- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I'm starting to think I talk too much in these notes. I'll work on that. 

The Subjugation of Rembrandt Logan Chapter 8: Taken Away


In her eyes she saw defiance. In her smile she saw arrogance. Her scar was warning, a lesson learned and taught as well.


Rachielle swung her open palm in a wide arc. It hit fast with a glancing blow that stung her palm and left the girl’s cheek red and swollen.


“Rachielle stop!”


She held Rembrandt close to her. She pressed his head against her thigh so he wouldn’t have  to see this. He didn’t understand how dynamics worked between her kind. He cared too much, even about a girl who had been sexually assaulting everyday for over a week. She couldn’t let such flagrant debasement of her property go unpunished. She had to make an example.


Moisture hit her cheek. It slid down to her lips and she touched it with her finger. It came back red.


The girl laughed at her as the same scarlet color ran down the corner of her lip to her chin.


Rachielle’s knuckles popped on her free hand as she formed a fist. She breathed in.


Control.


Her captor was defenseless. She could do nothing in the expertly trained hold of her aid Bertram. He was ex-navy not that it mattered much, his size alone outmatched both of them. She flailed. He just tightened his restraint on her arm, forcing her back onto a knee. Even with her other arm free she could do nothing. Her friend was unconscious.


“How does it feel?” Rachielle asked. “Being powerless, helpless, at the mercy of another?”


No response.


“This is how they feel every minute of everyday.” She continued. “How he feels when you force your disgusting hands upon him!”


“That why he’s so scared of you?” She grinned at her. Insufferable.


Control.


“Christian Hudson.” Rachielle addressed.


“That’s Crystal!” She corrected.


“Christian.” Rachielle touched her cheek with her blood stained finger. “Bertram could break your arm if he wanted to.”


She continued to struggle daring him to cause a fracture.


“But I don’t need that.” Rachielle snapped her finger. Bertram released her.


Before “Crystal” could even get her footing Rachielle pressed her closed fist into the right side of her temple. The girl collapsed onto the ground.


“Rachielle!” Rembrandt cried.


“Quiet!” Rachielle snapped at him. She cupped her mouth. “Sorry, babe! I-I didn’t mean to yell.”


“She’s fine.” Rachielle assured. “Trust me we’re more than capable of taking a punch.”


Almost to prove her point Crystal was already on her feet and seething with hate. Her face was wrinkled and contorted in a har glare. Her scar even seemed to redden and contrast brightly against her dark skin. She was livid.


The girl tried to charge her but Bertram wouldn’t allow the chance of harm to befall his mistress. She was retrained abruptly.


‘I’m taking Rembrandt back.” Rachielle said. “You won’t see him again.”


“He’s mine!” Crystal roared.


“I have been very generous with you today.” Rachielle said calmly. “Take this opportunity and move on.”


Rachielle walked away with Rembrandt in her arms. “I’m happy to have you back.”


She smiled at him as she exited the stairwell. “Things will be different this time. I promise.”


 


 


The ride was a silent one. There was tension between them that could be felt without speaking. Rembrandt refused to be held after he’d entered the backseat. He sat across from her instead of sharing the seat Rachielle chose and she was at least respectful enough not to force him. For now.


“I’m sorry.” She said breaking the silence.


Rembrandt chose to look out the window and observe the parallax of houses and building pass by in the afternoon traffic of their commute.


“I know you don’t believe it right now, but I have changed.”


“Funny.” Rembrandt muttered. His mind still flashed visions of Crystal’s bloodied face, her helpless thrashing. “You seem exactly the same to me.”


Rachielle swallowed. “She’s lucky I showed such restraint. I did that for you.”  


“You didn’t have to hurt Crystal!”


“Christian Hudson, was lying to you.” Rachielle informed. “She’s a criminal.”


“You looked her up.” Rembrandt huffed. “Why am I not surprised.”


“Christian Hudson was arrested two years ago for burglary and attempted kidnapping of a minor.”


“What?”


“She was lying and manipulating you, using you.” Rachielle said. “It’s best to distance yourself from her.”


“You’re one to talk.” Rembrandt said. “I often think the very same about you.”


Rachielle flinched. A dark thought passed through her mind. He was open, easy to take, dominate. It would be child’s play. She just had to reach out to him and change his-. She stopped herself.


“Control.” She whispered to herself.


 


 


They didn’t head to his apartment. Of course they didn’t. Instead Bertram pulled up to Rachielle’s personal condominium. He’s been there before. It was four stories tall located near the beach in an exclusive community called Pelican Shoals. It was right next to the water so she could have easy access to her yacht.


He refused to be carried to the top floor and walked. This quickly became a hardship as she chose to take the stairs just to spite him. He had to pause mid-flight to catch his breath. Rachielle was happy to stand and wait arms open. Rembrandt pushed past her. He wouldn’t be taken care of. He reminded himself he wasn’t here by choice.


When they finally reached her front door his chest was burning, but he was still standing.


“Bertram have a bath started.” Rachielle ordered.


“At once.” Her aid said before darting off to follow orders.


She took his hand. Held it tight.


“Come with me.”



They looked over the expanse of Pelican Shoals from Rachielle’s veranda. They could see children playing in one of the pools or her property. She subleased the lower levels as one of her many fledgling business ventures.


“I want to share this with you.” Rachielle said. “I want to share everything I have for as long as you can have it.”


He’d heard this before. When she’d proposed.


“Why won’t you let me share it with you?” She bent down and put her hands on his shoulders. Her fingers were strong and slender. Her grip was tight. He felt a jolt of fear as he recalled what they were capable of. They shook. She was trembling.


Her golden hair cascaded down in front of her face. Her lips were quivering. She kissed him.


“Please let me share it with you?” She asked with a tear stained face.


 


 



“Ow.” Junie said as her boyfriend tended to the growing bump or her forehead.

“I swear I’ll kill whoever-”


“Calm down.” Junie said. “It’s just a bump.”


“No he’s right!” Crystal snapped. “We need to kill that bitch!”


“You see the size of that butler dude?” Junie asked. “Frikken huge! Good luck with that.”


“I don’t fucking care!” Crystal yelled. She punched a hole in the wall as her only outlet for rage. “She took something from me and I want it back.”


“Is it even worth it?” Junie asked.


Crystal turned at her all anger. Mori stepped between them to protect his girl.


“Rembrandt gives a good bj, but he clearly has baggage.” Junie said pushing her boyfriend aside. “You can always find another boytoy.”


Crystal grit her teeth. “It’s worth it.” She growled.


...


“Well okay then!” Junie chirped. “Where do we start!?”


“I-I don’t know.” Crystal admitted. “I don’t know anything about that bitch except her name is Rachielle Wanstone.”


“The Rachielle Wanstone?” Junie asked.


“I guess?” Crystal shrugged. “She famous or something?”


“Or something!” Junie smiled.


 


 



“You cut your hair.” Rachielle said as she massaged soapy fingers through Rembrandt’s dark follicles. “You should grow it out again. I thought it was cute.”


“Well I thought it was girly.” Rembrandt replied. They were both naked in Rachielle’s bathroom. “Bathhouse” was more accurate. The room was huge and it seemed impossible to exist on the top floor of a building. The bath alone was the size of a pool and built from smooth cobblestone. The shallow end was deep enough that he had to stand even as Rachielle sat down with her legs wrapped around either side of him. She took a wooden bucket of warm water and dumped it on his head to rinse.


“This is nice.” she said. “I missed this. I missed you.”


“Will you stop!” Rembrandt squealed. His outburst caused water to splash about some hitting Rachielle in the face. “You can’t pretend like nothing happened. We can’t just go back to normal like you didn’t-..like you didn’t.”


Rachielle touched his side. Right underneath his left rib cage. “Does it still hurt?” She rubbed it gently in a circular motion with her index and middle fingers.


“No.” Rembrandt lied.


She squeezed and he flinched.


“It will serve as a reminder….for both of us.” Rachielle whispered into his ear. “Don’t run away from me again.”


He shivered.


“None of that now.” Rachielle cooed into his ear. “I’m not trying to scare you.”


She bit his ear. “In fact I want you to feel good.”


“Rachielle.” Rembrandt whined. She knew his weak spots.


“That barbarian had her hands all over you.” She teased his neck with circular movements with her tongue. “Defiled you.”


She pushed her breasts into his back. He could feel her against him. Her growing intent becoming aware.


“Do you remember my touch?” She breathed into him. “My desire?”


“N-no.” Rembrandt whimpered.


“Then let me remind you.”


 

Chapter End Notes:

...

See you next chapter.