- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is my second story here, this one is gonna be longer with many themes explored, no giantess stuff in this chapter, but lots of it in the upcoming chapters! As always, constructive critcism is welcome :D

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Edith stood there, in the middle of a crossroad, being the prey of a horrible monster that she could never escape from- Anxiety. The trek from her former home, the imperial capital to this small elven village while trying to avoid imperial soldiers took a toll on her. Her feet were aching, her` breath was heavy, and her mind was drowned in a sea of unnerving thoughts. However, her mind eased when she finally caught a glimpse her destination, the dancing fairy inn.


However, she couldn’t go in, she stood as still as a boulder as her heart raced, she had never been into a place like this, so far from home, and alone. What kind of people are there, and are they gonna help her, or just ignore her pleads? The distant rumblings of thunder made her look up, the sky was shrouded by sea of grey clouds. With the corner of her eye, she saw a pair of imperial soldiers march across the brick-made street, she held her jittery hands together and took a deep breath, she had to move now. The young elf moved her hood to cover her blonde hair and walked towards the inn.
As soon as she stepped into the inn, it was like she entered an entirely different realm. Her senses were overwhelmed with loud patron noises, the virulent smells, and the relatively darker atmosphere. People were yelling, laughing, and singing. So many of them came in and out of her view. She kept looking left and right, not sure where to go or who to talk to. Her legs trembled as she leaned on a wall, she wanted to yell as loud as her throat could allow her.


“Can I help you?”


Edith nearly jumped when she heard that voice, she turned to her left and saw an elven waitress carrying empty beer glasses. She looked at her with a concerned look.

"I.. uh..I'm.." Muttered Edith, she looked down then left and right , her hands clutched, tried to avoid eye contact as much as possible.


"What's a little girl like you doing her?" She said as she leaned closer to Edith.

 

"I... uh... I'm-I'm looking for someone... Her name is Abigail ." Said the elven girl.


“Oh, that mage woman.” She straightened her body and pointed to her left using the empty beer glasses “She is right there, the red haired elf sitting next to that green lady.”

Edith looked across the busy room, she saw a red haired elf, wearing a white robe, sitting on a round table across from another elf who had a green colored skin with dark green hair tied with a ponytail. They were busy talking to each other, while exchanging rather animated hand gestures, she couldn't hear them with all the noise the patrons were making around her.

"Th-thanks" Said Edith as she waddled away from the waitress. She walked in between walking patrons and until she was close enough to the elven pair that she could hear what they were saying.

"I'm telling you, Abbi, I'm not gonna wear some dress and look like some sort of doll just because a friend of yours made it." Said the green skinned elf as she took a sip of her beer.


"But I wanna see you in a dress Vesna! you'd look magnificent!" Said Abigail .
"I hate dresses. I can't move in them the way I want to!" Said Vesna as she slammed her beer glass on the table.


"You act like you're gonna start climbing trees and fend off bandits wearing it!" She chuckled.


"I'm much more comfortable wearing my trousers and vest, dresses are annoying."  She said as she grabbed her vest, it showed her shoulders and muscular arms.
"I don't see it that way, I th-"


At that moment, both of them were staring right at Edith, she had just realized that she stood there near their table and hadn't said a word.


"Yes?" Said Vesna, as she grimaced at her.


"Hi...uh... I'm looking for Abigail , also known as the mage of Damira.”
“That’s me, how do you know of me?” Said Abigail.


“P-please, I need your help, i-imperial soldiers are coming after me, and I need to get out of here before they get to me...I-I-I don’t know what to do I-”


“There, there.” Abigail clasped the little girl's hands “Come sit, don’t be afraid.”  she said as she made space for her.


Edith stood there for a handful of seconds before she sat near Abigail , despite being a complete stranger, she felt some ease, the young elf felt a friendly aura coming from Abigail , a first since she left her home.


“What’s your name?” Asked Abigail .


“E-Edith…”


“A wonderful name,” Abigail  leaned closer to her “How did you know of me, Edith?”


“I-I came to you because master Mohan told me about you.” She answered.


“Mohan…” She frowned.


“A friend of yours?” Said Vesna as she crossed her arms.


“We studied together, we were both at the order of mages before I left.”  she turned to seight back to edith “Are you one of his students?”


Edith nodded “Yes, he said you were the only one I can trust, you can help me get out here.”


“Out of here, what do you mean?” Said Vesna.


Edith pouted and then looked down “Master betrayed the empire, the order wanted him to do a ritual that required scarfices, he refused, a-all of his students turned on him, all except for me. We tried to run, but the imperials got to him…”


“No…” gasped Abigail .


“He said that I should take a ship to Salamore, it’s a free city state and imperials can’t get to us there… He got himself arrested just so I could escape.” She turned her head back up only to reveal tears trickling down her cheeks. “I feel lost and I don’t know what to do!”


“Abbi, your naivety just astounds me, you don’t even know if what she is saying is true and you’re already shedding tears with her?” Said Vesna.


“Vesna please, can’t you see that she is in distress?”


“Yeah, and I’ve seen so many fake tears before. This could easily be a trap.” Said Vesna.


“I’m telling the truth! Let me show you.” Edith reached for her pocket and let out a round, golden badge. It shone brightly under the light of the candles of the chandelier that was near them.


Abigail  took the trinket and examined the small scribbles on it, her eyes widened and mouth agape.


“It’s his badge…” she said.


“He gave it to me so I showed it to you, he trusted you because he said that you were one of the most talented mages he had ever known,” Edith held Abigail ’s hand “Please, I don’t wanna be captured by the imperials. I might die!”


“I’m not gonna leave you here little one. I’m gonna help you escape.” She said as she wrapped her arms around the young elf.


“Abbi, we can’t help every random stranger running from the empire” Said Vesna. “ We don’t know if-”


“Fine, I can do it by myself.” Said Abigail .


Vesna glared at her friend “Abbi you don’t have to-”


“Don’t you remember when the imperials captured you, Vesna?” She interrupted. “You hate the empire more than anyone I know, shouldn’t feel for this little girl’s pain?”


Edith saw the green skinned elf give her a sharp stare with her amber eye. She grabbed her beer glass and guzzled down her beer, her throat bobbing with each swallow. She placed the glass with a loud thud and let out a long sigh.


“Alright, kid. You have my service.” Vesna stood up and Edith got a better look at Vesna’s body. She wore leather pants and a midriff baring vest that show off her perfectly toned abs. She also had a belt with many sheaths attached.


The elven teen felt a hand land on her shoulder, she saw Abigail  smile at her.


“We’re gonna take you Marsik, it’s a port city not too from here, you can take a ship to Salamore there, Shall we go?” She ask.


Edith nodded.


When they got out of the tavern, it was raining, with thunder being heard in the distance. Edith saw a pair of imperial soldiers that were questioning an old man. She felt a hand press on her arm and heard Abigail  whisper to her.


“Don’t worry, we won’t let them get to you.” she said.


They slowly walked away into the road that led to the forest, Edith’s anxiety won’t go away, she didn’t have any idea what awaited her when she leaves this village.