- Text Size +

Chapter 17 - Another day at work

Emily smiled as she watched her husband left the car to go into his office. Today she felt the difference for the first time in a while. She couldn't help but stare at her husband from a distance, now noticeably skinnier and smaller than before. She had never felt this excited to see what's in store for their future as she kept growing up and her once tall husband now dwindling down.

"Morning Kevin! Are you alright? You called in sick yesterday.. I was worried something happened to you.." Ruby's voice turned his head towards her as he tried to slip into his office unnoticed.

Kevin wasn't exactly sure how she would react if she realizes his condition so he thought it's best to not say anything and let her find out by herself eventually. Luckily Ruby was sitting behind her desk as usual so she didn't really notice that he was actually a little bit smaller than the Kevin she knew.

"Oh hey Ruby.. Nah it's just some mild fever. I'm all good now.. Just let me know if you need any help okay.." Kevin said replying to her question.

"Well look at you being thoughtful.. You just got yourself another plus in my book.." Said Ruby, impressed at Kevin's friendliness today.

“Say, you look kinda different.. You've lost some weight haven't you?” Ruby asked Kevin to confirm her suspicion at her coworker looking less bulky than usual. Kevin relieved that she only noticed the weight and not the height loss otherwise that would be difficult to explain.

“Ah yeah.. I guess I lost a few pounds due to stress and the sickness I have yesterday.” Kevin answered.

“Don't worry.. I think you still look great.. In fact now that you've shed some pounds you look less scary and kinda more approachable this way..” Ruby replied.

“Really? Well I guess it wasn't so bad after all..”

“Yeah.. plus, with lesser body mass you'll need less energy to move around the office than before.”

“Wow you really see the positive in everything huh..”

“Hahaha.. it pays to be optimistic!” Ruby replied. They talked for a while and Kevin went to his office to do his daily paperwork afterwards."

Soon it's already afternoon and Kevin had forgot that he's supposed to go to tennis practice 15 minutes ago. He rushed to see Maria in her office but she wasn't there. That could only mean that she had already left for practice. Kevin grabbed his bag quickly and went to the locker room. He found out that his tennis clothes that Maria got for him is now noticeably looser than last time. Even the women's size 8 sneaker doesn't feel so tight anymore on his feet.

"I'm so sorry I'm late." Kevin apologized to her boss.

"It's alright you're just in time actually." Maria replied as she continued warming up. Standing right beside her, Kevin found himself scanning Maria's body from top to bottom and realized that he's no longer taller than his boss' 6 feet frame. He immediately felt intimidated as he could also see that Maria's body now looks considerably more toned and probably heavier than his own. She'd already have wide hips but now Kevin can feel that even her shoulders is already wider than his..