- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Tags: F/m, Gentle

It had been a long day at work. Kaylee had to deal with a lot of unruly customers, who did nothing but complain and ask for the manager, but she was a bit used to that by now. As long as nothing else annoying happened that night, she would be able to go to bed happy.

 

At home, her roommate had something planned for her for April Fool's Day. Every day, when Kaylee got home from work, she would go right over to the couch and turn on the TV so she could unwind. As a prank, he removed the batteries from the remote and hid them somewhere.

 

Now, many would say that that is a very lame prank, but considering that the roommate was only 3 inches tall, his options were limited. While he waited, he went over his plan. She would get home, grab the remote, ask where the batteries are, and he wouldn't tell without her giving in to some demands of his, such as a nice meal, giving him control of the remote for the night, and...a date. He wanted to ask her out for a while and figured he would use this as an excuse to ask for a date. Suddenly, he hears the doorknob jiggle, and Kaylee walks in.

 

She immediately sees her roommate on the couch, but then she remembers the date, and decides to pull a little prank of her own. She walks over to the couch, not even stopping to say hi nor acknowledge his presence, and she sits down, right on top of him.

 

She feels him struggle beneath her, and giggles at the sensation and the situation she's put him in. She then leans forward and grabs the remote. It feels a bit light, so she opens the back and finds that the batteries have been taken out. "Haha, so this is his 'prank'" Kaylee says to herself. She leans down to the ground, giving her roommate a bit of room to breathe, and feels around under the couch. She finds the batteries pretty quickly, noticing that her roommate didn't do very well at hiding the batteries, and that realization makes her chuckle.

 

Feeling satisfied, she leans forward and plucks her roommate out from under her, and places him in her palm, with her having a big smile on her face. "Oh my God, I'm so sorry, I didn't know you were under there," Kaylee says sarcastically. Her roommate frowns at first, but then he can't help but smile along with her, and then they both start laughing, not being able to handle the situation anymore. They laugh hysterically for a few seconds, Kaylee's laughs causing her hand to shake and her roommate along with it. While laughing, he tries his hardest to stay on her hand. Eventually, they calm down, and Kaylee says "Well, April Fools I guess." Her roommate smiles, and responds, "I would say that too, but my plan kinda failed." Kaylee pats him on his head with her finger to console him, and she says, "And what was that plan, little mastermind?" Her roommate says, "well...I was gonna tell you where the batteries were as long as you gave me food, control of the TV for the night, and..." "And?" Kaylee asks. "If you would go out on a date with me!" he blurts out.

 

Kaylee is a bit surprised he just came out and said it. Though, she's glad, and says "Took you long enough," poking his chest playfully. He sighs in relief, looking into her eyes in a way he had never done before. He'd never felt so content than in that moment. "Now, about that meal," she says, getting up from the couch and walking over to the kitchen, her new boyfriend in hand.

Chapter End Notes:

This was my first story in...ever, so constructive criticism is welcome.