- Text Size +

Watching the setting sun within the Micro-Rep Support Squad’s club room Furyu leaned back in her chair regretfully realizing that she had nothing planned for the weekend. Turning towards Megumi and the others, she was about to ask something but was interrupted as Rentaro sent a text to the club’s group chat. And while Furyu thought she knew the tiny pretty well, she was shocked by the message he sent.


                “Are you guys free to go to a gym this weekend?” He asked on their group chat. Furyu could barely understand why he of all people would ask such a question, and as she tried to figure out an ulterior motive, the replies rolled in from each member of the club.


Makoto: No way, I might chip a nail.

Fujo: Comiket deadline is coming up!

Tomoya: I’d rather die.

Megumi: Sorry!! Me and gym equipment don’t have the best history… (;-;)

While Furyu was understandably suspicious, she felt pretty bad that everyone declined. Putting her suspicions aside, she typed her reply. 


“I’m free. What gym are you going to?” Slightly hesitant, she sent her message and awaited Rentaro’s reply. After thinking about it a little more, she realized that it wasn’t right to be so skeptical of someone who potentially wanted to improve their health. Letting out a sigh of relief, her phone pinged, signaling Rentaro’s reply. 


Rentaro: Great! :D I’ll meet you outside your house tomorrow!


The next day…


Excited to hit the gym with a friend, Furyu packed up her stuff and waved goodbye to the rest of the club. Getting home, she packed a bag with everything she usually brought to the gym and slept as normal not knowing that she was in for a big surprise in the morning. When the sun rose and Furyu awoke to a bright and early day, she grabbed her bag and headed outside to meet her tiny friend. Her initial expectations were that they’d walk to one of the local mixed-size gyms, however, those expectations were almost immediately shattered upon seeing a luxurious car parked outside her house with Rentaro’s housemaid patiently waiting for her. 


Being honest with herself, Furyu should’ve expected something like this. First, it wouldn’t be safe for someone as small as Rentaro to just be waiting outside alone in a normal-sized neighborhood, and second, despite his unassuming demeanor, he was still the son of a rich parent. While, thankfully, that aspect didn’t affect his personality, the stuff his family-owned and the people associated with them was still intimidating for someone like Furyu. With an uncharacteristically polite bow, she stepped out of the burning sun and into the passenger seat of the housemaid's car. Settling into the comfy seat and relaxing in the car’s cool air conditioning. This was by far the most expensive car she’s been in and from that relaxing feeling alone she almost didn’t wanna leave. Though, she eventually realized that distracting herself with all the luxury accommodations was a bad idea. Snapping herself out of it, she scanned her surroundings hoping to find her micro friend. At first, Furyu couldn’t find him, but with a click of a button, Rentaro’s housemaid revealed a very unique feature of this luxury car. With a low mechanical ‘hum’ the top of the floor console slid off revealing a small room with Rentaro inside. The room slowly began to rise out of the console, coming to a stop at around stomach height.


“Heh, sorry about all the formal stuff. I was planning on meeting you outside, but my mom said it’d be a lot safer if we took Tsukikage’s car. I hope you didn’t get too intimidated by everything.” 

"A bit late for that, bud." She snarked before grabbing Rentaro out of the room and holding him in her hand. "In any case, may as well get comfortable while you still can because when we get to the gym I'll do everything I can to whip ya into shape." 


Playfully poking him in the stomach, she giggled happily watching her tiny friend get tickled. Being tickled aside, this was a pretty nice change of pace. Rentaro didn't always get along with Furyu so being able to bond with her over fitness was awesome. Plus, it was really amazing to see Furyu get so enthusiastic about something for once. And while he'd never tell Furyu the real reason he asked everyone if they wanted to go to the gym, Rentaro was starting to have second thoughts about whatever ulterior motives or perverted thoughts he had the night before. The drive continued on normally with Furyu explaining some general fitness advice to Rentaro, but after a couple of minutes, something strange happened. 


"Uh, I think we passed the gym," Furyu said, staring into the rear-view mirror. 

"Oh, right. I forgot to mention..." Scratching his head, Rentaro tried to explain the situation, but was soon interrupted by his housemaid. 


"A company gym owned by the Kitagawa family was recently renovated to accommodate the families of staff members and the young master, along with what was supposed to be all his friends, were given early privileges to test out the facilities before we officially opened it to staff." She said, shooting a slightly disappointed glare towards Rentaro before focusing her attention back onto the road. 


"It ain't his fault, though. Our club ain't exactly the most fitness-focused, ya know?" Rentaro was shocked. He never expected to get defended like that and by Furyu no less. With a slightly smug smile on his face. When they finally arrived at their destination, the tomboy was pleasantly surprised, to say the least…


Standing in the shadow of a 45-story tall building in the heart of Tokyo was a luxury hotel owned by the Kitagawa family, and considering Furyu has never even walked close to, let alone inside a building this tall, the look on her face was priceless. 


“Now you know how I feel when I look up to you and the others.” Rentaro snickered, before being escorted in by his housemaid. “You coming, or what?”

“Damn… can’t wait to tell Haryu about this.” She said, still straining her neck to look up at the building as she slowly followed them. 


Chapter End Notes:

twitter: https://twitter.com/RandomInterWeeb