- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Digestion

The two women in the giant’s stomach, Delilah and Sharon, had quickly managed to find and hold onto each other. Sharon wasn’t quite sure why they hadn’t been digested yet, but hoped it meant the giant was going to let them out again. Delilah didn’t share her optimism. The giant – the monster – had suffocated a woman in his penis while crushing another on the outside to use as lube. And Delilah suspected she knew why they weren’t dead yet, as well. The strangely sweet, almost cloying smell that hit her when she first fell in reminded her of antacids. As the smell grew fainter, it was hard to tell if she was getting used to the scent or if it was fading.

A quick rumble shook through them as the giant said something. Soon after, a lump of chewed up something fell next to them into the pool of saliva, prompting both women to scream as they were splashed. It was impossible to tell what the masticated bolus was made of in the absolute darkness of the giant’s stomach. A moment later, another huge ball of spit and food splashed down on top of the previous one, slightly raising the level of liquid in the stomach. Just as the two women were catching their breath and trying to move away from what had to be the opening from the giant’s esophagus, several relatively small lumps of mashed food and spittle began to fall one after the other, for over a minute. Most splashed into the pool of spit, though a few hit the larger boluses and stuck with slimy squelching noises.

As things seemed to be dying down in the chamber, one last spit-soaked mass fell down into their prison, this one even larger than the first two. It hit and crushed the first two boluses with a nearly deafening squelch, then rolled off and partially over Delilah, who was closer to the esophageal sphincter.

Trying to pull her leg out from underneath the bolus, her fingers at first slid through the spit, then managed to gain purchase as they pushed through the outer, particularly slimy layer. Underneath, her hands found spit-soaked food and spit-soaked sharp shards of something and spit soaked… hair.

Spit-soaked hair.

She screamed again, and Sharon joined her as they both desperately pushed at the muddled mess of saliva and what Delilah now knew was the remains of one of the other women. Delilah was too horrified and terrified to do anything but struggle to remove herself from the mashed-up corpse of one of her fellow captives. With both of them working together, she was free in less than a minute, although it felt like far longer.

Sharon held the other woman as she sobbed, her hope crumbling as she realized the giant had started eating with them in here. He wouldn’t do that if he planned to bring them back up. They were food, now. She was food, now.

A sudden burst of anger hit her and she began to pound on the walls again, then scratch at them with her long, formerly-beautifully-manicured nails. This wasn’t fair. This wasn’t right. She wasn’t food.

More rumbling vibrated the air, and Sharon redoubled her efforts, convinced she was causing him pain. As the rumbles continued, she continued, clawing and punching and even kicking at the mucus-covered, disturbingly soft walls of the giant’s stomach. It wasn’t until she paused to take a breath that she realized her hands hurt. No, they didn’t just hurt – they burned.

She was tingling from the hips down, which was how high the spit had risen. As she paid more attention to the sensation, it went from an odd tingle to a slightly painful irritation. A moment later, the irritation turned to a similar, but less intense burning on her submerged skin.

“He’s digesting us!” she shrieked, moving towards where she thought the mass of food had fallen. A splash to her left told Sharon that the other woman was moving as well. Sharon tried to climb up, but found the space already occupied by Delilah.

“Let me up!” she begged, her panic increasing as the burning intensified to the same state as her fists. “Please!” The burning got worse and she began to scream as she felt her skin melting off. Sharon clawed at the other woman, trying to pull her off the safe place and claim it as her own.

Delilah was having none of that. She knew it was temporary, and that the acid would soon eat away at them both, but the longer she could avoid the pain, the better. After a few minutes, the other woman stopped trying to pull her off. The screams continued until there was a splash, and they cut off with a gurgle.

The mound of masticated human below her was quickly shrinking and Delilah knew she would be next. She tried to jump up, to grasp ahold of the esophageal sphincter she was sure was right above her, but her hands encountered nothing but puckered, acid-oozing flesh. She screamed at the pain as the stomach acid immediately began eating into her hand. Delilah thought she saw lights as her vision swirled in the darkness, and she lost her balance, slipping with barely a splash into the chyme below.

Her skin immediately started burning and quickly sloughed off, prompting an involuntary scream that allowed the mixture into her mouth. Her mouth and esophagus were on fire as the liquid seemed to rush into her, the acid eating away from the inside as well as the outside. Dimly she realized she was fully submerged in chyme now. The walls of the giant’s stomach slid against her melting muscles, encouraging more meat to drop off and join the rest of the giant’s meal. The acid ate through her eyelids and she felt her eyes melt. Finally, the acid hit her brain.

Chapter End Notes:

Not sure I like how this one ended... but I couldn't figure out how to make it better.