- Text Size +

Chloe stared at Valixia in silent horror. Guy had anticipated more of a reaction, but was glad that it hadn’t been violent. No, Chloe was not a violent person, but she was sensitive.

“All those people,” Chloe said, tears in her eyes. “My mom and dad. Dead.”

“It was a tragedy,” Valixia said. “I am deeply regretful for what happened. I live with the consequences of it every day.”

Chloe looked down at the floor. “So, you want to take me away from Earth?”

“It is the only way to guarantee your safety,” Valixia said.

“And over five months stuck in a cramped ship?”

“Stops will be made along the way. They have mapped out a route that will go past several planets with breathable atmospheres. You’ll be able to stretch your legs.”

“Seems like a long time.”

“Yes, and if we could we would put you in stasis. As it is we have no stasis pods large enough for you.”

Chloe looked across at the far wall. “I need some time to think.”

“You have a week,” Valixia said.

“Why so long?” Guy asked.

“Because there is a lot to prepare. When we leave this world will not remember Chloe or those that have left.”

“Why?”

“To allow this world to develop as it should,” Valixia answered. “I will give you two some time by yourselves.” The alien turned and left.

There was an awkward silence that followed. Only broken by Chloe’s sad sniffles.

“Would you like to be alone for a while?” Guy asked uneasily.

“I don’t know,” Chloe said, before shaking her head. “No, I’d like you to stay.”

Guy leaned against the railing. “I’m not sure what to make of it myself,” Guy said. “I thought I was dreaming when she took me up to her spaceship.”

She looked at him with sad eyes. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

Guy shrugged. “I’m trying to wrap my head around all this myself. I honestly don’t know what to believe anymore.”

“You still could have said something.”

“I didn’t want to upset you. And Valixia said she would tell you herself. It’s their secret, not mine.”

“You’re right,” Chloe accepted as she rubbed her eyes. “It’s not fair to blame you for their lies.”

“It’s not fair on you, either.”

“Thousands of people are dead. My parents. They killed them all.”

“And they regret it,” Guy said. “They stayed to look after you because they felt responsible.”

“They still killed them. They murdered them.”

“I know. But it was an accident.”

Chloe glared at him, which was a frightening sight. “Why are you so intent on defending them?”

“I guess I like to see the good in people.”

“They’re not people. You saw her. She had horns and six arms. She was like a demon thing.”

“And you’re a giant,” Guy pointed out. “Their people are dying. They came here because humans are compatible.”

“That’s what she told us. But how do we know it’s true? Why do you believe her?”

“Because she brought me back to you,” Guy said. “Because she kept you safe.”

“And had me fuck for cash after they killed my parents.”

“But I thought you liked doing it?”

Chloe hesitated. “Well, kinda.”

“You don’t have to worry about hurting my feelings, Chloe.”

“I did enjoy it, but it wasn’t the same. I fuck, but the only time I ever made love was with you. I love you, Guy.”

“At the meet and greet you said it felt amazing to have people inside you,” Guy said.

Chloe squirmed. “It does. It turns me on.” She looked away from him. “I often thought of you. Pretended that it was you in there.”

“This time it was,” he said with a smile. “I don’t blame you. You did what you had to and you enjoyed it.”

“Aren’t you worried that I cucked you?”

“We’re not married,” Guy said.

“Yeah, but it’s the same principle.”

“I didn’t even know it was you. On the videos they edited out all your flaws including the mole under your left breast.”

Chloe rubbed her hand across the underside of her boob. “But you suspected, right?”

“Yes. I suspected. I hoped. I didn’t want to believe you were dead.”

“I’m glad you’re here.”

“So am I.”

“So what do we do next? Do we go with the aliens after everything they’ve done?”

“We don’t have much choice, do we,” Guy said. “If what Valixia says is true, then we can’t stay here. You’ll be in danger. You could be killed.”

“Maybe I’d deserve it.”

“How can you say that?”

“I’m made of dead people, Guy. My mom and dad. I’m the way I am at the cost of thousands of lives.”

“Don’t think that way, Chloe. You’re not responsible.”

“No, but they’re still dead.”

“Which is why you have to live. Make their deaths mean something.”

“How?”

“By living.”

“I don’t know, Guy. It doesn’t feel right. None of this is right, it never was.”

Guy became angry. “Don’t you dare do this to me!”

Chloe recoiled, causing a slight tremor. “I-”

“You deserve a shot at life. We deserve a shot at love and we deserve to be happy.”

“I am now that you’re here.”

“Then why all this morbid talk?”

Chloe hung her head. “I don’t know. I feel-”

“-Guilty,” Guy concluded. “You don’t have to feel guilty.”

“But I do. Why was it me that survived?”

“I don’t know. But you have a good heart, Chloe. You always did. It’s why I love you. Someone else may have become evil. Used their height and strength to kill, and to take over the world.”

“And I just fuck people for a living.”

“You didn’t actually fuck anyone,” Guy pointed out. “You fucked a dildo.”

“You’re right and I never will fuck anyone again. Not even you.”

Guy felt his heart drop at the sadness in her voice. “I love you, Chloe. I will be there for you until the day I die. Maybe these aliens can find a cure.”

“You want to go with them don’t you?”

“Yes.”

“Then I’ll go too. Let’s see this alien world, together.”

“Together,” Guy agreed.