- Text Size +

Lushawnda loved to watch the teeny-tiny farm machines plod along in the shrunken wheatfields as she ate her morning breakfast. The cereal she ate had been freshly harvested by these very same farm machines the day before, and the wheat they were harvesting today would become the food she would be eating tomorrow.

These farmlands used to be part of Germany up until their defeat in World War 3. The victorious Allied powers decided that after fighting three world wars against Germany, enough was enough, and so they decided to dust off the old Morgenthau Plan which had been proposed after Germany's defeat in the 2nd World War, but was never fully implemented, and now applied a modern twist to the idea thanks to the newly developed shrinking technology which had been the key to the Allied victory in this 3rd World War.

As per the terms of the Treaty of Ver-Size, the defeated German nation would be stripped of all of its military and industry so that it could never again threaten world peace. Germany would become a purely agrarian nation, just as proposed in the original Morgenthau plan, but in addition would also be shrunken down to a teeny tiny size and dismantled into pieces, and these pieces would be distributed to citizens of the victorious Allied powers as reparations. Pieces of shrunken Germany were in high demand and sold like hot cakes among the rich and powerful. The U.S. Government decided that owning German farmlands would be a great way to help poor underprivileged minority households, so priority was given to ensure that these minority households too could own a piece of the enemy.

Lushawnda and her family had been living below the poverty line, but ever since they were given this farmland, it really helped to improve their financial situation. The family no longer had to buy any food, because all of their food was provided to them free (and fresh) courtesy of the shrunken German farmers. Only a tiny percentage of the food was needed for the tiny Germans, and all of the rest went into the bellies of Lushawnda and her family. They could even give orders to the farmers for what sort of crops they wanted them to grow and how much (of course it took time for these changes to take effect, as crops take time to grow).

All that Lushawnda's family had to do was provide the Germans with fertilizer, water, and of course sunlight for the crops to grow, and the Germans took care of the rest with a high degree of efficiency. Fuel for the farm equipment and spare parts was provided in teeny tiny packages that arrived in the mail from the U.S. government. These items were tightly regulated by the U.S. Government to ensure the Germans could not use them for industrialization or militarization. They were allowed only what was necessary for agriculture under the terms of the Treaty of Ver-Size.

The farms took up most of an entire room, and there was also a food manufacturing plant to mill the grain and convert it into Lushawnda's cereal (and other food products). This food plant was the extent of the industry the German farmers were allowed to have access to.

Lushawnda's playfulness and curiosity would occasionally result in the death of Germans. Many acres of farmland (and sometimes Germans) would be crushed by her poking and playing, and by placing her cereal bowl down flattening the landscape beneath it. Her parents would sometimes scold her for this, but they were mainly concerned with the loss of productivity, rather than the loss of German lives.

Because they were so teeny tiny, Lushawnda did not think of the Germans as people, or at least not anything as important as she or anyone normal sized were; more like bugs. Since their sole purpose seemed to be growing and providing her with food, Lushawnda associated them with food, even to the point that she would salivate like Pavlov's dog whenever Germans were mentioned. In addition to staples like bread and cereal, the German factories would produce many other tasty treats and confections, including chocolates and cakes. All of the necessary ingredients were produced from the farmlands, and then assembled in the factories for her family's consumption.

Lushawnda had even eaten some of the tiny Germans. Sometimes due to some unfortunate accident, Germans might end up inside of her food one way or another and would end up consumed by her and her family. But Lushawnda would also sometimes deliberately eat Germans. She loved to drop them into her cereal and watch them swim around in the ice-cold milk as she chased them playfully with her spoon, before sending them screaming down her gullet. Sometimes she would chew them up, but usually she would just swallow them down whole. She would do this in a playful manner, and not understand that it would result in the deaths of the Germans as they were digested alive in her stomach acids. She thought they would just continue to live on inside of her tummy, so she didn't feel any guilt or remorse about it. She understood the ones she chewed were dead though, but she generally only chewed the Germans if she was annoyed or angry, but that didn't happen too often.

Nevertheless, the German population began to decline as more and more of them ended up being squished or winding their way through Lushawnda's digestive tract. When this began to hurt the productivity of the farmlands, Lushawnda's parents finally intervened and took their daughter to the family doctor so the doctor could talk sense to her about how eating shrunken Germans was unhealthy and she shouldn't do it. To her parent's astonishment, the doctor informed the family that eating shrunken Germans was not only NOT harmful to their daughter's health, but actually beneficial, because the Germans were packed full of many essential nutrients and even healthy Omega 3 fats.

After hearing this, the parents decided not only to allow their daughter to continue eating the Germans, but also they started eating Germans too, so that they could get the health benefits of their nutrients. But of course, the whole family now eating the tiny Germans placed an even greater burden on the population, so in order to combat this, they ordered the tiny Germans to breed more of themselves in order to keep their numbers up and to supply the family with an abundant supply of healthy white meat.

The German breeding program proved to be a phenomenal success. It managed to work out due to the fact that just as the Germans had been shrunken down in terms of size, so too were they shrunken down in terms of their lifespan. The shrunken Germans now reached adulthood in a matter of weeks rather than years like it would take normal sized humans. This also applied to the crops they grew, which allowed the crops to be sown and harvested each day, rather than taking an entire growing season at normal size. This allowed Lushawnda and her family to incorporate tiny Germans in all of their meals, and they soon became a staple of their diet. This did wonders for their health as they began to experience the benefits of the nutrients and Omega 3s.

Though the Germans hated this arrangement at first, they gradually came to accept it as being their fate to be nothing more than food and slaves for the larger races. Germans who remembered the "good old days" before they were reduced to slaves and food gradually died off (or were eaten), and younger generations of Germans had no recollection of these earlier times, nor were they allowed to be educated about their former history of being normal sized people, per the terms of the Treaty of Ver-Size.

The population of Germans which Lushawnda had decimated was able to recover, and even got to the point where the family could supply shrunken Germans to other households in their neighborhood. Even though the German farmlands were finite, people could create new German farmlands in their home with regular American soil and then adding a starter culture of shrunken Germans onto it to begin working that land and growing crops and multiplying.

This meant that every family on the planet could own their own piece of the enemy, even if it was not genuine bona fide shrunken German territory. Even if it was just regular soil, the outcome was still the same as the Germans began to colonize and multiply into their new fatherland made from foreign soil.

With every household on the planet becoming self sufficient in food production thanks to the tiny Germans, this freed up enormous amounts of farmland to become wilderness, which reduced the carbon footprint and ended climate change forever. This greatly pleased Greta Thumbelinaberg.

 

The End.