- Text Size +

Matt Koeler didn't know where he was. One minute he was walking to his university campus, and the next he fell through a portal that appeared mid-air. He sat up on a grassy hill overlooking what he assumed to be a small, well populated village on the edge of some kind of jungle. He blinked, and got up, checking himself over. All seemed well, no cuts or bruises. 


He began to walk down to the village, admiring the view from the hill. He noticed that the hill seemed to be bigger than he had previously expected, with his walk to the village taking five minutes longer than he thought it would. As he reached the nearest building, he noticed that everyone in the town was glancing at him. He assumed that he must look like an obvious outsider to them.


Finally Matt reached some kind of tavern. He stopped to look in the window and saw a child, about nine or 10 years of age by the looks of him, staring right back. He quickly ducked as he saw Matt looking back. He walking inside and noticed how spotless everything looked, for a medieval tavern. He turned to the child, who was hurriedly washing the window he had previously been peeping out of. Just then a woman came in through the back door of the bar and clapped her hands. 


“Ah, how wonderful.”, she cried loudly. Matt studied her for a moment. The woman looked in her early 40s, with brown hair pulled back in a bun. She wore a red tunic and a dress underneath, with woven sandals. Matt's immedient attention however, was drawn to her large breasts, which were the largest he had ever seen. Not ridiculously big, but big enough that they were the first thing you would notice about her.


"Chubo, stop cleaning for once and help our guest". She barked. Matt assumed she was talking to the young boy, Chubo, who dropped the sponge and bucket and immediently stood to attention. 


"Hello dear, my name is Clarina, and this is my nephew Chubo", The woman introduced. 


"Would you like anything?", She offered, "Directions to somewhere? A nice hot meal? A place to bed down for the night?" She seemed very nice, and Matt thought he could hear a very small Nordic accent. 


"Matt shrugged. "I'd love all those things, but I have no form of compensation for you". 


Clarina kept smiling. "Well of course you don't deary, you're an offworlder. We get lots of offworlders here in Brookshire. Matt assumed that was the name of the town.


"Right", He countered. She laughed and ruffled Chubo's hair, who immediently glared at his aunt. "Well if you'd like, you could work for board. Chubo here keeps the place spotless all the time, so maybe you could cook?" She offered. 


Matt quickly aggreed, and was lead by Chubo to an attic room, which was just as spotless, if not more than downstairs. "I see you like cleaning" Matt said. Chubo just flipped him off. 


Matt looked out the window that was located above his cot. He wondered if he would every get back home.


 

Chapter End Notes:

Don't kill me yet, this is my first story. Also more GTS and lore in further chapters, just wanted to set up the main character first.