- Text Size +
Story Notes:
i changed the title... its very late... my first shot... may finish it some day.

Chronicles Of A Shrunken Man

 

PROLOGUE

It wasn’t always like this for me. I used to be a normal man. Well I say that, but to me the word has no meaning anymore. I used to be an average 6ft something guy, sporty build. You know, that kind of shit. Now I’m about the size of a flea. Well I used to be but that was months ago. But again I cant be certain of that, time seems to bare very little relevance to me now. I figure that I should tell somebody about my misadventures before I’m killed by something monstrous. So while I’m squatting in my hiding place, the best place to start would be from the start. I’m most positive that your all wondering how I came to be of this size. I’m not sure how small I am but I’m pretty sure that soon I may be able to wonder through the world in its particle state. Well its somewhat of a mystery to me too. But I think it had something to do with somebody at a lab. I’m sure I’m the only person in the world to be at my unfortunate size but never the less I had to try and get help. So let me begin The Chronicles Of A Shrunken Man.

Chapter 1 – the beginning

My journey began about 3 years ago. I was an average guy, with a shitty office job. I work the night shifts. I was the screen, the blinding light. I was the dude they got to sit up all night writing the reports, so the morning staff would come in at 9 am while I would go home and sleep. I’m not sure what day it was but on that particular day I was sent off for an assignment. It didn’t really want to go but there was a nice bonus package attached to it. I figured I could use the bonus for a nice vacation. Somewhere expensive. I’d never had a day off in the 10 years I had been at the company. I stared working after I had finished school. I’m 29 now so I had a lot of vacation time saved up. But looking back on it now, I wished I turned down the assignment. But there isn’t no point in crying over that is there.

I was supposed to write a report on the creations of NanoTech. This was a top-secret organisation that nobody knew two fucks about. This was a great opportunity. I would have exclusive rights to this company. If I played my cards right, in 4 years I could end up the chairman of the company. I drove up to the security checkpoint. I flashed my clearance badge and drove up the road. After about 4 miles I was beginning to think the myths about this place where true. Some people say they send people who know too much out to this place to die. That was sort of why I didn’t want to go. I kind of knew too much. When the flying saucer crashed in Roswell, I knew the truth about that. I also knew about a lot of top-secret government information. I mean why do you think I worked nights. I had super computers at my disposal, there was nothing the government could keep secret from an elite hacker such as myself. Then the road started to dip. I was driving down a road to nowhere with desert either side of me as far as I could see. The humming of the engine and the air con, seemed to suit the mood with a crystal clear deep blue sky beating sun down on my metallic transport I saw it.

As the road dipped, over the horizon I saw what appeared to be a cloud, but the more I drove on, the more of the cloud appeared. Then I noticed it wasn’t a cloud at all. It was a dome. I was overjoyed at the site of this colossus monument to architecture. Then I drove up to another security clearance. The guard told me to stop. So I sat in the seat of my car and waited for something to happen. He just simply stated they where on test alert alpha and I didn’t have the correct clearance so I would have to stay put.. Then in the front me I saw a spec moving toward me, getting bigger and bigger. It was another vehicle. It stopped at the side of me and a voice yelled “the core is going to explode get the fuck out of hear!” then it drove off.

I looked at the guard as if for permission to go, but to my horror he produced a gun and blew his own head off. I was frozen in shock and I couldn’t move. Looking through my windshield the huge white dome suddenly exploded into a mushroom cloud. Then a blue wall raced from the apocalypse I saw before me. Fearing for radiation poisoning I instinctively turned the car around and pushed the pedal flat. Looking in the mirror I could see the blue wall chasing me. It was gaining on me fast. I booted the car into 6th in a desperate attempt to escape. The wall started to decrease. It wasn’t a wall anymore but mere fence. Then the gas ran out and thee car started to slow down. The blue light gained on me, the car ground to a halt. Suddenly the blue light engulfed me. It sent a strange tingling sensation throughout my body. Then the light continued on for a few meters then it seemed to disappear. A few more meters and I would have been fine.

I got out of the car and filled the tank using the gas in the boot of the car. I was driving out into the middle of the dessert so I came prepared. I then happily drove away and thought about putting all this behind me. I could just imagine the shit id get back at the office tonight. Then I figured fuck it, IV got 10 years of paid vacation due my way. So I took it.

It was the first day of my vacation. I had saved enough over the years to take 6 months off. So I was happy. For the first time in years I woke up at around 11.30 am. It was sweet. I turned on the tele and sat watching cartoons. At about 3.30 pm I took this time to get dressed. I noticed that my jeans where a little baggier than usual but thought nothing of it.

I lived in a 5 bed roomed shared house with Vickie, Helen, Tony and Pete. They where all students, as I was when I moved in the to this place, but I never moved house. After I got my job I bought a share in the house. Over the years I actually managed to buy out the others and really the house was mine. But they paid me rent. I make enough money so I charge them all £70 a month. That covers there electric and water and shit. But between you and me, for all the party’s they trough 6 nights a week it was more of an asshole tax. But we became friends and that was the most important part. Anyway I’ll skip all the crap and get to the good part. It was a few days since id been exposed to the blue light and I hadn’t had a shower. I was on vacation and figured I could do what I wanted. I jumped in and turned on the taps and the warm water hit me. If felt good. Vic then walked in on me and looked all embarrassed, so I invited her in with me. She was a red head, 24 years old. And boy was she sexy. She stripped off to reveal her pail, milky skin sprinkled with freckles. She joined me and we washed together. I could have taken further advantage of this as we had always had a soft spot for each other. But I didn’t. She left the shower dried off and went about her business. The second she left. I felt the strange tingling sensation, as if the blue light was back. I stepped out the shower and walked over to the sink to brush my teeth but it was different today. I found myself having to stand on my tiptoes to see into the mirror. Then I realised the baggie clothes. And a horrific thought set in. but I didn’t believe it. It wasn’t possible.

That night I hadn’t told anybody about what I thought but I had the worse nights sleep. I had dream after dream or should I say nightmare. The first dream I had I found myself in the kitchen. I was the size of a grain of salt, maybe smaller. Looking up at the counter it seemed miles high, like a skyscraper, a mountain. I looked up and the kitchen light hung there like it could have been the sun. I felt the earth move as a pounding came from the distance. I was in the middle of the kitchen floor. Then I saw a huge foot and a shin approach. I couldn’t make out the rest of it as it was too far in the distance. As it drew closer I recognised to shoes. They were Vickie’s. She walked closer to the kitchen pounding her giant feet to the ground. To me, they where the size of cities. She stopped for a moment and I ran toward her screaming for her attention. But she didn’t even notice me and why would she? I looked up and could barely see her face as her breasts where blocking my view. But I could make out she was chewing on something. Suddenly I saw a mass of crumbs many times the size of my house falling down and crashing all around me. I was lucky I wasn’t hit. I then realised I had to get out of the way. She couldn’t see me. I started to run away as fast as I could. Then I heard another gigantic thump on the ground. She was moving. My life was in danger and there was nothing I could do except run. Another crash to the side of me. I was in-between her feet. I figured I was safe as she took a few more steps away. I could hear running water. She was at the sink apparently washing her hands. She turned and was facing me again. I started to run. But she was shacking her hands to dry them. Suddenly I was hit by something and was knocked to the ground. I then realised it was a drop of water. I may as well have been in a swimming pool. I was on my back and I couldn’t move. Vickie was walking toward me again. THUMP, THUMP, THUMP her foot was right above me. I was screaming for my life but she couldn’t hear me. I tried to move but the water I was stuck in held me in place. Her foot came down closer. Blocking out the light. She was about to crush me and she wouldn’t even feel it. I suddenly woke screaming in a cold sweat. I couldn’t let this happen to me.