- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Trying to flex my literary ability with a bit more emotion that my other story. Let me know what you think. 

“I didnt think I would ever be glad to say my wife has relatively small breasts.” Jim joked.

“Very funny, but honestly, so am I. Now I dont have to worry about you getting too small. I actually think youll be kinda big. Like maybe a whole 12 inches” his wife Miriam said, cupping her C cups. After getting the virus, she only went up a single cup size. The young couple was relieved that this meant the strain she had, and in turn, the one Jim had, was weak.

“Speaking of which, my sister is on her way over to drop off a small bed for me. When this all started she got over optimistic and made a foot long bed for her son. But it sounds like thats too big for him.”

“Oh, thats so nice. If we got the timing right, you should shrink overnight. But like we talked about, well have you sleep on the floor so itll be easy to find you in the morning, and I dont accidentally roll over on you” She giggled at that.

“Yeah, I am not to keen on waking up to an elephant on top of me” He laughed, poking his wife in the side, making her laugh.

Just then the doorbell rang, and Jim went to answer it. He opened the door and saw his older sister standing there.

“Holy Shit Jade. What happened to you?” Jim exclaimed.

“I know I know. Theyre big.” She said shaking her breasts as she walked inside. They were absolutely massive. Jim hadnt heard of any cases of breasts getting even close to that size, especially because she started out as an A cup.

“Wow Jade, I definitely dont envy your back pain” Miriam said.

“How did this happen? How small is your son?” Jim asked.

“Hes down to a quarter of an inch. Which is why I dont need this bed, I need to keep him in my contact holder, so I dont lose him to a gust of wind.” She sighed, holding up fancy looking foot long bed.

“Is this some new strain of virus?” Jim asked.

“Well, I was just as shocked as you are, so I went to the doctor to get checked. Turns out, I am just super unlucky and am naturally susceptible to it.” She explained. “They said that its lucky that my son is half his father, or else he would have been even smaller.”

“That poor kid.” Jim said. “Well, luckily the strand Miriam had doesnt appear to be very strong. So when Im a few inches tall, feel free to bring my nephew over. Itll probably be easier for me to interact with him than you.”

“Thats a great idea Jim, but speaking of him, I need to get him home. He is all tuckered out from our day and fell asleep in his holder” Jade said, tapping her purse. Saying her goodbyes, she left the couple to get ready for the next day.

They placed the bed on the nightstand, where they planned on having Jim stay at his new size. But for tonight, they laid a sheet out on the floor next to their bed for Jim to sleep on.

Mike curled up on the floor next to his cellphone, and looked up at his wife as she lay on the bed looking at him.

“Goodnight darling, tomorrow is gonna be a big day. And make sure you watch your step when you wake up” He joked.

“Hee hee, I will, I cant wait to see my cute little husband.”

With that, they both soon fell asleep.



Jim woke up the next morning to the first rays of sunrise coming through. He opened his eyes to look around and assess his new size. But what he waw confused him. The floor was a rough, bumpy surface, not the bedsheet he fell asleep on. And next to him was an incredibly large black structure. It was about 10 times his height, and stretched on for what seemed like several hundred feet.

“Where the hell am I?” He said confused. As his mind cleared of sleep, a realization downed on him. This structure was his phone. Which meant he was incredibly small. He estimated himself to be a 1/16th of an inch.

“No, how is this possible? It barely affected MIriam” He screamed. But then it hit him. This virus affects people with similar genetics the same. His wife didnt have a weak strain, and his sister didnt have a strong strain. It was the same virus, but his sister and him were very susceptible. He was even worse that his nephew.

A massive earthquake knocked him to his feet. He looked around and saw a incomprehensible figure moving towards him. His wife was looking for him. She was so large that his vision couldnt make out many details past her knees.

“Honey? Where are you?” A worried voice boomed down from the heavens. His wife bent down to look for him. It was disturbing to see such a massive object move so fast.

Her eyes started scanning the area near his phone, where she had last seen him fall asleep. Quickly, he stood up and started jumping around, waving his arms and screaming for her attention.

Her eyes locked on to him and scrunched in confusion. “Jim? How is that really you?”
The simple act of talking that close to him sent a gust of wind so powerful that it knocked him down and sent him tumbling away.

Seeing what she did to her tiny husband, Miriam's hand shot up to cover her mouth. She bent even closer, bringing her eye as close as possible to him.

John looked up at his wife's eye. He could see every amazing detail of her iris. It looked like a galaxy to him. He noticed her eyes start to build up a massive amount of water, and a noise escaped her mouth.

She was starting to cry. It hit him in that moment just how small he was. His wife, who loved him more than anything, was crying over his new size.

He laid down on his back, gazing up at the love of his life, and realized that this was the end for him. He was no longer able to even interact with her world. There was no way she would be able to keep him safe.

He began to cry. Not for himself. But because he knew that she would try to take care of him. And she would fail. And she would blame herself.

__________________________________________________________