- Text Size +

Chapter 8 - The office

Kevin is relieved when he arrived at the office to find that Ruby is still the same petite receptionist as he remembers. His mind had been playing tricks on him all morning, making him see tall people everywhere. He is somehow glad to find that Ruby still struggling to get that folder from the high shelf just like yesterday.

"Need some help?" Kevin asked smugly.

"Just in time.. I suppose you won't mind helping me again with this?" replied Ruby realizing Kevin had entered the office.

"Only if you say please?" teased Kevin.

Kevin lifted his hand and tried to get the folder. He is surprised that he had to stretch a bit to reach the high shelf this time, he could've sworn that he took the folder from that shelf the day before without any difficulty. But today was different. He felt the back of his feet left the ground as he grabbed the green folder. He ultimately shrugged it off thinking he had just forgot to stretch this morning.

"Thank God now we have you in the office. You saved me from having to stand on a chair again today." said Ruby thankful as Kevin handed the folder to her. "Thanks again for helping me out, Mr Smith!"

"You can call me Kevin." he replied with a warm smile. Being in his newly promoted position means that Kevin now had to keep a distance to most of his coworkers. But he thought Ruby would be the perfect person for him to befriend since she works directly under his boss as well. Besides, she has this friendly yet flirty secretary vibe that Kevin was actually quite fond of.

"You sure? Okay well, it's probably gonna take some time for me get used to it, but thanks! By the way, how tall are you, if you don't mind me asking? You must be at least 6 foot right? since i'm in these heels and you're still way taller than me.." Ruby asked curiously.

"I'm about 6'3 on a good day." kevin answered.

"Ohh that's like, really tall. Even my dad is only around 5 foot and a half. I guess that's where I got my petite gene from." Ruby said, impressed at just how tall her coworker is.

"Don't feel bad.. I think petite girls are kinda cute.. In fact they are my favorite kind of cute.." said Kevin, tried to lighten up the mood. "Wow.. So you're not only tall and handsome, with eyes to die for, you're also a smooth talker.. Now I see why Emily fell for you.." replied Ruby cheekily, getting more comfortable with Kevin.

"I can assure you, I'm way more that what meets the eye, little lady." Kevin said, ending their chit-chat as he marched towards his office. Talking with Ruby up close made Kevin realize that she looked kinda different. Maybe she's wearing new heels than yesterday? or is it something else?

Kevin completed some daily tasks in the morning before he got ready for the tennis practice with Maria. As soon as he finished he went into the changing room and headed straight to his locker. Inside he found the brand new sports clothes and tennis shoes. He really wanted Maria to be impressed since it's his first time practicing with his boss. Making a good impression certainly will do great for his career. "This must've cost quite a bit." he wondered, a little surprised of Maria's generosity buying him branded sportswear. "Damn, I forgot how heavy these things are." Kevin said to himself as he tried to swing the shiny new racket that he had never laid his hands on before. Even for that he didn't have to spend a penny. After putting the clothes on, Kevin felt that the tanktop is a little bit baggy, luckily the shorts had an elastic waistband so it stays on him perfectly. The sneakers however is at least a size too big. He felt that he should've informed Maria about his shoe size before she bought it, but there is no use of telling her now, Kevin thought.

 

Chapter End Notes:

sorry for slow updates.. Real life responsibility calls :) Hope you enjoyed the triple chapter update!