- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

hey everyone ! As you'll notice, no poll today because next week will be the second part of Andrew's trip on Lindsey :) !

Chapter 18: Secret Location – Lindsey and Andrew

“Weren’t we supposed to continue with the car?” asked Andrew, feeling a little nervous as he looked up at Lindsey’s face.

“Nah, it’ll happen in another episode, I think today’s more important” she replied, her voice soft and low, as she smiled tenderly at him. “And don’t tell me you aren’t better here, for once. Isn’t it a great view, from up here?”

“Yeah, you’re right I suppose” he admitted, looking over edge to take the incredible landscape he got to admire. “But I must say I’m a little afraid, I’ve never been that high…”

“Don’t be, I promise I won’t let anything bad happen to you.”

He wasn’t sure he trusted her to do that. Not for a lack of trying – he had to admit that she seemed to be really into him and whatever they had talked about with Eugene after the camera had stopped filming had clearly been beneficial to her behavior – and his health. Still, he doubted even she could see him falling along the side of this 400 meters tall building, at night. It was quite the spot however, especially because the show had reserved the whole thing just for the two of them – even if he was willing to bet that hundreds of peoples in the neighboring towns were looking at them.

Mostly at Lindsey, he corrected, - he was invisible to them, even on the roof top, protected from the mighty winds by discreet if impressive tech. By contrast, the bombshell blonde, who had elected to not constrain her breasts, looked positively breath-taking. She was clad in a black dress which only accentuated her pale skin. The dress even seemed to glint when one of the innumerable thread of silver or the inlaid glass decoration caught a stray ray of the moon or the Normal’s life, far below. And her cleavage! Even he could barely peer over the edge to look at it, and he could tell it looked stupendous.

And of course, she seemed so much bigger here! Unlike the Lounge, which had been designed to accommodate Gigantics, the outside world was not. It was made for people his size, and here, someone being 500 meters tall took all its meaning. It wasn’t just that she was taller than the monumental building he was on top off. It was that she was truly a part of the landscape, a vista onto her own. She could have stayed there and become a world-wide attraction, and peoples probably wouldn’t ever tire to discover it. Instead, she was talking to him.

“Earth to Andrew” she said, bringing him back to the present situation, which was waiting for their food to arrive. “Are you cold? You seems to be spacing out a lot more than at the Lounge? If you don’t feel well, we could stop it right now, really!”

“No, I’m fine!” he quickly replied, even if the very idea that Lindsey, of all people, would take his well-being into consideration still felt somewhat alien to me. “I was just reminded at how long I’ve been at the Lounge. The outside world seems strange now.”

“I… I’m not sure I get what you mean” she revealed, her beautiful lips almost glinting thanks to the lipstick she had applied – and even the shadows of the night couldn’t hide the way her eyeliner enhanced her naturally stupendous eyes. “I’m quite used to living indoors for long periods of time however – the world isn’t really meant for people like me, even here in Gigantopia. Sometimes I wish I could go beyond our borders, but it’s forbidden. Still…”

“There is also plenty of wonders to see around here” stated Andrew, who was mollified by the way the Gigantic woman seemed to pour her heart out for him.

“Sure… but alone, I don’t see the point on squinting to look at rivulets of waters falling from little mountains and whatnot” she sighed – and Andrew realized she was probably really melancholic; he’d have to thank Eugene for the little pep talk he had given her, truly!

“Well… I’m not saying we could do all of them together but I guess that some of them would look even better with you around” he admitted slowly, searching his words and feelings.

“Really? You think that?” she asked him, and it was really touching to see how her whole face lightened up and her body language changed, as if those little words had given her a boost of confidence. “You’d go out with me? After all I did to you?”

“Well, I’d be the dumbest guy on Earth if I didn’t at least gave it a try” he replied, smiling shyly. “I mean, I know folks out there who would kill me if they knew I passed up on such an offer. And thanks to those big old flies around, everybody probably knows it now!” he chuckled, gesturing at the drones.

“You mean those gnats? They look even smaller than you – I didn’t want to offend you, by the way!” she hastily added, which was so ludicrous Andrew couldn’t help but laugh heartily. “And, uh… How does it work while we are in the Lounge? I mean we can’t really… you know?”

“Well, I guess we could officially start dating after it only” admitted the Normal guy.

“yes, you’re contractually bound to do naughty stuff with everyone” concurred Alice, which made the two of them snort and roll their eyes. “No really, it’s in the fine prints.”

“Way to ruin the mood Alice” grumbled Lindsey. “Just when it got really romantic.”

“A little too romantic. I don’t want to bet on what our viewers would like to see, but I think it’d involve less talking and more boobies” she retorted, and even Andrew had to admit she was probably right – but he didn’t said it aloud.

“I have boobs the size of hangars” stated Lindsey, cupping them – and threatening to collide with the skyscraper, which probably wouldn’t have been able to endure it. “And quite an ass. If you’d just film me from down here, I’m pretty sure the viewers would be happy. Even with the dress!” she added hastily as if she could read Alice’s mind.

“Yeah sure… Anyway, you two love birds can continue doing whatever you were doing” sighed Alice.

Andrew looked up at the face of Lindsey. The mood was indeed far from romantic now that they were reminded of how much they were monitored. Still, he had to admit it wasn’t exactly too bothersome – it was just another episode of the Lounge, only one he was safe and got to talk with someone he had an interest in and who reciprocated. The young man had some difficulties believing that it would last, of course, but at least it’d be something to look up to, literality and figuratively speaking, when he’d get out of the show.

“So… where would you like to go, if you could?” he asked her, as he nibbled at some braid, waiting for his salad to come in.

“I think I’d love to go see the Himalayas” she revealed, a strange, dreamy, smile on her face. “I mean, can you imagine it? The tallest mountains in the world! Even I would probably feel small. The Alps aren’t that bad, but frankly, their average size is somewhere around a little over a thousand meters! That’s not really what I’d call tall…”

“I would” he chirped, smiling at her now, amused if a little stunned that a thousand meters wouldn’t impress even a Gigantic – surely the sheer mass of the mountains ought to have let them stunned, at least a little?

“Someday I’ll invite you to my home” she snorted. “It’s carved into the Alps – the former Austrian ones, I liked the view better here and the former tenant had died… anyway! It’d maybe look impressive to you, no doubt about it I guess, but I only have a first floor, not a second! A thousands meters is really far too small for us to have one, it’s a little infuriating. I think the Lounge may be bigger than my home, to give you an idea.”

Andrew had a hard time reconciling the sizes she was speaking off with the fact that it could be small. A thousand meters tall seemed so incredibly massive, especially from up close! It was almost thrice the size of the tallest buildings still standing in the world! And those were mightily impressive in their own right! Of course, they were also quite puny compared to one Gigantic… Lindsey’s shoulders definitively were far larger than the building he was on, for instance, and it said nothing of her breasts, each of which was probably twice as large as the skyscraper’s largest portion…

“Well, I think you’d be disappointed then – for me, it’d still be incredibly massive!”

“Does the Lounge still seems ginormous to you, after all those weeks?” she asked him, raising an eyebrow in quite the enticing fashion. “Because I don’t think it does anymore from the way you behave and it’s larger than my humble abode. No matter what some peoples think about our supposed wealth” she added in a pointed way, clearly talking about Alice.

Andrew opened his mouth and then closed it. He had to admit that she had a point here. Viewers weren’t privy to it, but even on down days, when they weren’t filming a new episode of the show, they could wander around the Lounge. It wasn’t easy and in fact a lot of paperwork had to be filled so they could arrange for some schedule. You couldn’t get out of your room when you wanted, to avoid someone being crushed to death, basically – which wasn’t so bad, considering that Andrew’s room was at least thrice as wide as his whole apartment back home!

Nonetheless, it meant that he had had opportunities to wander around the Lounge and he had to admit that it wasn’t that – well – gigantic anymore. He doubted the producers would be able to make use of it in a future series and he was almost willing to bet it was just a stealthy way to make peoples long for a multi-sized hotel, but living here for weeks… Yeah, it wasn’t monstrously massive. It was easy to forget you were into one man-made mountain range in fact. Surprisingly so. The Lounge itself was probably something like six or seven kilometers long and at least two ups, it was a wonder he never saw clouds in there, he realized.

“You’re right, I guess I could get used to a Gigantic-sized home… Even if I’d never be able to navigate it on my own!” he laughed. “And I guess being with a Gigantic would also have its downs. Where would we rest for the holidays, after all?”

“Oh, we wouldn’t rest anywhere! I mean” she explained, clearly seeing his surprised face thanks to the lights of the restaurant, “you haven’t realized it yet, but us Gigantics covers a lot of ground when we want to! I could go up to what was Norway and back in the South of Italy in a day, really, if I put up my mind – well, okay, more two or three, but you get the idea!”

“No… freaking. Way” blurted Alice as she appeared on screen, letting the two improbable lovers fade in the background. “Can you believe it, someone going from one point of old Europe to another so fast? It’s… It’s mind-blowing, isn’t it? Anyway, no poll for next week, it’ll be the promised second part of Andrew’s trip on Lindsey instead. I hope you’ll enjoy it when it’ll come out!