- Text Size +

Chapter 14 - Realization

"Oh my.." Emily gasped not sure how to react. "You're smaller babe. Like, way smaller. You've gotta be less than 6 feet now." Emily added. Kevin tried his best to rationalize the situation. He knew that people would eventually shrink due to bone deterioration but certainly not this much and this early.

"What are you feeling right now?" Emily asked.

"I feel.. fine.. sort of.. other than slightly weaker than tired, I don't feel sick or anything." Kevin answered stutteringly.

"Your hands and feet are still bigger than mine. But not by that much anymore. This is amazing!" Emily said gleefully.

"What do you mean amazing? I'm actually shrinking!" Kevin couldn't believe that his wife is happy with what's happening with him.

"Oh don't worry babe.. You said it yourself that you feel ok right? Maybe you're a little smaller now, but you're still you." Emily said being completely calm.

"I'm not smaller i'm just shorter." Kevin replied a bit annoyed.

"Oh but I think you are, babe. You didn't just get shorter, it looks like you got proportionally smaller as well." Emily looked at her husband who is now quite significantly smaller in every aspect than he used to be.

"I bet you've lost quite a lot of weight as well. Put on some clothes. I'll ask for day off and phone Susan. You call your office for a day off too. We might as well get ourselves checked. Plus she's got a measuring chart and a scale so we can know for sure." Kevin is somehow turned on by his wife's sudden confidence in making decisions that usually she would ask for his permission first.

"Oh great now I can't even fit in my own clothes." Kevin's usual casual army v-neck is now a few sizes too big on him.

"You look funny in those babe. All your clothes must be loose on you now. But that's better than going out naked. This dress i'm wearing usually comes down halfway to my knees. Now it's really short on me." said Emily.

"Well, I'm not complaining about that.." replied Kevin with a half smile.

=================

"Oh no! did you grew again? Or have I shrunk again?! Oh God.." Kevin had a mini heart attack when Emily approached him at the front door looking almost directly in this eye. Emily can't help but chuckles a bit at her clueless husband.

"Hahaha.. Relax babe.. Look.." Kevin bent his head down as his wife motioned him to and slightly relieved to find she's wearing her 4 inch heels. "You don't mind me wearing these right? It's nice to feel tall for a change." Emily said. "Let's go. I've made an appointment and she's apparently free today." she added.

"Do we really have to go?" Kevin asked.

"I am curious how tall and how much do I weigh now, aren't you?" Emily replied.

"Okay then." Kevin decided to go ahead with his wife's plan anyway since he couldn't deny his own curiousity.

As they got into the car, Emily found herself having to adjust her seat due to her longer torso. The drive itself was quiet. Emily was feeling chipper but she noticed that her husband was not. Emily tried to think from Kevin's perspective, he probably wasn't feeling too great due to his shrinking. But to her, this is like a dream come true. It's been her wish for a long time for their height to not be so stark so Kevin would treat her more like an equal. Emily liked the feeling of power she has over her husband just now, a feeling that she'd never had before since they were together.