- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Enjoy a story where a large family meets a small son.

 

Author's Chapter Notes:

The boy finally meets his mother! 

 

A family of twenty daughters goes through a tragic experience when the father passes away due to a car crash. This leaves the family helpless with finances and renders them unable to continue on in their current home. They lose their house and they lost a father.

The mother of the family is pregnant with the first boy of the family. The family is thrilled to meet the baby when he comes out. Although, there were difficulties in identifying the fetus. In that, the doctors had a difficult time in even finding the fetus. They found the fetus, however, they discovered that the fetus turned out to be really small for its current time in the womb. They had a very hard time determining its status. They concluded that the baby was experiencing defects in growth and would be in the womb a little longer than nine months. They estimated eleven months inexact.

The family was so confused about the news and the condition. They took their doctor’s word for it and did not question the pregnancy’s validity. Yet, they were skeptical whether the baby would survive the pregnancy since it was underdeveloped. So, they waited until the moment it was officially at a stable growth rate.

Stunningly enough, the mother experienced no major symptoms that identified pregnancy, yet she did experience some. Enough to still consider the pregnancy valid.

 

So they waited…

 

Surprisingly, the pregnancy lasted less than what they predetermined. In fact; the baby was due earlier than nine months. They executed a surgery on her womb since the baby was not growing and was presumed not living anymore, they assumed that since the baby was not growing anymore then it had to have passed away.

When they took the presumed dead baby they were completely thrown off and did not know how to make sense of what they delivered. The baby was indeed alive, however, one clear defect was prominent throughout the whole procedure. It, the baby, was no smaller than a small pee. Every doctor in the room was observing the baby with shocked expressions. No one in this room would have suspected something like this to be born.

“Where’s my baby?” The mother said.

They all looked at her with nervous and sad expressions. She looked back at them all.

She then said, “What? Where… is my baby?” The doctor who was holding the baby on his finger held the baby to the mother. She looked at it. She froze with utter confusion and shock.

“What?” She said looking at the doctors. “What is this… some kind of joke?”

The head surgeon spoke up. “No, ma’am… that is your son… that is your newborn baby boy?”

She looked back at the man’s finger where her new son was laying on. She welled up… she smiled. Tears were coming out as she was filled with love and did not know what to do.

She then asked, “Can I hold him?”

One of the female nurses started to say, “I don’t know if that’s a good idea…”

The head surgeon interrupted her. “Of course, just heed my warning, he is very small and delicate.”

The mother then asked, “How do I hold him?”

He then said, "we’ll place him on a cotton ball and hand him to you that way, ok?”

She responded, “ok.”

The doctor who was holding the baby was given a cotton ball. He then gently placed the cotton the baby then tilt the baby against the cotton ball so the baby was on the cotton ball without falling onto the cotton ball. He says, “I just don’t want him to fall.” He then lets his finger off of the baby and lets him go. He sprawls out on the cotton ball on his side. He very carefully hands the cotton ball to the mother and she takes it eagerly yet very cautioned. She brings the cotton ball to her left eye from her right hand.

She whispered, “Hello… you’re so tiny… I love you already.” She began to cry as she realized the life he was going to live. The agony of life this way would be horrendous on a human being. He would not know the difference… the joy of living normally. As if that were true in reality. She promised herself she would protect him whatever the cost. He was so vulnerable that she had to make these choices. Especially since her daughters are going to be super excited to see they have a new brother and will be taken away for what has become of their first brother.

Rules are going to be placed and are going to be hard to enforce since he is helpless to everyone he meets. His life will have to be constantly guarded. This may become a burden later on but it has to be. My daughters must accept my terms, they just must…

 

 

The mother was brought to doctors office without her son. One of the female nurses offered to hold onto him when she was there. She was hesitant but she complied since she needed to discuss some details about her baby’s birth. She sat down on the office chair in front of the desk.

A doctor was at the other end of the desk. He looked stressed out and ready to talk. “I am so sorry about your son. The team was not expecting…”

She interrupted, “Your team handled my son very well doctor, I could not be more grateful for my son's deliverance by them. He is a gift!”

He then said, “So, I’m guessing you want him?”

She says whimsically, “Yes! Of course! What else would happen?”

He then explained, “Well… if you happened to not want him we would have offered if you to give him to our science team. To study his condition. He is a marvel in anatomy and biology. We are still going to ask you if you would be interested in this…?”

She looked horrified by the offer. “I am not going to let my son become a test rat for your plight… especially at such a young age, I mean dear God! I would not even dare send him off like that unless he wanted to himself! If anything I would send him up for adoption. I do not accept your offer.”

He then said, “Just hear this out… *she glares at him* … we did not expect you to give him up at this age but we considered that we could start at the age of eight, or even nine. We need to look at this so we know what to do next time this happens.”

She looks at him pissed off. “I will not! Your team did exceptionally well and that is all they need to do next time. If this happens again at all! He gets to decide when he is old enough to make the decision on his own. And… if I agree to this… you’ll want more time, and more privilege and more. I would not get out of it if I agree… so. I refuse and I want to go home and introduce him to my children. My twenty daughters who are stoked to have a brother now.”

He looked down. “I understand… your check-ups will be monthly and will be on Mondays the first of the month. I’m sorry I offered. You can pay the bill and then head off.” She shook her head and huffed out of her mouth. She signed the papers regarding typical pregnancy and paid the bill. It was painful and took a chunk. But now she had a son, who… was tiny. The girls are going to be so excited about their new brother.

The mother walked over to the blonde nurse who was holding her son and a small wedding ring like a box.

“What is that?” She said.

She looked up at her, “Well you probably do not want to hold him while driving, so… I put the cotton ball where he is on and put him in there. Don’t worry it is incredibly safe.” The mother was intrigued and took the box. She looked down at her baby sitting on his back sprawled asleep. She touched her hand to her bosom.

“How am I going to breastfeed you?” She says.



 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed the beginning!