- Text Size +

"Hey, Doc! Something must be off with your arms; they can't seem to hit me!" Spiderman teased before leaping from the towards the adjacent one. A split second after, two metallic, tentacle-like arms struck into the abandoned spot, narrowly missing our hero. 

"Hold still, you insect!" Cried Doctor Octavius as he already extended out another arm in hopes of snagging the web-slinger. 

It was mere chance that Peter Parker just so happened to be walking by the abandoned warehouse when his Spidey Sense kicked in. So, after throwing away hopes for a peaceful evening, he dawned his costume and lurked inside to investigate. There Peter found the infamous Doctor Octopus, working away on a mechanical device in the shape of a cannon. It was probably some "Death Ray" he was going to use on some bank or place that attracted villainous attention. But what it was for was the last thing on Spiderman's mind; finding the constant swings and thrusts of his opponent's mechanical arms a far more pressing concern. He knew he couldn't keep it up much longer and needed to end this fight fast. 
Finally, his chance came, as the Doctor unleashed all four arms towards the acrobatic hero. Spiderman flung above them onto the ceiling before taking careful aim with his web-shooters. "Ew, you got a little something on your face!" Taunted the web-slinging hero as he unleashed a web onto the unprotected head. As Doc Ock struggled to remove the sticky web, blinded by it, Spiderman delivered a kick to the temple, knocking the Doc out cold. 

Spiderman finished stringing up the unconscious villain just outside the window, and already people were gathering to see Spiderman's newest catch. While the authorities were being alerted, Peter decided to see just what Doc Ock was up to and wandered over to his "Death Ray" machine. It turns out it wasn't a weapon of mass destruction at all. Based on the notes Peter looked through and designs, this machine was for something else entirely, "Pym Particles" mentioned a few times. He would find out what the purpose of the machine was for when a miss-clicked button sent the device whizzing to life. A second later, Spiderman was thrown towards the wall, smashing into concrete with a blast to his chest. As he sat there slumped and dizzy, he began to feel his body tingle, and his mind becoming hazy. He could swear it looked as if the world around him was growing. Well, after his vision focused once more, he would see it wasn't some trippy effect. The world was indeed growing, or in better terms, Spiderman was shrinking. He lept to his feet, watching as the equipment and storage around him expanded in all directions.

Further, he dwindled to the floor, down to a foot, followed by six inches, an inch, his world spinning the smaller he shrank! It all happened so fast, but eventually, he felt the tingle drift away and his perspective level off. Shock gripped him as he looked around, realising that based on the size of everything around him, he must have been at most centimetre tall. 
Our minute hero looked at his surroundings mind-boggled just from the perspective of things from such a tiny size. "Wow, now I know how Ant-Man feels..." A lightbulb went off in his head; if anyone could help him get back to normal size, it's got to be that particularly small hero. Just a quick call to Mr Stark and he should be on his way back to the land of averagely sized adults. Or at least he thought, pulling out his phone he found that he wasn't getting any signal. "Great, I'm spider size and my phone doesn't work; minimal problems, right?" He shot a web up to the windowsill and pulled himself up, taking a look outside to the much bigger world. Manhattan was always a big city but now? The gaps between buildings looked to be football fields apart, and if they were tall before, they were practically mountains now. "Okay Spidey, you're a centimetre tall superhero, and you need to call Mr Stark for help. You have another phone at home which is a few blocks away, but at this size, it may as well be on the other side of the island and you're running low on webs." He sighed to himself but seeing no other option. "Well, I'm not gonna get any growth spurts hanging around here!" He said before leaping off the ledge.

He was swinging around the city no more the size than an insect, facing all these new challenges. Usually, he would move from building to building but now that they were too far apart, he was forced to swing off of anything he could land a shot of his web on. He would attach himself to a clothesline to turn himself around the side of a building, seeing as swinging overtop of them was now out of the question, thankfully this was a particularly patriotic building hosting a row of flags along the side, which he used to monkey bar across swing after swing. After that, things became more tricky. He had to launch himself up high just so his fall would get him close enough to latch onto a street lamp over traffic and rocket upwards again to the next building, narrowly missing a bus in the process. The disturbing image ran through his mind had he of failed, winding up as a splattered bug-sized mess on the windshields, before being wiped off with the blades. "Gross..." Was all that came to mind before quickly chasing the thought away and replacing it with the task at hand. After using the tail of a resting cat on a ledge as a point to fling himself across a building, he finally saw home in his view. His bedroom window was just ahead, but still, it would take over a dozen swings to get there and some inventive methods to attach those swings, but he was running out of webbing. Off of a brick building, under a traffic light, around a lamp post, and finally leaf after leaf along Aunt May's ferns she left hanging outside of the kitchen window. With just one more shot, he launched himself through his open window and fell into the massive world of his bedroom. 

Having overshot that final swing, his decent had him rolling off his bed and flipping onto his hardwood floor. "No biggy, just need to get up to my desk, get my phone and..." *Boom BOOM* "Peter!" Called the now thundering voice of Aunt May. The ground shook followed with a booming blast of her footfalls growing only louder as she approached. Peter turned around to face his door, just as the loud sound of the doorknob turning signalled his Aunt's arrival. There in the doorway stood the colossal Aunt May, wearing a tank top and a pair of leggings. Her dark brown hair done in a ponytail and her eyes were scanning the room to find it empty. She looked like she had just come home from one of her jogs, patches of sweat visible on her skin and clothes. "Huh, thought he would be home by now." She commented before something caught her eyes, leading her to stepped into the room. The ground violently shook under Peter's feet, watching his mile tall Aunt walk directly towards him but with her attention elsewhere. He had never seen a creature so massive, her mere steps turning his world chaotic as the rumbling made his legs difficult to find balance. Her bare feet were smashing into the floor with destructive force and looking larger and larger the closer they came. That's when Peter realised he had better get moving, wasting any more time down here would have him and the bottom of his Aunt's foot far too acquainted than he would care to be. He aimed his hand to his chair, squeezing the trigger to shoot out a rope of web. However, what came out was thin and weak, faltering not even halfway to its target before softly drifting to the floor. "Not the best time to be firing blanks here!" He exclaimed until he found himself caught in a shadow. 

He looked upward to no longer see Aunt May but instead the long and wide underside of her wrinkled bare foot. Time seemed to slow itself as the impossibly large mass of his dear Aunt's foot hanged overhead. Eventually, it came down closer to the awestruck hero; time still appearing to go by in slow-motion. The smell of her sweat grew as it approached the floor and Peter couldn't think of anything else he could do but run as for his life, screaming. "AUNT MAY! DOWN HERE! NOOO!" But there was no point, he was far too small to outrun such a large foot, and his voice was too weak to carry itself to her ears that were so close, yet so far. But still, he ran, feeling the heat of her sole grow close as the underside now acted as a ceiling, impairing his vision overhead. Closer it came until finally, Peter felt it's weight force him onto his back and watch as his loving Aunt's sole unknowingly trapped him under its heavy mass. Pinned between his aunt's soft foot and the hardwood floor, Peter couldn't move an inch and felt his body slowly compressed into the sweaty flesh of the sole. His eyes stung as the salty liquid drenched his mask and the smell and taste violated all the other senses. All he could feel was her warmth absorb into his frail boy, digging in the reality of just how weak he had become. He was a hero, a prospect for the Avengers, earth's mightiest heroes,  and here he was, trapped under his middle-aged Aunt's foot. The kindest and most loving woman he ever knew but now she held his life under her mighty foot. Finally, Aunt May began to roll her foot forward to continue her walk, unknowingly bringing doom upon her nephew. Peter could feel the weight come down, building in his legs, feeling the agonising pain of his bones crushed into dust as the sensation raced up to his torso in a split second, flattening his rips and squshing his organs. It all happened fast at least, the foot finishing its stride and leaving Spiderman to his fate. Not to be ended by one of his many villains while in defence of his city but as nothing more than a speck-sized red stain on his Aunt's sole, who was merely taking a short stroll to her nephew's desk.

Aunt May reached out to grab the Pepsi can from the desktop, having then suddenly felt something pop under her foot. She lifted her leg and traced her eyes over her sole to find the tiny smear of some unfortunate creature. "Ugh... Peter!" She called out disgruntedly. "This is why I don't want you leaving food in your room. It attracts ants!" She lowered her foot back to the floor and disposed of the can in the trash bin. She didn't bother to clean off the bugs remains; she was heading to take a shower anyway. And the warm soapy water would be enough to wash away such an insignificant mess and carry it to the cities sewage.