked up at the waving giant and screamed as loud as she possibly could to the girl. “No I’m just walking to work! Was curious who was going to be here.” Surprisingly, Zavannah actually heard Jackie’s words which was very rare in humans without the use of a proper device, especially when the micro was literally at the feet of a human. Jackie was amazed.

“Did you need a ride?” She asked Jackie in a sweet voice. “If it’s not too far, I’d be willing to take you there for free.” Truth be told, it wasn’t much further for Jackie, couldn’t have been more than a few more minutes at most but since Zavannah was offering, she said yes.

As soon as Jackie said yes, Zavannah bent over to reach for the tiny girl, her hand extended outwards for a way for Jackie to hop on. Jackie assumed that the ride she was offering would be the usual ride a micro would ride on a human. Under their feet but Zavannah had another idea. “Come on little one. I know it’s not like the other human-micro transports but why not try something new?” Zavannah said as she watched Jackie slowly climb onto her hand. Zavannah tried to make her friend’s accent skywards while she was in her hand but for as much as she tried, Jackie was still caught off guard by the sudden elevation.

After a few seconds, Jackie reached Zavannah’s face and it stunning to say the least. Jackie blushed as she looked at her, not saying anything at all as looked at her colossal smile that was sweet and genuine. “So little one. Where to? Where do you work?” Zavannah noticed how the micro women dressed, raising an eyebrow at her fashion sense as well as her name tag that showed off her name but where she worked at as well. Jackie was soon looking directly at the massive girls eye which had a sweet autumn brown to it. “You work at that fashion store down the street don’t you? My friend Jason used to work there a few months ago. Yeah I can take you there.” And just like that, Jackie got her second free ride she’s had in the past two day. She felt kind of proud and important to be offered free rides like she was part of some noble tribe of micros that even humans felt obligated to give free rides to her. But she knew that it was just them being nice to her. The fantasy remained either way.

----------

Thank you so much for reading, I'm having a ton of fun writing this series so I hope you guys are enjoying this as well. I was thinking of expanding this world into a bigger series, like a sort of anthology series. What do you guys think? How should I take it? The scenarios present?