- Text Size +

 

The tiny girl was frozen with fear. It was already scary watching the enormous woman while she was sitting down. Now, when she rose to full height, it was even worse. To Emily it didn't even feel like watching a person. More like looking at a mountain, that decided to get up and walk forward, inevitably destroying everything that happened to be in its path under the sheer force of its weight, no matter if it was even aware of its victim's existence. And that woman definitelly did not of hers.

 

Emily wasn’t sure whether the scariest part of all this was how fast the woman was moving, or the fact that she was heading right in her direction. Either way, she was too terrified to do the smart thing, which in this case was getting up and running away.

 

The giant did not see Emily.  She just kept walking forward, her eyes never looking in the tiny girl's direction.

 

Emily, on the other hand, couldn't look away from the giant. She felt herself start to shake as the woman came closer. 

 

Each step sent a light tremor echoing through the ground. Although not as strong as the movement of the bus, each shake was noticeable to the tiny girl. 

 

"I could die in so many ways right now" she thought to herself, tears welling up in her eyes. Noone has seen her, and even if anyone here was aware of her current circumstance, they were all strangers. Would they even help her? Could she trust anyone here? The thought of someone noticing her and taking advantage of her state sent a cold shiver down her spine.

 

She could not ponder that thought for long, because a giant leather shoe crashing into the floor a few feet from her. Emily let out a surprised scream, and started instinctively backing away. Then she screamed again, this time because the giant woman's second foot was right above her. She barely had time to dive out of the way. The foot slammed down right behind her, while the one in front was lifted away. Soon both feet were gone, the woman had left the vehicle, leaving Emily crying on the floor.

 

"So close..." she thought. "I came so close to dying..."

 

Everything about this situation was off. Shrinking to only a few inches in height is not an everyday occurence. Actually, it doesn't occur at all, maybe apart from fictional movies, or dreams. This did not feel like a dream, though. More like a nightmare. And the tiny girl had the feeling that she would not wake up from this one.

 

''Oh god..." thought Emily. "How am I going to get out of this?"

 

Just then, as if to answer her question, another woman boarded the bus. 

 

She was wearing a green bomber jacket with a t-shirt underneath, black jeans and a pair of blue converse. Her dark hair was tied back in a ponytail.

 

Meanwhile, the shrunken college student finally came to her senses. Still crying and shaking from fear, she slowly got up from the ground and looked around for a safe place to hide for the moment. She froze when she noticed the new passenger, and for the first time in the last couple of minutes, felt hopeful.

 

Emily’s best friend Hannah walked in, validated her ticket, and started walking towards an empty seat.