- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

               What happens when a prank goes too far? Find out when Joe pushes his mothers anger way past 11.

2: A Long Time Coming

              It was a couple of months later and everything has returned to normal. My mom found a new lover a woman this time. Her response when asked why a woman was always “There would never be another man like Mike”. The woman she fell in love with was Lindsey Steyer. She was only 38 had short wavy fire red hair and had forest green eyes. At 5’ 6” and 160lbs she was on the heavier side but not enough to be called fat and boy was she a stunner. She was at the house earlier talking with my mom about their date tonight. This is when I thought I could have a little fun.

                You see I have a prankster attitude. This usually caught up to me since my mom and sisters were always stronger and faster than me, but I always liked a good laugh. My mom was getting ready for a date when I took a prank too far. My mom was wearing a tight black dress with black nylons. She chose a 2” high open toed heel. I thought it would be funny to tamper with the heel. This time I went around and picked up little sharp bits I could find that my mother wouldn’t see. I than placed these in her heels that she was going to wear. After she put on her heels she immediately yelled out “Ouch”. She immediately took off the heel and inspected it. After poking her finger, I hear “Goddammit Joseph.” I am currently hiding under her bed and am in a fit of laughter. That’s when I see her, more like I felt, head this way. She was stomping while look for me. I scurried deeper under the bed to avoid her, but I was too late. I felt the grip and tug. I went flying in reverse as she pulls me back. She brings me up to her face and says in her disappointed voice

              “How many times do I have to tell you. There is going too far with the pranks. There was the incident with Brie when she thought she killed a bird because you found that skull. There was that time when you replaced the nail cleaner with bleach. But let’s not forget when you hid a cockroach in Kim’s ice. I don’t even know how you did that. Apparently, you need to be taught a lesson. Its 6:45pm and I’ll be damned if I let you make me be late.” She proceeds to walk to her closet and pull out a different pair of heels.

              “I need to keep you out of trouble until I can think of a punishment for your behavior.”

She moves her hand over the opening of the shoe, and I realize what she is going to do. “Please mom don’t. I will either suffocate or be crushed” I plead.

                “Just get to the toe section and you will be fine” she responds as she drops me. I fall onto the leathery insole of the right heel and see her nylon foot looming. I dash down the sol as all light is obliterated behind me by what I know will be my doom. I trip over my feet and end up laying face up, that’s when I feel it. Her nylon begins to scarp my arm and comes to a stop. That’s when I realize where I am, I am under her toes. She thought that if I made it to the very front than I would be fine. That’s when I feel it. She is standing up. The pressure is insane. She feels it as well.

                “It’s his own fault for not making it to the very end. If he survives this than his punishment will be over.” She says low enough so I cannot hear. I though the pressure was insane before, now with her full weight on my body it was excruciating. A reprieve happened when her foot lifted and then boom, more pressure. At this point her foot smelled sweet and had a hint of strawberry from the lotion she used earlier.

              As she continued down the hallway, Heather tried to walk carefully making sure she could still feel Joe. It was a strange feeling to be honest. It was like having a pebble in your shoe but was more malleable while his breathing provided a cooling sensation. Heather tried to keep the weight off the front of her foot as she descended the stairs. This was no conciliation to Joe however as he fought from slipping from under the toes. What Heather didn’t know was that the nylons she was wearing were starting to irritate and cut Joes skin.

              “What the hell is she thinking” Joe muttered to himself, not like anyone could hear him anyways. Seeing as he was trapped in a shoe with the equivalent of a skyscraper being on top of him.

              As Heather reached her 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLS SUV, she absentmindedly shifted all her weight to her right foot, applying untold amounts of pressure on poor Joe. Even though it was a Brief second Joe was in hell. All the air was forced from his lungs and he could feel several bones break including his right femur and thigh.

              Feeling the rumble of the V8 of his mother’s SUV, Joe was beginning to get worried. He immediately felt her foot shit and pressure applied as she shifted into reverse and eased the car out of the driveway. Feeling her shift again he felt her as she applied the break and shifted into drive to begin her way to DelSol’s an upper scale Spanish Restaurant. Worse yet is that he felt the heat from the heater permeate the shoe. This caused the temperature in the shoe to skyrocket. Worse still, the foot began to sweat.  This would be a constant battle for Joe as Heather would go from gas to break to gas. He fought every inch not to fall from the toe crevice. Each shift brough new scrapes and bruises. It wasn’t until Heather slammed on the breaks to avoid hitting a car that cut her off that Joe lost the battle. Even worse is that this little mishap caused Heather to forget about her passenger.

              Joe felt a sudden jerk and an extremely hard pressure along with the slipperiness of the sweat caused him to lose his grip and fall to the arc of Heather’s foot. Heather pulled into the parking lot and prepared to exit her car. It was 7:15 which gave her plenty of time to make it into the restaurant and begin her date. If anything could salvage this night, this date could.

Chapter End Notes:

               Will heather remember that she has joe? Will joe survive under the arch?

Stay tuned for the next chapter.