- Text Size +

Geez, life did suck right now. My Name is Jones Wilson and I’m one centimetre tall. It wasn’t just me a few other people all around the world had shrunk to this size too well more than a few actually but the majority were crushed by those unaware of the tiny people by their feet. I was one of the fortunate ones. The shrinking happened while I and my family were on holiday in Spain. Actually, we’re still here.

It happened as soon as we began to unpack our suitcases if it wasn’t for my sister who has a habit of keeping a lookout for her little brother, I think my mom would have stomped me flat thinking I was a bug.

My mom was hysterical at first, she rang the manager of the hotel and he contacted the authorities who got in contact with the authorities back home. I don’t know who you’d speak to in a situation like this but apparently, our government already had something set up so once I return home I will need to be taken straight to an area where they’re studying the other shrunken people. I could tell my mom was going to ring the airport and see what flights leave for England right away but I stopped her.

Well, my sister stopped her for me as I was too small to be heard very well. I knew it cost my mom a lot of money she didn’t have for this holiday we didn’t exactly have a lot of money with my mom being the only one who works but she always tried to take us somewhere nice and I knew she was looking forward to this trip just like my sister I wasn’t going to spoil it for them.

I convinced my mom to wait until the holiday was over before going back. It took a lot of convincing but I managed in the end.

Now I was sitting on the nightstand which was right beside my sisters’ bed. I just sat there watching some Spanish show that had no subtitles. I reached into my pocket and pulled out my iPhone. Fortunately, my clothes and everything on my person shrank with me and luckily my phone still works. This meant I could text my sister and mom through Facebook messenger when I had Wi-Fi which is.

“Oh, this is the best part.” I typed to her. We both had no idea what this film was about but it looked like one of those cheesy romance things. My sister's phone beeped once she got the message. Lisa looked at me with her bright blue eyes and snickered.

My sister was a bit of a rebel she enjoyed dying her hair and wearing more boyish clothes than dresses. Lisa wiped her black and purple-dyed hair out of her face before replying back. “Oh, oh does the killer get the husband?” She typed back playfully.

We both loved horror films and despised romance films. Lisa began to stretch and rolled off the bed. Her footsteps sounded like distance thunder to me. “Bloody hell she’s like a goddess to me now,” I muttered. Lisa went over to the tv and switched it off. My giantess sister then turned back around looking in my direction.

“I’m bored.” She said simply. I began to type. “So, go out to the pool then.” She looked at her phone and looked back at me. “Not without you.” I rolled my eyes. For the past two days my sister had tried to get me out of the room but I keep telling her no but she keeps asking. “Lisa you know I can’t.” I typed. She read the message and rolled her eyes.

“Jones you know id never let anything happen to you right?” My sister asked giving me the puppy dog eyes. I cringed; her puppy dog eyes skill was my ultimate weakness. “Come on Lisa you can’t enjoy yourself if you always have to look after me. You go out and I’ll stay here and wait mom will be back soon anyway.” I typed but she just shook her head and crossed her arm. “You’re my baby brother who I love and cherish I refuse to have fun while you stay cooped up in this room.” I saw the grin forming on her face she knew she was getting to me. I sent a few more texts about what if you drop me or someone steps on me and so on but she just shrugged them all off.

“I protected you when you were weak and defenceless before and I can do it again.” This was pointless she had me. “Ok, fine.” I relented. My sister beamed when she ready the text. “Awesome! I’m going to get changed.”

I couldn’t help but laugh at how my sister ran off to the bathroom. “She’s always been like this since we were little.” I slumped at the last part of that sentence. “I hope those scientists figure out how to grow me back.”

Once my sister was ready, we left. It didn’t take long for my sister to master how to pick me up without breaking hurting me. For tomboy she was gentle. However, I preferred to be sitting in her palm it was safer this way. The trip to the pool was very short. We had one of the rooms that were just around the corner to the pool much to my sisters and my delight.

We both loved to swim but right now I didn’t want to be anywhere near that pool. My sister stepped into the pool area and I was surprised that almost no one was here. Well except for me my sister and four other women. There was the barmaid who was cleaning the bar and three other women in bikinis on the other side of the pool.

“Whoa,” I whispered staring at the three girls. Each one was wearing a Bikini more revealing than the other. My sister noticed my staring and grinned. “Hey I know how about I leave you with those three?” I practically jumped round to face my sister and was about to pull my phone out. “Relax I’m only teasing.” She smiled.

I flipped her off and she stuck her tongue out in return. My sister decided she wanted a drink so we went to the bar first. “Yes?” The bartender asked in her thick Spanish accent. The bartender was very pretty her black hair shined in the sunlight and her hazel brown eyes were quite stunning. The woman noticed how my sister holding out her palm and cringed in disgust when she saw me.