- Text Size +

 

Envy: Cafe Catch Up

By VivettaVenray

 

(WARNING: Contains Omnipotence-themes, shrink, mind-altering/memory-erasing, vore and cruelty among other size stuff)

 

(NOTE: As said in the description, I figured I'd try and write stories at least loosely themed on one of the seven deadly sins [Pride, Greed, Wrath, Envy, Lust, Gluttony, Sloth]. "Seven Sinful Size Stories". This one has to do with Envy.

 

I can't promise that I'll complete the series nor when if I do. Also, it's almost certain I'll write other stories between these loosely themed ones. Still, I hope it’s a neat idea!

 

Lastly as a writing exercise, for this story I tried to avoid 'was' and 'were' anywhere outside dialogue. This was fun, but a bit awkward at times so my apologies in advance!)

 

--------------

 

Stacy sat the table smack dab in the middle of the single-floor cafe. The best spot in the joint, it had the perfect view of the rows of clean, tall arched windows looking out into the city street. Most of the franchise locations had that sort of “glass wall” style to them.

 

Whenever the young, blonde-haired woman went here, she always made sure to get this exact spot. Soon as she walked in, the people sitting there scooped up their half-finished orders, threw them in the nearby trash bin then walked out. The other dozen or so patrons watched curiously, but not so curious that Stacy felt like addressing it.

 

The season finally turned to fall, which meant she could swap to those comfy fleece-lined Woogg boots she loved so much without looking too out of fashion. She skipped on socks as usual. Her outfit for the day also included some tight black leggings and a bit of jewelry: a white-stone necklace and ring with a glass-like stone set in it. For her top, a maroon cowl-neck sweater sized so that the sleeves had just the right amount of looseness to comfortably lounge on her arms.

 

Arms crossed, she stared at the clock on the wall, tip-tapping her footwear against the wood-brown tiles of this particular Star Grounds location. Stacy looked less impatient and more just... ‘expecting’. Occasionally, she’d twist her boot and half-lid her eyes. This would prompt an odd look from the barista at the register. Stacy didn’t like her too much, though she couldn’t say why with words.

 

The clock struck 1PM and another fair-skinned young woman walked through the entrance. Her hair hanged short and amber-brown to Stacy’s longer blonder locks. She had on a black cardigan with big smooth tan buttons and a long-sleeve green layering shirt. She also wore a short, thin brown scarf and a red skirt down to her knees. Her leather strapped-sandals thwap’d against the tiles as she waltzed to the stool opposite Stacy and took a seat.

 

Stacy locked her blue eyes with the newcomer’s green ones.

“Right on time as always Nicole. Precise past the picosecond.” said Stacy.

“Yoctosecond actually.”

“I’m still technically correct and you know it.”

 

The two of them grinned at one another.

 

“It’s good to see you too Stacy. Why didn’t you order for us.” said Nicole.

 

“I was waiting for you.”

“I get the same thing every time.”

 

Stacy laughed.

 

“We both know the one time I’d have the nerve to order in advance, you’d suddenly want green tea instead of chai.”

 

Nicole smiled. Of course Stacy had been right.

 

“Well, you can’t say that for sure. You could if it was anyone else.” She smiled wider, to the point she flashed the perfect white of her teeth. “But not if it’s me.”

 

The red-haired Barista walked up to their table. She wore jeans and the typical green apron with the Space Grounds logo draped onto whatever unfashionable top she could afford.

 

Normally orders are made at the counter, but for whatever reason Taylor felt compelled to make an exception.

 

“Hi my name is Taylor. Can I get you two girls anything?” she beamed.

 

Stacy spoke first.

“I’ll have the fall spice latte please.”

“And I’ll have a chai tea, honey on the side. Thanks.” said Nicole.

 

“Sounds good. Can I get your names?”

“Stacy”
“Nicole”

 

“Great, I’ll be right back with your order!” said the barista. Taylor wandered back to the counter.

 

Nicole set her purse on the table and slid off her cardigan onto the back of her seat. Stacy’s gaze swapped to the purse, set right by hers. The subtle pattern in the fancy exterior put her mono-toned and smaller tote to shame.

 

“New purse huh. Don’t you think it’s a bit bulky?” said Stacy.

Nicole forced a smile.

“I think its fine. If anything yours is a bit small.”

 

Nicole cursed herself on the inside. Stacy’s own bag had a certain elegance to it. She should’ve brought one like that. She could shrink her daily carries anyways. The brown-haired woman panned her green eyes over Stacy’s outfit to try to find something to critique. She took a look at the necklace resting on Stacy’s neck. Gold chains with just the right amount of frill wrapped about Stacy’s graceful neckline towards an elegant moonstone which shimmered lightly with grey shiny dots.

 

Nicole really zoomed in on the details. She took a much closer look than anyone else did. On the inside, she felt impressed by it.

 

“Moonstone huh? Very daring.” she said.

 

Stacy rolled with the punch. “Thanks, it was creative to make.”

 

“You didn’t make that though really?” said Nicole.
“I at least put the pieces together.” said Stacy.

 

“So, green shirt and red skirt. It’s fall, not holiday season you know.” quipped Stacy.


Nicole smirked. “The green matches my eyes, and the red’s a nice contrast.”

 

“If you say so.” said Stacy.

 

Mid conversation, Stacy rolled her boot and did another smile with half-lidded eyes. Nicole seemed to grin at that, though before she could speak again the barista came back with the drinks and such.

 

“One chai tea, honey on the side.” The dishes clacked to the smooth laminated wood of the table. “And one fall spice latte.” she finished, setting the cup down.

 

Stacy stared at the side of her cup, unamused. Nicole started laughing.

 

“She spelled it Stacey.” said the blonde. Her pout faded when she scooched her right foot out of the boot just a tad. A hint of malice twinkled in her eyes.

 

--==--==--==--

 

Taylor took a couple more steps towards the counter before her world shifted in a flash. The cool air-conditioned climate of the cafe turned to a heavy, humid atmosphere. The counter disappeared, as did the walls of the cafe, its view out to the city street, as well as all the decor and patrons. Instead, thin, towering, ‘plants’ of white surrounded her. Each looming fiber stood the height of a five story building: perhaps more.

 

In lieu of the coffee scented perfume corporate pumped into the store, the red-head smelled the overwhelming odor of leather and... lavender? Taylor’s ears twitched. She heard the ambient jazz of the cafe still: albeit faintly and muffled.

 

She wandered a bit through the forest of alien-looking fibers. It seemed impossible to see ahead in the confusing dense of it all, though she had little trouble sprinting through this new environment. After 20 seconds of running about she stumbled upon someone else. The man in question wore a suit. He clenched his head in a fetal position.

 

Taylor stepped towards him with a slow carefulness. She set a hand to his shoulder. “Hey.” A gentle shake. “Hey what’s going on, do you know where we are here mister?”

 

“I just bumped into her! I didn’t mean to. I said I was sorry. It was a week ago. I don’t know where my wife is I...”

 

His voice grew softer to the point Taylor couldn’t hear him. She took a moment to look under her feet. Between the roots of the strange fluffy flora laid a soft, brown tan-toned material. It looked too strange and stiff to be dirt.

 

‘What the hell is this place’ she muttered.

 

A rumble rung out. The ground shook, and it occurred just now to the red-head that she ought to look up.

 

“Oh my god.”

 

Past the tops of the omnipresent thin fibers around her, she saw a pale and pink sky. Ridges and whorls decorated its surface. Then it hit her. The smell of leather and of lotion... She looked up to the ‘walls’ on either side of this new world and saw more fibers jutting horizontally like branches off a cliff-face.

 

“Wait, no no. It’s not. It can’t be.”

 

“Oh, you figured it out?” boomed a familiar voice directly into Taylor’s mind.

 

“Wait, you’re that blonde woman I just served. Is this-”

 

“My boot. Bingo. You figured it out quicker than most. Smart gal.” said Stacy.

 

The booming, droning rumbles carried on as the sky kept falling. The lavender scent drew closer: Stacy’s lotion from this morning. The air grew even more humid.

 

“I wait, I-don’t understand. That means, above me is-”

 

“My foot! Not that you’ll get another chance, but there’s no ‘E’ in my name. If you were really unsure you should’ve just asked.”

 

Screams, distant, echoed from far away.

 

“But, wait, how? I just served you, won’t people notice I’m missing?” said Taylor.

 

Stacy’s voice continued its assault on her senses.

 

“Far as the other customers know, you’re still there. In fact, there is a ‘you’ still there. I just cloned the real you and let it go back to work while stuffing you, the actual person who wrote my name wrong, into my boot.”

 

“I, what? I don’t get it. This has to be a dream I can’t be in a shoe-”

 

“First, it’s a designer Woogg boot--not just any shoe. And, you’re gonna be here a while: long enough to wrap your mind around things.”

 

“W-wait please I can’t die like this.” said Taylor.

 

“Oh you won’t have to worry about death anymore.” responded Stacy.

 

In just a few more seconds that foot came down. The tips of those fibrous ‘plants’ parted to make way for the indomitable sole above. The heat radiating off it got Taylor panting: though every breath came from the cloying boot atmosphere.

 

Taylor thought she’d die here stuck between the fleece lining of some snooty customer’s insole. No such luck. Instead, Taylor found herself mashed under immense weight. Her body cried out in protest, but she didn’t break. Pressure and a lack of air made up her fate as a smooth sole sealed her airways. Stacy wiggled her foot, and Taylor’s voice joined the chorus of specks screaming into muffled foot flesh.

 

--==--==--==--

 

Outside, only about 30 seconds had passed before Stacy wiggled her foot back into the boot. Soon after, she resynchronized the boot and reality’s flux of time. Nicole watched the outside of Stacy’s right boot. She didn’t need to look under the table to see of course. Instead, her normal eyesight fixated on Stacy’s facial expression: smug, half-lidded. The blonde woman purred quietly.

 

Nicole crossed her arms and leaned back. “Pfft, you were just looking for an excuse weren’t you? I could tell from the way you looked at her you didn’t like her much Stacy.”

 

Stacy smirked. “I don’t need an excuse, but they make things all the sweeter. In time she’ll blame herself for the misspelling, lament it. Maybe she’ll be one of the ones that makes an exodus to the tip of my insole, and starts kissing at my toes to make amends.”

 

Nicole shifted to stir her tea with her spoon. Stacy popped the lid on her foam cup so her own drink cooled faster.

 

“Is that what you want Stacy?”

 

“No, but it’s fun to tilt my foot and send them rolling back to the heel.” said the blonde.

 

“Maybe I should try that with my own vendettas sometime.” said Nicole.

 

Stacy let out a haughty laugh. “You’d have to wear something other than sandals then.”

 

“I like my sandals, they’re comfy. Plus, I can show off my new ‘polish’.”

 

Nicole stuck her foot out from under the table to its side and gave her toes a wiggle. Stacy saw it earlier: they each saw almost everything of course. Still, the young blond woman looked again so as not to make a weird scene. Atop each toe laid a complex pattern of iridescent swirls and sparkles. Mundane eyes would only think it a very expensive, detailed polish. Stacy knew better, even if she couldn’t peer inside on her own to be sure.

 

“I noticed, Andromeda I take it? Very original~” said Stacy. She gave her eyes a roll.

 

“The pinky toes are Milky Ways. Andromeda for the others though, yes.”

 

“I don’t think anyone will notice a difference in the pattern.”

 

“No one but us can notice there’s an entire galaxy in the bed of my toenails. That’s not why I do it.”

 

“Why do you do it then Nicole?”

 

“Same reasons you speckled those alien cities on your neck-stone there. The knowledge that countless lives rest so close to your flesh, aware and unable to strike against you.”

 

“The power trip huh?”

 

Nicole stretched her shoulders. “Well, that and sharing my superior tastes with you.”

 

Another scoff from Stacy.

 

“It sounds like you were critiquing my punishment for the Barista earlier.”

 

Nicole chuckled. “Please, even if I think it a bit tame I won’t lie to say it doesn’t have some appeal.”

 

Stacy blew on her surface of her latte. Outside, brown and red leaves rippled in the wind.

 

“You wanna see inside?” asked Stacy.

 

“If you don’t mind. I need your permission after all. Those are the ‘rules’.”

 

“Go ahead, I’ve lowered my protections for the one on the right.”

 

Nicole scanned the terrain of Stacy’s boot. The barista laid there, along with some train employees, random city-goers. Inside lingered maybe a few dozen overall, each scattered far about the ‘field’ therein. Each person grunted and strained beneath Stacy’s right foot as she shifted it here or there.

 

Across the table, Nicole turned to Stacy with a pout and a tsk.

 

“Only that many huh Stacy? Don’t tell me you’re getting soft.”

 

Stacy grinned wide. “Check the other boot. I just let you.” The blonde woman’s lower lip curled back to rest under the tips of her two front teeth.

 

Nicole raised an eyebrow and slipped her senses into the other shoe. That pout turned to a grin.

 

People stood everywhere in there, side by side packed like sardines. The density of their clumping had every single filament of fleece on the insole bent one way or the other. They squirmed and writhed and begged all beneath the foot above.

 

Knowing that Nicole started taking a peek, Stacy pressed down hard. A symphony of screams, hundreds of thousands strong, came out of the specks as they got themselves smushed deep. The boot’s owner wiggled and pinned with her unpainted toes, really driving the people within to the boundaries of their augmented durability. Each person had been shrunk to a most minuscule size--enough that a few even got their heads caught in a post-scrunch wrinkle.

 

None of the boot-stuffers suffered injuries of course. Why would Stacy break her own toys? On the outside, the blonde woman closed her eyes to drink in the sensation. The other patrons got a bit bewildered at the going-ons at their table: their thoughts said as much. The two women didn’t care, and continued chatting.

 

“I noticed they’re smaller in there than the boot on the right. Let me guess, you ran out of room and started shrinking them.” said Nicole.

 

“Mhmm” said Stacy. She had a bit of a purr to her voice. Beneath the table, she still fidgeted her feet to squeeze out more joy from her ‘massage’ team.

 

Nicole continued. “I also noticed some people in 1920s fashion?”

 

“Correct. I took a vacation to that time in another universe. It was fun, but people there could be rude you know?” said the blonde.

 

A moment later and Stacy revoked sense access to the items on her person. Nicole frowned.

 

“Aww, we were just getting to the good part.”

“Too bad~” teased Stacy.

 

The brown-haired woman rolled back her sleeves just a tad. She lifted up the small little thimble-cup of honey and poured a bit into her tea cup. She took a sip, and Stacy sipped her latte at the same time.

 

Stacy broke the peel of silence.

 

“You should let me see something of your own then.”

 

Nicole set her cup down and sighed.

 

“Stacy, you know I keep many who’ve spurned me in more private spots.”

“Well, how about a peek inside one of your toe galaxies then.”

“They don’t even know where they are though.”


Stacy gasped.

 

“And you had the gall to call me soft.” Stacy chuckled, then took another sip of her drink.

 

“Let them know then.” said Stacy.

“Hmmmm” Nicole leaned back in her chair and stretched her arms. As her tone vacillated, she wore a smug look on her face. “I don’t know~”

 

“Please, I just let you extend omniscience to my boot for a bit, its the least you can do.”

 

Nicole spoke as though it had been the tallest order in the omniverse. “Fine fine. Once your senses scry in I’ll let them all know. Coast is clear.”

 

Stacy pried at each toe till she found the one Nicole gave permission to pervade. A subtle little dig on Nicole’s part, to make her do a bit of work to find the right one. It ended up being the left pinky toe.

 

At once Stacy’s awareness expanded to the galaxy inside the digit. “Ok go ahead.” She said to Nicole, and at once a booming voice rattled the minds of every sentient super-speck trapped in the thin thickness of the toenail.

 

Nicole’s voice rung out across the entirety of that galaxy.

 

“Guess what~”, she said.

 

Then, she let them have it: the complete awareness of their position. Every sentient species learnt it at once. Nicole found this method easier than exhaustively telling and convincing a galaxy’s worth of toe decoration. Any and all sentient species in that particular copy of the Milky Way comprehended and believed their fate. She had to make them believe too: otherwise they wouldn’t, despite its truth. Humans aren’t the only stubborn souls in the Milky Way galaxies after all.

 

Every planet erupted into chaos. They floated here as the most minute decoration on some woman’s toe. The ego-shattering nature of the revelation sent even the most advanced alien empires into states of disarray and despair. Long time planetary neighbors declared intra-steller war because, fuck it: if they existed in some woman’s pinky toe nothing really mattered anyways.

 

Stacy drank in the sights and sounds and feelings and fears. Nicole had been kind enough to slow down time within the space of her pinky-toenail: an act which Stacy had to actively consent to regardless. As a result, while the two also stared at each other across the table for a short moment, a grand galactic drama played out in the confines of Nicole’s toe.

 

The weight of the awareness proved too much for many worlds. Some noble warrior alien species chose to detonate their planet’s core as they deemed that a better fate than being some cruel-hearted brat’s plaything. Sadly they wouldn’t get a choice, as Nicole didn’t like that bit of insubordination. Their planet gone, they’d spend the rest of their days floating idly in space, unable to find peace as their bodies froze, minds alert and awake through it all.

 

Since it existed as a copy of the Milky Way, “an” Earth floated around in there too. They arguably fared the worst. Waves of despair and rage sized every human within. The humiliation, the unfairness: it ate at people. Of course, a copy f Nicole and Stacy didn’t exist in there, but all the other billions trapped there on that particular planet instance just erupted into riots and wars and all sorts of maladaptive, desolate fervor.

 

The pair watched it all happen for 10 years, or 30 seconds, or both: it depended on perspective really.

 

Nicole grew bored of it. She broadcasted one more message to all the lesser beings inside. “Alright fun’s over. Time to reset. I don’t want all the stars you little things ruined messing up my ‘polish’ pattern.”

 

The short haired woman removed a single crucial protection she afforded the galaxy in that toenail: safety from her body heat. The spinning-star-collection, situated in the bed of her nail, became awash with intense heat. The temperature throughout that space went from void cold to boiling hot. Every single natural or unnatural structure dissolved into gas or plasma in an instant. One more instant later and, with a thought from Nicole, her little toe galaxy reformed back into order. Not a single soul within remembered what just happened.

 

And Stacy found her sense access to the region removed.

 

The design on Nicole’s pinky toe went back to its near-static, more-incognito pattern. Not a single soul other than Stacy and Nicole could tell there existed an entire galaxy ‘painted’ on the nail. To everyone else, it just looked like a cute and funky little design similar to the other exactly-matching ones on Nicole’s other toes.

 

A strand of Stacy’s hair slipped past her ear to rest on her cheek. She blew it back with a puff from her lips.

 

“Neat setup. I suppose I can tell why you don't have them aware all the time.” she said.

 

“Not all the time, just once in awhile. Good side entertainment when watching TV, you know.” said Nicole.

 

Each woman, jealous of the other’s inventive toying tactics, said nothing more. Instead, each took another swig of their cups. Still warm, given how little time passed in the galaxy that mattered.

 

Two simultaneous sighs later,

 

“So, how are things with... Brad was it?” said Nicole.

“Oh I haven’t dated Brad in awhile.” said Stacy.

“Something wrong with him?”
“I didn’t like how stingy he was about sharing his hoodies.”

 

The two had a chuckle.

 

“But no that wasn’t a deal breaker. I just got bored with him.” said Stacy

 

Nicole’s eyes went wide and she chuckled. “Again huh? Well who’s after Brad?”

 

“Jill.”

“Oh back to women again?”

 

Stacy took another dainty sip of her latte and nodded.

 

“Mhmm. But I broke up with her too.”

 

Nicole laughed again. “Bored?”

 

“Nah she was amazing in bed. She sung in the shower though; awful voice. I called it off.”

 

“Don’t tell me... you’re single?”

 

“Oh no.” Stacy laughed. “I’m with a nice dark-haired woman now. Grace.”

 

“Wew, you scared me there for a second.” Nicole chuckled then sipped her tea again. “You don’t miss them? I remember you were with Brad for quite some time.”

 

“Oh no, you know I keep all my ex’s close to my heart. Well, finger~”

 

Stacy flashed that ring on her right hand. A simple design with a clear glass-like sphere. The glass sphere had what looked like a ‘picture’ of trees inside it: like one of those novelty rings. The actual inside of the ring consisted of a whole other world. A long, endless verdant field filled with lush grass and fruitful trees.

 

Stacy kept her exes there: forever. Brad and Jill, the most recent entries, found it difficult to adjust. Such a paradise beat an eternity in her shoe though. She reminded the people there about that now and again. New arrivals there quickly learned how she controlled all things as the god of that Eden. They learnt gratitude.

 

“So,” Stacy began, “What about you? How’s dean?”

 

Nicole frowned. “You won’t believe this, but I caught him cheating.”

 

Stacy gasped, hands clutched over her heart.

 

“No way.” she said.

 

“Well, I didn’t walk in on them or anything. Obviously he doesn’t know what I’m capable of, so he was at a friend’s place one night. One thing led to another and he slept with this ‘Kelly’ woman. Some dumb blonde.”

 

Stacy raised an eyebrow. She looked upset for a moment, but then the swath of humanity in her left Woogg boot fidgeted just right and that took her mind off the implication.

 

Nicole snickered. “No really that wasn’t a dig. I mean it. She was dumb as rocks. I compared her intelligence to everyone I’ve met. Bottom tier.”

 

“Well, what’d you do with her?” said Stacy, leaning in for a bit of gossip. Their omnisciences had limits after all.

 

Yet another smirk formed on Nicole’s face. She picked up the little cup of honey and gave it a swirl. “Check it out.” she said, clearly indicating she lowered the protections the two put on their bodies and belongings.

 

Nicole tipped more of the honey into her tea, savoring the psychic screams of the cheating woman who’s consciousness fractured across the golden viscid sweetener. Kelly didn’t get the luxury of having a cloned consciousness. Hers split across every discrete separation of honey. Kelly existed in the honey cup as part of herself, and then another part still swirled in the boiling hot tea water that Nicole just brought to her lips. Though Stacy couldn’t see inside Nicole’s body, nor Nicole into hers, the blonde thought nearly certain that there’d be other pieces of Kelly simmering away in Nicole’s stomach, soon to be lost forever.

 

Before coming back again of course.

 

Stacy had figured out the trick. Internally quite impressed, she’d never dare show it. “Ah, so you’ve been putting her in your food and drink over the coming days.”

 

“Mhmm” confirmed Nicole, taking another savoring sip of her tea and the effective ‘soul’ within. “I put her in my eggs this morning, the orange juice. Not just that but if I feel like a mint I’ll make sure she’s in there too. I didn’t put her in the tea as tea though, I wouldn’t want to sully good chai that way.”

 

“And how long are you gonna keep that up.”

Nicole spoke curtly, “Long as I feel like it, as usual.”

 

Stacy smiled. “What about Dean then?”

 

“I took pity on him. He’s with the others.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Well, I did shove his consciousness into my panties for a week or so first but, eventually, yeah with the rest.”

 

“Naughty~” said Stacy.

 

--==--==--==--

 

Dean stumbled into others now and then. He never saw the same face twice really. The young man wandered an endless world of pink flesh. Pulsing, slimy pink under his feet and far as he could see. He couldn’t gleam the passage of days in there: an endless sourceless light saw to that. Of course, it’s not as though she’d let them sleep regardless.

 

The saccharine scent wafting about monopolized his sense of smell. No need to eat, but he had an endless thirst. His throat wracked with a dry soreness. Nicole had a monopoly on the only fluids around.

 

For a time, he stubbornly refused to drink his ex’s juices. But, death from thirst never came. Dean also tried to escape once or twice: no luck. He had been shrunk small enough that the scenery seemed to extend forever. Even if he got close enough to her outer lips he’d just get warped back; one of the others said that happened to him.

 

Dean eventually gave in like the rest.

 

That’s what Nicole wanted. The thirst kept them licking and rubbing in there. She’d of course tease herself too. She slid her finger in there now and then. Each time they’d panic and hug the walls or floor and try not to get smashed by that divine pillar. They couldn’t be injured, let alone die, but it still hurt.

 

Normally the numerous ex’s within the woman’s quim heard only muffled, booming sounds from the outside. Right now, as she talked with Stacy, Nicole let it all through. The myriad men trapped within her sex all heard the chat, even though the topic concerned Dean mostly.

 

He heard about Kelly’s fate and how casually Nicole thought of him now. He so regretted cheating on her. It consumed his thoughts for much of his stay here--before the building despair started to use up that space in his head.

 

Yet, now he knew he had been likely to end up here anyway. A small silver lining, he thought, as he rubbed his hands against a slick bit of pussy flesh. He felt this spot a good one for sure. All the fluids helped his throat a bit, but the ones from when Nicole got excited soothed the best. If he could just please her well enough; if he could just find the next good spot then he’d be able to appease the aridity of his throat just for a bit.

 

--==--==--==--

 

“You ever considered dating women?” said Stacy, mostly as a joke.

 

“Not interested.” said Nicole.

 

“You could make yourself interested though.”

 

Nicole scoffed. “Yeah, but then I’m modifying my own sense of self. That’s a slippery slope and you know it. That’s why you don’t do it either. Otherwise, we could make ourselves attracted to breathing or atoms or something and just be constantly aroused, you know?”

 

Stacy took another small sip of her latte. The drink felt a bit hot so she blew on it again. More leaves twirled in the breezes outside the cafe windows.

 

“Fair point. I was mostly teasing. That said, I don’t understand how you can contain yourself from just moaning all the time with a swarm of cute guys in your snatch.” said Stacy, bluntly.

 

“Sometimes I don’t.” said Nicole with a grin. She poured more honey-plus-Kelly into her tea and took a sip. “I’m sure you’ve noticed the spatial-temporal distortions here and there.”

 

“Yeah there was a fuss at the ‘Shower and Self Works’ down on Sapote Avenue the other day.”

 

Nicole raised her hands. “Guilty. Something about those sweet smelling soaps makes me feel right at home.”

 

“Fair enough. A bit shameless though I’d say.” said Stacy, her volume trailing down towards the end there as she worked in that dig.

 

The green-eyed woman took another sip. “You’re one to talk though.”

 

Stacy sat more upright. “I beg your pardon?”

 

“I mean, you were almost gushing from a foot rub in your boots.” said Nicole. She leaned in, eyes squinting a bit.

 

Stacy gasped. “Are we really doing this here, now?”

 

The blonde woman dipped her coffee straw into her latte. A vast quake wracked the cityscape outside as a great pillar of black plastic pierced from the heavens. It loomed miles in the distance. As Stacy stirred her drink, the monolithic straw outside grinded into the Earth to mimic the motion. It burst through buildings with tremendous ease and wafted the scent of fall-spiced coffee through the city.

 

The new Taylor took to cowering behind that front counter. The patrons inside the cafe grew real concerned. A few rushed to leave only to find themselves back in their seats soon as their hand touched the door’s handle.

 

Nicole spoke in a condescending tone. “Aw, poor Stacy gets upset and takes it out on the city. Nothing new there.”

 

At this point, the patrons knew these women responsible. Hard to believe, but one burly man did for sure. He rushed over to try and tackle the blonde, then shrunk to the size of a fly in the air and hovered over her latte. He fell in, naturally, and washed down Stacy’s throat with her next sip.


Stacy sighed. “Sounds like you just don’t want to compete on that front. You know I’m more creative with destruction.”

 

Nicole lifted her tea to her mouth. Rather than sip, she slid her tongue in. As the muscle dipped into that warm tea, it touched down to the city out the window as well. A flood of tea filtered off her tongue to wash over much of the city. Her taste-buds filled the sky and the slightly bumpy surface of her tongue stripped the city-streets nearby. Entire blocks got lapped into her maw before it disappeared from the city sky. She swallowed, leaving behind a thick coating of saliva outside. Some splashed on the windows even, prompting a few screams from those ever annoying patrons inside. The cafe itself stood unharmed.

 

“Wow a lick I’m so impressed~” said Stacy. Deep down, she did wonder why she hadn’t thought to do that simple, but clever, idea before.

 

“You self-absorbed snob.”

 

“I admit I’m self-absorbed. I invest in the best after all: me” said Stacy. She pointed to herself, grinning with pride.

 

“As. If.” said Nicole.

 

The short-haired woman curled her toes into her sandal and the world outside rumbled again. She waggled her foot side to side within the confines of the footwear’s straps. Such slight movements, projected onto the outside world, sheered the tectonic plates under the city. What few buildings remained got swallowed into the rifts that formed. The tumult kicked up the waves from the nearby coast which began to wash over the streets. They parted around the cafe of course.

 

Stacy rose to the challenge. She leaned up on the table a tad and gave her left foot a shake. All the people she had trapped there bopped and flew around to bump into her soles just right. That lovely massaging sensation hit the nerves of her naked sole. Stacy closed her eyes and unleashed a shameless, exaggerated moan.

 

“Aaah~”

 

Humid fall-spiced breath ripped over the entire planet. The gale’s ferocity outright tore the Earth apart. The outside view ripped away into atoms. The city disappeared along with the crust of the air and the atmosphere; Stacy’s latte breath engulfed it and ripped it away along with the planet’s magnetic field. The scenery outside the windows now showed cold empty space. Yet, the lights, music, machines and air in the cafe remained just as functional as before.

 

Another patron, a young woman, stopped huddling in her corner seat and raised her face. “Please you two whatever you’re doing stop. I don’t understand but-”

 

Nicole raised her finger in the woman’s direction. Without facing her, the green-eyed woman spoke a word.

“Shush.”

 

And with that the interruption smeared into the wall of the cafe as a black woman-shaped outline of burnt ash.

 

After that, the rest of the patrons shut right up.

 

Nicole seethed. Stacy did too. The blonde had to wipe out the entire planet to try and top that toe quake. Neither wanted to be seen as the lesser here.

 

“You think you’re so smart huh?” said Nicole, as she went in for an attack.

 

Stacy did as well.

 

The patrons couldn’t see it. No other beings in the omniverses could comprehend how the two women battled. The entire extent of their powers ran into each other. The battlefield took place not in a physical realm or even their minds. The battlefield instead took place in an abstract sense beyond the understanding of lesser beings. Raw, unadulterated reality warping powers mashed into each other. As usual, both sides came out evenly matched. In the end, no loss nor win sprung forth before they stopped.

 

Stacy huffed. “Oh if I could redo things and go into that machine all by myself.”

 

Nicole grinned. “Please, you were so scared you begged me to step in with you.”

 

“You had the opportunity to take it all for yourself too, but you didn’t. You were scared too Nicole.”

 

Nicole wouldn’t admit Stacy’s correctness here, nor would Stacy hers. So, the brown haired woman switched gears.

 

“I bet it eats at you, you could’ve had all the power to yourself. You could’ve been the only one.”

 

“Same goes for you.” said Stacy. She crossed her arms.

 

“Oh the things I’d do to you if you were lesser.” said Nicole.

 

“Same goes for you.” said Stacy, again. She uncrossed an arm to sip her latte before slipping the limb back in place.

 

Nicole spoke, “I’d stuff you in a single pore of my foot. It’d be a fucking galaxy to you: a fucking universe.” She scrunched her toes at the thought. A sip of her tea soon followed. Almost empty.


Stacy took another swig of her beverage.

 

“I’d have you wander inside my cunt like one of your ex’s. However much you shrink them, I’d make you smaller. You’d be small enough to hump a single sensory nerve in there. I won’t even need to make you: you’ll want to.” said Stacy, leaning over the table.

 

By now the patrons felt completely helpless and out of their league. They huddled in a corner out of fear and made themselves seem as small as possible.

 

Nicole leaned in herself and spoke. “Forget just one pore. I’d clone you for every single pore on my skin. Maybe have one of your for every white blood cell in my body too. That way, I could relish them absorbing you over and over. Every death followed by a revive. No rest for the wicked, after all.”

 

Stacy smiled wider. “I’d cover every square nanometer of my clit with copies of you. Then, I’d just run a big bangs worth of energy over there, over and over, to feel you break at speeds you can’t even comprehend due to how long and short they are at the same time. You’d die to the paradox before the force half the time.”

 

They stared at each other, silence lingered. Nicole’s eyes trailed to Stacy’s latte cup. The blonde woman swirled it around in her hand and a bit of it splashed to the rim.

 

“Hey careful you don’t want to ruin your sweater.” said Nicole.


Stacy paused. “Oh, thanks.” Another moment of silence. She pursed her lips to the side.

 

“Look I’m really sorry about Dean, that wasn’t cool.”

 

Nicole waved her hand forward. “Oh it’s fine. I met someone else anyways.”

 

Stacy gasped. “Oh you did?”

 

“Mhmm, at the Shower and Self Works I was talking about. His name’s Rocky.”

“Congrats. Is he cute?”

 

“Very. He was taken at the time but I just fixed that with a thought. He fell for me soon after. You’ll see him at Hannah’s party tomorrow.”

 

Stacy gasped again. “Oh that’s right. You know, your scarf is cute. It reminded me: I was thinking of wearing a sort of ascot to the party. That’s usually a guy accessory but I thought of a twist on it to make it more fitting for me. Do you think I could pull that kind of thing off?”

 

Nicole giggled. “I think so. You’ve impressed me with your wardrobe before I must admit.”

 

“Really?” said Stacy.

 

“Mhmm” said Nicole.

 

“Well thanks. You too. I’m not too into skirts but you wear them well.” said Stacy.

 

“Thanks so much” said Nicole.

 

The two looked into their cups: not much left.

 

“We should probably fix the world and all that.” said Stacy.

 

“Agreed” said Nicole.

 

“Wanna do it together?” said the blonde.

 

Nicole giggled again.

 

“Sure.”

 

They both raised their fingers and snapped: for show of course. The cityscape returned, as did the planet it rested on and the atmospheres and whatnot surrounding it. All the patrons came back alive, not a memory of what occurred.

 

They each drunk the last bit of of their drinks and Taylor the barista--not the shoe one, but the new one--walked back from the counter just in time.

 

“Here’s the check” she said. Again, she didn’t question why she brought the card reader to them instead of them paying in advance like every other patron always had to.

 

They swiped their cards and stood up. Nicole slipped on her coat and each grabbed their purses.

 

“See you tomorrow then.”

 

“See you then!”

 

The two exited the Star Grounds and went separate directions into the city. Each warped back to their homes once they tired of walking. Stacy tired of it a bit later, given that she had the pleasant sensations of people bumping into her feet with every step.

 

Back at their mundane homes--as opposed to the innumerable realities each ruled more directly on the side--each of the two women had the same thought on the other.

 

“What a jealous person.”

 

Fin