- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is my first story. I decided to give it a go, because I don't see that many gentle stories here, and they are what I mainlny enjoy. That being said, the gentle interactions will probably start at the end of chapter 3. One last thing, english is not my first language, so I apologise for any mistakes.

Enjoy!

 

 

Emily was standing in line to get on the bus, anxious to finally get to her apartment. The week had dragged on for what felt like a month, a sleepless one at that. Freshman year of college was not easy for the girl, the countless tests and piling material constantly making her stay up all night studying. On top of that she also had a dayjob, working as a cashier in a grocery store not too far from campus. She had just gotten off her shift, and the customers who came in today seemed to want nothing more than to make Emily miserable.

That is why she was overjoyed when it finally 

was her turn to get on the bus. 

 

-Good evening.- She said, forcing a smile to the driver while she validated her ticket. The man looked back at her with a similar expression and then immediately back at the road. It looked as though he had been having a hard day as well.

 

It was well past rush hour, so the bus was pretty empty. "Great!" thought Emily, as she walked towards an empty seat. "At least I won't collapse while standing up".

 

She sat down and looked out the window. It was starting to get dark and the traffic had died down. That was a good sign. She'd get home faster.

 

Emily leaned back and closed her eyes, clutching her bag tightly with both arms. She was trying hard not to fall asleep, but the rocking of the bus and her exhaustion were not helping. Eventually she just let it go, and felt herself drift away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

When she woke up, she was still on the bus, but there were some notable differences.

First, it was completely dark outside. How long was she sleeping? Has she passed her stop? That wouldn't be good. 

Second, all the people that were there before had gotten off. Yep, she had definitely missed her stop. Right now there were only two people on the bus apart from her: a woman with blonde hair, wearing a blazer, probably coming back from work, and the driver. Except... It was a different driver from before. This one looked a little older, and less tired. Have the drivers switched? That would mean that the bus had gotten to the end of the line, and started the route over. But why did noone wake her up if that was the case?

The last thing she noticed was the fact that she was lying on the floor. Weird, she must have been so tired that she did not wake up when she fell from the chair.

 

Well, she couldn't just lie down here forever, so she got up. Except... She was still close to the floor. -...What the fuck?- She said out loud, but it didn't look like anyone had heard her. Then she looked around some more... And started feeling anxious.

 

The seat, which she was sitting in just a few moments ago, was high up above her. So high up in fact, that she could only see the bottom of it while craning her head all the way up, and even then it appeared far away.

-What...- The floor of the bus seemed to stretch on forever. It looked like even just walking to the door would take a few minutes.

 

-How... ?- But the scariest of all were the people. The blonde woman was sitting near the front, were Emily was. She was doing something with her phone, her fingers tapping away at the screen, each one twice the size of Emily. The woman must have been at least 150 feet tall. Or rather, Emily was around 2 inches. -Oh god...- The girl's heart started beating faster.

 

What is happening? Has anyone noticed? How is this even possible? The tiny girl felt the world spinning around her. She thought it was because of the shock she was experiencing, but when she felt herself lurch forwards as the nighttime scenery behind the distant windows stopped moving, she realized it was caused by the bus stopping.

 

The force of the break was too strong for her to keep standing. Emily fell forward, extending her arms to try breaking the fall. It didn't help much as she hit the dirty floor with a thud, feeling pain in her forearms. Luckily she did not break any bones, but the sensation still was very unpleasant. Now she was not only confused, but also terrified. How was she going to get out of this? Was she even going to survive, if just the bus stopping was enough to throw her a few meters forward, and cause her to almost break her arms? 

 

Then the blonde woman got up and started walking towards Emily, or rather the door, which opened with a deafening hiss.