- Text Size +

Kayla-Ch08-Banner

VIII

The sound of a car door being slammed echoed through the shrub land. Damien examined his car for any sort of damage.


“Alright so… we should be back by tomorrow morning,” Jonathan yelled at an attentive Kayla, bent over to her side so that she might hear him. Her large braids surrounded the group, like a multitude of giant anacondas and a constant reminder of their disproportionate situation. “Are you sure you’re going to be OK, staying here?” He asked her. 


“I’ll keep myself occupied. Don’t you worry!” Her voice echoed. “I’ll try and take the night to relax and calm down. You know… contain the beast.”


Damien had just finished packing the trunk with bags. “It’s time Jon. Let’s go while we’re still able to stay awake.”


The night was pitch-black. Whatever phase the Moon was on was hidden by thick clouds. Only a soft yellow light filtered out of the house’s windows, giving off the impression of a warm welcoming interior. The car engine roared. Both men waved at her and, just like that, they were off. Jon looked in his mirror, but couldn’t see her amidst the blanket of dark ink blotting the night. Still, he could feel there was an unmistakable presence. The idea that a person so big could be invisible chilled him. A roaring mass just out of view with the power to end lives should it want. 


The eve pressed on. White bands on the road blinked in and out of view as the car sped along. Damien was the first to break the silence.


“How long do we have until the closest market?”


Jonathan was visibly pondering. “About two hours. Nothing is open now except for a place I know, a bit farther out.” Damien fought to keep his eyes open. “We’ll stock up on food. Just for us,” continued Jonathan.


“Nothing for her?” questioned Damien.


“No. You haven’t been here long enough yet, but I’ve noticed she hasn’t eaten in more than twenty-four hours,” said Jonathan. Damien rubbed his neck, incredulous. “I get you,” he continued, “it’s all so strange. But I wonder now: you’re certain the agency will be able to provide?”


“Yeah, definitely.” Damien shifted in his seat, suddenly awakened by the idea of talking about something he knew. “The people I know there are quite friendly. I think the problem is more about if Kayla will accept the oversight. She seems very… taken… by the idea of her dominance.”


Jonathan pondered Damien’s last words. There was still the matter of what happened to them as Kayla grew, the sort of rapture that lifted their minds away into a carnal world they dare not imagine, and the bliss that followed as they abandoned all reason.


The road stretched onward, the two front lights of the car cut through the night like a blazing meteor.


* * * * *


“Maybe this way…” thought Kayla. She kept shifting. One moment, it was a bump in the soil that dug through her ribcage; another time, it was her arm falling asleep from the dead trunk of a tree applying pressure on a specific point, cutting her blood flow. The ground trembled as she shifted anew, increasingly annoyed. “What’s the point, I’m not even tired.” She whispered, as low as her booming voice could permit. In fact, it wasn’t just fatigue: she had also not felt hunger in quite a while. No. Her problem now was an increasing realization of how much she lacked comfort.


It had been since her night in Jonathan’s cottage, back when she was a more manageable size. Kayla sat up. Jonathan’s house was between her legs. Two large imposing walls of bountiful skin surrounded the structure. Around her, there was still no natural light. There was no sound but the distant chirp of nightly bugs. Kayla came upon another realization: she was bored out of her mind. It had been a few hours now since her two lovers had departed. The house shook as she brought her right foot toward herself, grasping her ankle with her hands, propping her head down on her knee. A large sigh escaped her lips. She tapped her foot, softly. More than the tremors, she noticed the lights inside the house flickering. An idea came to her.


“If I’m not careful, with just one push, that entire house would be torn down…” She looked around. The yellowish glow from the house’s lights illuminated a small area, barely covering the area around her pelvis. “Jonathan left his car…” Abruptly, she shifted her position. Kayla laid down on her stomach, her elbows propping her upper body up, her massive breasts barely hovering above the ground, with but a few meters between her oversized nipples and the soil. 


A large hand came down over the car. Rattling sound of metal pierced the night as the vehicle was lifted and meticulously placed farther.


“Vroom vroom!” Her hand pushed the car. A smile displayed her immaculate teeth, illuminating her face. “Quickly! To the bunker everyone! She’s coming right for us!” Kayla exclaimed while lowering her voice to mimic a random male. The car was pushed surprisingly easily. There didn’t seem to be any apparent damage, at least from what she could perceive. Kayla pulled back, leaving the car by the house, and rose. She walked backward, disappearing into the night. The scene would have been quaint if seen in the picture of a magazine. A cute wooden cottage at night, with the owner’s car parked in front, a cozy light showing the interior.


A distant rumble. Lights flickered. 


What little sound there was to the night vanished. Another deeper rumble. The car shifted position a bit from the shakes. A loud crack. Dust fell inside Jonathan’s kitchen. For a minute there was nothing until… 


Like thunder, a deep shock passed through the soil, over and over with rhythm. Louder with every punctuation, every shake. The night was still pitch black, it was impossible to see anything, but like an avalanche, everything shook, trees fell down farther up the plain. And then, suddenly, right in front of Jonathan’s car, a massive foot landed, followed by another. In an instant, she bent her knees, and with strength unheard of, she launched herself. The force propelled dirt, parting the soil with the force of a thousand men. For a few seconds, silence reigned anew. Until a moment later, a horrible sonic explosion. Displaced air rattled the house’s windows. Kayla had landed her jump. She not only had her feet arrest her drop, but also pushed down with all her weight, displacing metric tons of dirt.


The light inside the cottage flickered on and off in an instant, and then there was darkness.


* * * * *


Jonathan woke up, his eyes clogged with tiredness from last night. The bright sunrays discoloring the curtains of the hotel room revealed the day was more advanced than he had thought. Jonathan dressed up, hurrying with annoyance from having overslept. It was only a few minutes later when he entered Damien’s room. His friend waved at him, busy talking to his cell phone.


“Yes… yes… I understand. Yes. This will be a difficult transfer.” Damien silently mouthed “Agency” to his friend, pointing at the phone. “We’ll need to make sure the path is clear, yes? Yeah… I know. Don’t worry you’ll have all the proof you want.” Jonathan sat down on one of the chairs in the room. “Alright, listen Sam, we have to get going. I’ll let you know when we are there. Yeah, stay about fifteen minutes away… or make that half an hour. OK… talk to you later!” Damien closed the connection.


“What’s the plan?” inquired Jonathan, stifling a yawn.


“We move out and get ready for a long trip. We’ll start by heading back to your house, do the introductions when they arrive, and from there plan our route to the nearest Bureau of Anomalous Investigations’ storage facility.”


“Hah, and where is that?” asked Jonathan, obviously amused at the idea of finding a B.A.I. office the same way one finds a convenience store.


“You’ll see. They are easy to find if you know what to look for.” Jonathan nodded, a sly smile moving his lips, still amused at the idea. “Shall we?” Damien opened his palm toward the door, inviting Jonathan outside. The two friends gave one last look in the room, verifying they had everything with them, and then left back for home.


* * * * *


Whenever Jonathan drove up to his cottage, he always liked how remote it, and the area, was to civilization. The dirt path winding away from the last shred of paved roads, the way the house slowly appeared over the horizon as he passed the crest of the small slope of the plateau it rested on, the surrounding shrubs and even the small forests; all things Jonathan enjoyed about this place. Things that, for him, reinforced the feeling of isolation.


But today none of that entered his mind. His memories of the place did not match reality anymore. He couldn’t understand what he was seeing: as the road turned left to climb the usual slope, the path just vanished. The soil had been upheaved. Black, rich dirt covered the usual sun bleached ground. Shrub trees laid on their sides, naked to the roots. Jonathan reduced speed and looked over at Damien who, just like him, found himself perplexed by the terraforming they both witnessed.


“What am I seeing?” asked Damien with barely a whimper.


Jonathan pressed the gas pedal, carefully, as the tires barely grip the loose dirt. It definitely was not built for off-road travels. Large indentations could be seen left and right of their car amidst the soil. Ultimately, the vehicle became stuck, its wheels spinning idly as the entire frame became off balance. The two friends looked at each other with obvious annoyance at having to walk the rest of the way.


“Should we leave the food in here, for now?” wondered Damien aloud. Jonathan nodded. The slope to his house had never been so steep. But with all of the upturned soil here and there, it was a different climb. The two men used both their hands to keep balance as they climbed the loose slope. Dust from the upheaved dirt penetrated their throat, the harsh afternoon sun placing a weight on their backs. Jonathan rapidly took over Damien, no doubt from his years of hiking through difficult terrain.


As the slope flattened and the view beyond the hill appeared, Jonathan understood: forward and left, firmly planted in the soil, was the underside of Kayla’s enormous heel. Her sole extended skyward, painted with shadowy lines from the folds of her skin. Her skinny long toes pointed at the sky. Much farther to his right was her other foot, a small jog away. Her feet looked much bigger than before, if not two to three times the height of his house in length. Looking down her ankles, past strong calves that dug the ground, Kayla’s legs joined together at the precise location Jonathan’s cottage was.


There it stood, undisturbed in comparison to the rest of the apocalyptic looking landscape. Both its sides were straddled by strong, meaty thighs that almost, but not quite, touched the walls. Jonathan startled himself as Damien shook his shoulders in a friendly embrace, having finally caught up to him.


“Well, I guess we now know why the road is gone.” Damien pointed to her closest heel. It laid in the center of a depression with a mound of soil pressing against it, forming a small, semi-circular chain for almost twenty meters.


Jonathan finally clicked: “Snow… snow angels. We’re looking at a snow angel!” Both men laughed nervously. The entire area was completely transformed from simple movements she must have done laying down, pushing the soil in a steeper mound from the edge of the plateau.


Jonathan headed toward her closest heel, feeling increasingly threatened as he got closer, his body screaming at him that this giant live—thing—was dangerous. Finally, as he reached the large round shape of her heel, having fought the vertigo of fear gripping his entrails, he pressed on her skin with his hand. “Kayla!” he yelled. There was no movement or response.


“Is it me or is it really warm here?” observed Damien, eyeing the giant body laying around them.


“Kayla! Can you hear me?” Screamed Jonathan again. This time, he slapped the imposing heel harder, unsure where to press for better effect.


“Punch her!” said Damien, laughing.


Jonathan pulled back. As if trying to take down a door, he ran at her, slamming his full body into the sole of her heel. The shock and subsequent bounce threw him back onto the ground, knocking the air out of him. Damien ran to check on his friend.


“I’m fine just… just out of breath,” wheezed Jonathan.


The soil trembled as Kayla’s giant heel turned on itself, opening her feet so that the inner sides pointed upward. An immense form rose over the house, the sound of crashing dirt and rocks transforming the quiet landscape into a busy construction site.


“OH!” Her voice echoed. Kayla looked at the small shapes by her feet, her hand shading her eyes from the sun. “YOU’RE BACK!”


A smile traversed her face.


Jonathan frantically gesticulated at her, trying to catch her attention. Kayla leaned forward, extending her right arm toward the two tiny shapes at her foot. “CLIMB ME! I’LL BRING YOU CLOSER SO I CAN HEAR YOU.” A large finger approached him. She pressed her long fingernail down in the ground, creating a large indentation as the soil upheaved, just in front of him. Jonathan grabbed the rough surface of her nail, with just enough grip to hang on. He did not dare look around much, slightly scarred from his previous experience on her. The wind picked up as large motions signaled the hand was covering tens and tens of meters in seconds. When all movement stopped, Jonathan, opening his eyes, saw Kayla’s ear canal right in front of him. “CLIMB IN.” The inside alcove was just large enough to hold him. Jonathan moved forward and walked from the nail, pressed against her ear hole, to the inside. He laid down in it like one would a hammock. The whole thing felt strangely comfy. “SPEAK.” She asked in a friendly tone.


“Can you hear me?” Jonathan asked without shouting.


“OH WOW! REALLY WELL ACTUALLY. WELCOME BACK TO MY WORLD.” Her voice showed subtle amusement. Kayla was glad to have company again. The past night had been such a bore for her as she waited for the sunrise.


“Well, what happened here? The entire place is turned upside down!” Jonathan tried to voice his concern as friendly as possible. Demanding anything of her at this point would have felt out of bounds and oddly patronizing. “Damien and I got some supplies for us, and the B.A.I. should be here any minute now.”


Kayla stretched her arms high up, Jonathan had to hold on to the inner side of her ear as her head tilted left and right. “OH JON. I’M SORRY. I JUST COULDN’T SLEEP AGAIN YESTERDAY.” Kayla pondered how to best explain. “I JUST BECAME A BIT ANXIOUS WAITING AROUND.” Her left hand started tracing circles in the soil by the house. “IT’S STRANGE. LIKE I SAID YESTERDAY, I JUST DON’T GET TIRED. I KNOW I’VE BEEN AWAKE FOR MORE THAN A DAY YET… AND SAME WITH HUNGER. I JUST FEEL SO FULL OF ENERGY, YOU KNOW?”


Jonathan spread himself out. He realized he was getting comfortable like this, with the small, transparent hair around him, usually invisible to the naked eye, acting as a sort of cushion for him. “So the same story as yesterday. No hunger? No tiredness?”

“BASICALLY, YEAH. I STARTED PLAYING WITH YOUR CAR, IT WAS JUST TOO CUTE, LIKE A DOLL HOUSE. DON’T WORRY, YOU LEFT IT IN NEUTRAL. IT’S QUITE STURDY! I MIGHT ALSO HAVE DONE A FEW JUMPING EXERCISES, AND MAYBE ONE OR TWO CARTWHEELS BUT YOU KNOW… IT’S AFTER THAT I REALIZED I JUST COULDN’T SPEND MY ENERGY. AS IN NO MATTER WHAT, I HAD A CONSTANT FIRE, LIKE A CONSTANT PUSH, OR TINGLING, INSIDE ME.” Her hands cupped the general area of her chest as she mentioned the bottled-up feelings. “AND I TRIED. I SWEAR I TRIED. THE LONGER I HELD ON, THE MORE EASILY AROUSED I BECAME.”


Jonathan nodded to himself. It explained her new size. As she spoke, Damien had climbed her heel, using the cracks in her skin to grip. He listened to her, now resting on his back by her ankle. The warm body lured him into a calm resting state.


“AFTER A WHILE, I JUST STARTED TO GROW, SLOWLY, JUST A CONSTANT STATE OF EXCITEMENT.” She continued. Her left hand had drifted down over her thigh, caressing close to her sex. Just recalling her past circumstances made her warm. “SO I MIGHT HAVE STROKED MYSELF A BIT BEFORE YOU ARRIVED. I -HAD—TO GET OFF. SORRY.”


She wasn’t really apologetic, but still felt the need to say it. “ARE YOUR OTHER FRIENDS CLOSE BY?”


“You mean the Bureau?” They should. I think Damien said he told them to arrive half an hour after us… or something like that.” Jonathan turned around, grabbing her skin. He just felt safe here, hidden from view. Her omnipresence gave off a strong calming vibe. He gave a small kiss to the floor, testing to see what she could feel. There was no response.


“YEAH, YOU’RE RIGHT. I THINK I SEE TWO CARS APPROACHING.” Kayla moved her foot. What was but an imperceptible movement for it was quite the chaos for Damien, his body almost thrown in the air. “Get up Damien. Your friends are here!”Her foot twisted to the side. Damien slid down her sole, landing softly on the disturbed earth. The sound of two or three powerful vehicles could be heard.


They had arrived.



* * * * *