- Text Size +

Chapter 15 - Doctor's visit

The 40 minute drive went by quick as they arrived at Susan's place.

"Susie!" Emily shouted. She was a friend of Emily since childhood. They went to the same schools together until Susan decided to be a doctor, fulfilling her parents' wishes instead of pursuing her dreams. Even so, they remain good friends until now.

"Em! O my gosh you weren't kidding about your growth. I almost couldn't believe you over the phone." Susan gasped as she looked at her friend now almost as tall as her husband. "It's really unusual for someone in your age to grow that much in just a few days. What supplements are you taking? I'd like some please!" asked Susan curiously, even though Emily could tell that she was joking.

"That's the thing. As great as this is, I didn't take any pills. I sort of just grew somehow. And actually that's not the only thing that happened." Emily replied as she told Susan to stand up.

"Holy needles! Is he.. but how.. did he.." Susan struggled to get words out of her mouth as she stood in front of them realizing that she is looking down at Emily's husband.

"Yep Doc. Somehow I got shorter too. We don't know what caused it or why." Kevin explained to Susan about their condition.

"But you didn't just got shorter.. Your entire frame is somehow shrunk.. proportionally.." Susan said, examining Kevin's newly reduced body.

"Yeah. Emily said the same thing. So, any idea what could've caused it?" Kevin asked.

"Well in all my years of practice I've never encountered anything like this.. So I'm gonna need to get you guys comprehensively tested to figure out what's happening. But first, did anything strange, out of the ordinary happened to any of you recently?" Susan replied with another puzzling question.

"Nothing that I can think of." answered Kevin.

"Well I guess there is one thing that happened a few days ago.. Remember babe? that weird fog that we ran into on our way to work?" Emily said recalling their strange encounter.

"Oh yeah.. We coughed for a bit because I was late to close the windows so we kinda inhaled some of it. Are you suggesting that's the cause of our.. umm.. size changing?" Kevin asked curiously.

"Well I can't say that for sure until I got your test results back. For now let's get you two measured up first." Susan answered.

"First, can you both tell me your supposed height and weight?" Susan asked.

"Well I have been 6'3 since high school and I guess I'm about 180 pounds, give or take. Emily on the other hand is 4'11 and probably weigh about 100." Kevin answered.

"Hey! I'm 95 at my worst. Or at least I was. I have a feeling I weigh much more than that now.." Emily replied slightly annoyed at her husband.

"Well, Those are pretty much in line with your medical record on your files. It says here that you're 6'3 176 lbs, and you 4'11 86 lbs." Susan replied, referring to each of them respectively. "Now stand up against the wall." Her voice became strern as she asked them to line up side by side against the measurement chart.

"Just tell it to us straight doc." Kevin asked anxiously as he saw Susan went silent for a few seconds.

"Well Mr. Kevin Smith, it looks like you're officially no longer part of the six feet club. You're just a hair over 5 foot 9. A full 6 inches shorter than your recorded height. Emily on the other hand, you grew about 4 inches, so that puts you now at 5'3. Incredible.."