- Text Size +
Story Notes:

In this story, I'll be trying to post one chapter a week, including a timed link to a poll at the bottom. The winning vote each week will decide the fate of Ellie in the new chapter!

Author's Chapter Notes:

First chapter here! 

Depending on who you choose is living with Ellie shall decide what her personal background is, so that's why this chapter is rather short. 

You couldn’t help but stare, dumbfounded, at the television screen. After all...there’s no way this could be true. The news station must be wrong. But then...why are ALL the news stations saying the same things? 


This had to be some kind of sick, April Fools joke, right? There’s no way such a law could have been passed!



“We repeat, the Burden Act has just been passed. Starting today, all Shrinks in the country shall have their rights as human beings revoked. Which means anything done to them shall not be considered crimes” the female news anchor repeated. 

 

You’re a Shrink. A person that was born at an incredibly tiny size. It’s actually a rather common birth defect. There are millions of Shrinks out in the world. But almost all of them rely on a Norm to help take care of them. After all, while you’re an intelligent person...you couldn’t exactly go to the store without someone helping you.

 

Charlotte Sunshine was one of your favorite news anchors...mostly because she’s a shrink. Just like you. The look of sheer terror in her eyes is all too real though, as she looks through the screen. 


“To my fellow Shrinks, listen closely. Hide away. If you have someone you trust, have them help you get out of the country. Do NOT attempt to stay here. Perhaps someday this act of cruelty will be banned, but in the meantime, prioritize your own life first. You need to-hey...what are you doing?!” she asked with concern. A tall, blonde Norm woman walked onto the set with a twisted smile on her face. 


“S-stay away from me!” Charlotte screamed as she tried to dash away. But the Norm woman easily snatched her off the desk with one hand. You let out a shrill noise of terror as you watched the Norm woman raise the newswoman over her head...and open her mouth. 


“N-no! Stop! Y-y-you can’t do this to me! PLEASE!!!” the tiny woman begged. But without a word, the blonde dropped her into her awaiting maw. Your eyes were frozen to the screen, unblinking as they continued to broadcast the woman swishing Charlotte around in her mouth. Tasting her. 


Then finally, a squirming lump appeared in her throat, slowly descending before vanishing under her collarbone. The blonde woman let out a happy sigh and patted her stomach.
“Well folks, that’s all for Charlotte. I’m going to be your new host, Cassidy Jameson. Stay tuned, after this commercial break I’ll be teaching you all the best ways to handle the Shrinks in your neighborhood. And if you’d like to see me dispose of them myself, like I did to Charlotte, feel free to mail them in to us!” she said with a professional cheer. As if she didn’t even just murder someone…


“I...need to get out of here…” you say aloud, genuine fear and panic beginning to set in. 


“And go where, Ellie?” came a singsong voice behind you. Your body froze up in terror. Your eyes grew wide as you slowly tried to turn your head to look back...at the Norm you’ve been living with. 

 

Chapter End Notes:

So, what do you think so far? 

 

Here's the link to decide what happens next!

 

https://strawpoll.com/9quh12gsz