- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

- "It's good to see you fuckface!" the young woman said as she threw her arms around her brother. Carolyn wasn't sure though, she had never seen this woman before, but her boyfriends description of his sister matched this woman. It was a long hug that ended with a kiss on the cheek. Carolyn almost managed to feel jealous. Jess never hugged her like that, but on closer inspection it looked like she was the one doing the actual hugging. Jess just stood there with a sheepish smile.
- "Fuckface? I thought we agreed to stop the name calling." he retorted. The woman elbowed him in the stomach. Not hard, but hard enough.
- "Yeah, I'd stop calling you fuckface if you stopped calling me stepsister. We're close enough to be real family, no?" she said cockily. Carolyn felt a look of surprise creeping over her face.
- "Step sister? He has only ever mentioned a sister. I thought you were siblings."
- "Well, would you look at that. Looks like your girlfriend saved you Jess." It was Carolyns time to get hugged. It was a tight squeeze. Their chests bumped together and Carolyn almost lost her breath. She also became pretty convinced the woman had one nipple pierced, and you have to really press yourself against someone to feel that kind of thing. She quickly wondered if she could feel Carolyns belly button piercing as well, but probably not. Their boobs pressed together managed to create a little space inbetween the women. Carolyn could breathe again as the woman let go and planted a big kiss on her cheek as well. "I'm Kathy, and you must be Caroline, we've all been very excited to meet you." Kathys eyes pierced Carolyn. She was being checked out by her boyfriends sister, there was no mistaking it. Not all that unusal under the circumstance she guessed. Family would usually scrutinize her when introduced. They were always curious about the blonde bombshell that was making her way into their family, she was used to the stares. Like she needed their approval. It had been like this since she was young. People just assumed she was oblivious to their gaze. Like the bimbo would be too stupid to notice. But Kathy didn't look at her like that. She couldn't put her finger on it, but this was another look. Perhaps Kathy knew how to not look at the hot woman like she had something to prove, being a hot woman herself.
- "Carolyn, not Caroline." Jess corrected his sister. Carolyn was too lost in the womans eyes to notice the mistake she had made.
- "I'm sorry darling. Carolyn, I'll make sure to pass that on to mom." She grasped Carolyns hand and shook it, still checking her out. "She was the one who told me your name was Caroline. Come inside! Say hello to everyone!" Kathy tugged her arm and pulled her towards the front door of the house.
- "But the luggage...?" They had just stepped out of the car and streched their legs when Kathy had come out to greet them. Carolyn was not prepared for this right now, she had been asleep less than five minutes ago. Jess had only nudged her awake as he pulled up onto his parents drive way.
- "Let Jess handle all that, let's go introduce you!" Jess was no help, he just laughed and let the sister abduct her.

She was pulled straight through the house, from the frontdoor out the back by the kitchen. There was a lot of people out on the patio. Jess said this was a family dinner, but all these people could not possibly be family, could they? Upon closer inspection everyone looked kind of alike though.
- "Alright everyone, this is Jess's new girl: Carolyn." Kathy anounced. She put heavy emphasis on the Y in Carolyn. "Carolyn, this is everyone. There's a lot of us so we won't mind if you have a hard time remembering our names." Everyone smiled and waved. After that super short introduction people approached her, offering her food and drinks, there was a lot of hand shaking and hugs, and a lot of names and relations and family ties were thrown around. Carolyn was pretty sure an uncle introduced himself three times with different titles every time just to mess with her. He was about to go again when Kathy stopped him by giving him a beer and literally pushed him back into his seat. Jess emerged from the house and made the rounds. Carolyn kept close to him, hoping that with his help she would have an easier time keeping track of everyone. He was interrupted though by someone dinging a glass. Everyone turned towards the patio door where a woman stood holding the dinged glass.

- "Well, it seems everyone who could make it is here now, so let's get the family toast over with. To the best family one could wish for!"
- "Hear hear!" erupted some and others aplauded. They all raised their glasses and took a sip.
- "I get the feeling your family is very to the point." Carolyn noted once the toast was over.
- "Yeah." Jess agreed. "We're a rowdy bunch, no time for nonsense. Except for Jack over there." Jess nodded to towards the introducing man. "How many times has he introduced himself?"
- "Three, then Kathy stopped him."
- "It's a running gag of his. His record is 20 times to the same person. Kathy usually stops him once she notices the mark has caught on."
- "Who didn't catch on for 20 times? There is a lot of people here but not that many." Carolyn looked around curious to see who would be such an easy mark.
- "A date one of the cousins brought once... He didn't last long though." The woman who initiated the toast approached them and hugged them.
- "Jess! So good to see you. Glad you could make it this to spring dinner this year."
- "It's nice to be here mom. You know I wouldn't miss it if I had a choise."
- "I know I know... I'm glad you're happy at school and such, it's just a shame that it's so far away."
- "Where's dad?"
- "Basement."
- "I should have figured."
- "What's in the basement?" Carolyn asked.
- "The brewery." Jess and his mom and Kathy said in unison. Carolyn was slightly startled by the sudden appearance of the sister.
- "The men really like to talk beer." Kathy explained. "There are six or seven of them down there right now."
- "It started as his retirement hobby, but he basically treats it like work now. He's really good at it. Want to go check it out?" Jess asked, seeming eager to get down there as well.
- "Don't let the poor girl starve. Leave her here so we can feed her and have a chat. I'm Monica by the way, the mother." Carolyn got another hug from the woman.
- "Carolyn." She tried to do something but her arms were locked tight in the hug. "I'd love something to eat."

Jess departed and left the women alone. Kathy produced a plate with food from the grill.
- "You drink beer?" Monica asked.
- "From time to time."
- "You should try one of Patricks then."
- "Patrick is dad, the brewer." Kathy interjected. They found somewhere to sit and talk for a while. It was really relaxed, not the usual cross examination Carolyn feared that family dinners could turn into. People came and went and the conversation kept going and suddenly it was dark outside. Torches were lit and bugzappers were activated. The beautiful yard was right by the forest and loads of bugs flocked around them. People started to drop off. Some went to their cars and drove away, others went inside the house to the guest rooms. It was a big house and quite a lot of people looked like they were staying the night. Monica who had left Carolyn and Kathy for a while suddenly patted them on the back.
- "Well girls, I'm beat. I think I'm going to turn in for the night. It's a pleasure having you here, but we'll have to talk more tomorrow, Carolyn. Good night." She kissed Carolyns head.
- "I don't get a kiss goodnight?" Kathy said, faking jealousy. She also got a peck on her head before Monica disappeared into the house.
- "So..." Kathy said turing her attention back to Carolyn. "How was the first meeting with the family?"
- "It was fun. A lot, but fun." Carolyn said after having another sip of her beer.
- "You did well I think. Everyone seems to like you. I think the only one you haven't met yet is Patrick, but he went to bed an hour ago. You'll see him tomorrow though. He always gets stuck down in the brewery at family gatherings. It's like a man magnet down there."
- "Yeah, I haven't seen Jess in hours."
- "He's probably down there, playing videogames with the cousins."
- "I was thinking about calling it for tonight as well, but I have no idea where to go."
- "You're sleeping in my room." Kathy chirped happily. "With this many people in the house we had to squeeze together. I hope you don't mind?" There was that look again. Boldened by the beer Carolyn decided to act.
- "Are you checking me out?" she asked feeling coy. Kathy smiled.
- "Is that an issue?"
- "Nah. Just want to know what I'm getting myself into. Let's get to bed then."
- "I'm not that tired though." Kathy said as she got up.
- "I'm sure we can work on that." Carolyn could almost not believe her own words. She usually wasn't this cocky, but it was fun. She was having some trouble reading the situation, if this was just flirtatious banter or something more serious, but it didn't really matter. She had caught Kathy making eyes at her from time to time, and she had done the same to her. It was nice to get some attention like this from a woman. No bullshit, just some mutual apreciation. Jess had left her alone all night so he had no say in this. Open relationships for the win.

Kathy led her inside and upstairs. Carolyn thuroghly enjoyed walking behind the step sister of her boyfriend. They were kind of similar, they had the same sense of humor, both were really attentive and good listeners, and they had the same mannerisms. They even looked kind of the same. Had no one ever mentioned the step part Carolyn would never have guessed they weren't related. Kathys long dark hair caressed the back as she climbed the stairs. It almost reached her butt. Her hips swayed hypnotically as the tight fabric stuggled to keep everything inside. Kathy stopped and opened a door.
- "This is us then."