- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is a pledge reward for my patron, @BatgirlSilva! Thank you so much for the support~

If you enjoy my writing, consider pledging to my Patreon~ patreon.com/cursecrazy For just $2/month you get early access to these stories and more!

Or, consider just buying me a coffee~ ko-fi.com/cursecrazy 

 

 

 


The slow sway of twilight had faded into the cool night. Quiet was cast all across Hyrule Field, the chirping of crickets being all that remained in a land known for monsters. More so than ever before, the kingdom of Hyrule faced many threats, their peace challenged by Zant and his minions from a darker realm. The princess was overpowered, imprisoned, but as a hero sought to rescue her, she had chosen to sacrifice herself. With what little magic the princess had left, she was able to restore life to another.

 

Midna could never forget that sacrifice. It fully occupied her mind, regardless of where her adventure with Link had gone since. It had been nearly a week since Zelda’s sacrifice and yet it haunted her still. It should have been me to perish, Midna scolded herself throughout every day. She was a bold leader… She was kind and clever… Why did you…?

 

That question tortured Midna, throwing her into migraines at its worst. Why did Zelda save her? What had she seen in her that was worth protecting? Midna argued with herself over this decision, but truly she argued with Zelda. Her spirit, she could tell, was in that last spell. Zelda pushed her own life energy onto Midna’s, providing her the strength to overcome. Somewhere inside her, she felt that ping of Zelda, a distinct warmth that felt nearly solid enough to pinpoint. It was a constant reminder, like a pulsing wound, of what errors Midna had made on her quest to take back her kingdom.

 

But tonight, she intended to set the path ahead straight. She would correct her mistakes, and Zelda’s as well: she would bring the princess of Hyrule back with whatever magic she could gather.

 



Continue reading on my Patreon~ https://www.patreon.com/posts/midnas-moment-39957336

Chapter End Notes:

If you enjoy my writing, consider pledging to my Patreon~ patreon.com/cursecrazy For just $2/month you get early access to these stories and more!

Or, consider just buying me a coffee~ ko-fi.com/cursecrazy