- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

As the day ends, two students become closer as others learn and some break apart.

Chapter 17: Two Hearts (Becoming One)

Aerin sat in her room, alone. Normally she would have pre-occupied herself, but she felt weird and strange without her serv...frie..crush in her room. She really did like him, was this perhaps love?. But not one that was both ways. Who was he seeing? Did he meet someone else, was it someone from their class? WAS IT AMY! She thought, her mind in distress at the situation. She had never felt or had a feeling like this before, and it was crushing her emotionally.

Suddenly the door handle turned and Josh opened the door, Aerin raced from her position and towards him. She yelled "WHO IS IT, WHO DID YOU SEE" her face in tears. Josh was seriously freaked out, he only just walked in and Aerin was in tears, demanding answers. He then handed her something and said "The teacher...ah, surprise!" he said, in a flat tone. Not the ideal way to have presented his surprise.

Aerin looked down, she was holding...a picture frame. She looked, it was Josh's picture for her, framed and ready to hang. This is what he was doing the last 3 hours, a gift for her. "I knew you liked it and I thought, if you wanted it in here, you could have it. Else whatever you wanted, I can go stor-" Josh said, stopping as Aerin pulled his face down and kissed it. She then gave him a fake slap "You fool, you had me worried, I thought the worst, I thought.." she said. "Thought what?" Josh asked. "Thought you were cheating..on..me..with...someone" she replied, slowly getting quiet as she said it. Josh looked at her, confused. "But we aren't dating" he said. "THEN MAYBE WE SHOULD..I mean, if..if thats something you would want to do. No GAH THIS IS STUPID, YOUR STUPID" she yelled and screamed, her body and emotions in a flurry and her words both being screamed and being as quiet as a mouse. She then curled herself into a ball on the floor, embarrsed by her outburst. Josh approached her and covered her with his body, giving her a giant bear hug. He whispered into her ear "I would love to date you. I just never knew you were intrested or that I even could, you are royalty afterall". Aerin moved out of the ball and turned, repaying his hug with one from her, both connected in a giant hug. She whispered back "I have loved you since you first treated me so nice, I was just foreign to the idea. Of course we can date, silly. I may be royalty, but that just means I get to say what goes, rules can be changed". They remained in the position for several hours, embracing their love of their new relationship. 

Jack and Kairi walked into their room, Jack was flubbergasted from the view. Inside was a small single bed, with a child size sleeping bag beside it. "This is a joke right, your mother is one messed up person" he said, "no offense" he added. Kairi replied "She is a cold hearted bitch and this is just another screwed up scheme. We went from a tight squeeze to not together at all" she said. Jack approached the sleeping bag, it had a notepad with 'Jack' written on it. He picked it up, he could fit in it, but it only reached his chest. "This is a new low" he said. Kairi jumped on the bed, its size just accomodating her. "And this is barely big enough for me". They looked at each other before giggling at the situation "Lets figure this out later" Kairi said. "Deal, we have some catching up to do" Jack said, Kairi nodded.

They both sat on the floor, spending the rest of the afternoon talking. About their childhood, their favourite shows, their favourite animals and any pets and anything else that they could share and remember.

Aliesha and Tom entered their room, they were distant from themselves, neither talking. Tom went to sit on the couch, not turning on the TV. Aliesha sat on the bed, rubbing her arms in discomfort.

They did not talk the entire night and Tom slept on the couch, leaving Aliesha alone in bed.

Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed it.

 

Apologizes for any mistakes or errors.