- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:


Footsteps. The booming footsteps that belong to Lauren wouldn’t stop. It felt rather endless. At last, salvation had come for the tinies under the bed. Lauren had finished putting her groceries away. Still, the two tinies under the bed would hold one another, the direction of her purple-socked feet would be stomping towards their direction. Fear. That’s what they both felt. The powerful impacts of her feet would become quite intense just when she walked passed them after the restroom. This being the first time they’re on the floor, they realize how dangerous it can be. The socked feet would be staring at them as they were at attention, Lauren began to turn herself around as the toes of her feet would face away from the tinies and her heels would be facing them.


Suddenly a sudden shift on top of them would be heard as the springs on her bed would signal that someone was sleeping on top of them, her feet no longer to be seen. It caused a weary feeling for Tristian as the paranoia struck if that bed would hold her or not. For sure it would, it was just the perspective of how things were…you couldn’t be too careful of what’s happening around you. He let go of Kelly and gestured a hand to follow. He held Kelly’s hand as they began to walk out from under the bed. Once again they began walking out from the open, being so little and insignificant that they wouldn’t be seen by the naked eye. Tristian knew where to go from here. That would be the kitchen area. Surely there had to be something.


They began the journey, it was a bit of a wait but it was for a good reason. The apartment was compact, meaning that it would be an assumption for them not to take long to reach the other side. Well, unfortunately at this scale it was well over an hour trip. It was dreadful to think about. From the start of the journey, it wasn’t terrible. But there was rather dust, lint, a piece of hair wherever it came from lingering around the floor. Then there were some shirts and other discarded clothing. It was best not to get involved with Kelly around. Behind them they saw the big bed, where Lauren would be lying down, however, her upper body positioned up to the sound of a loud TV would be heard that she had on her wall. Didn’t seem like Lauren was the active type.


“...She doesn’t seem like the active type. This floor…it’s filthy…” Kelly complained. Taking glimpsed behind her as she stared at Lauren with disgust. Still, could she blame her? These were details you could overlook at a normal scale. But she should consider cleaning the floor once in a while. In Kelly’s opinion, that’s how it should be. “There are better things to worry about Kelly. We’re going to need food. We need to head towards her table, that way we’ll be out of the crosshairs of her feet and maybe find something there.” Tristian said with his plan. “Yeah, but what if we don’t find anything? It would be a waste of a trip, you know.” Kelly said. “Shit out of luck I guess. But that means we keep looking.” He said, leading on. Kelly didn’t know if this was a good idea, well, that’s what her mindset was the whole time since the shrinking happened. But her boyfriend was able to keep them alive. It sure was better being here than on the bench so far. At least Tristian thought at least.


Lauren thankfully wouldn’t seem to budge much, in fact seemed like she was dozing off from whatever was from her show. Kelly took a look back, for some reason she was observing this woman closely. She was a danger to deal with after all. Her head would be turned to the side as her arms would relax, her right arm folding across the stomach regions of her body. A sleepy woman, she was in this state. Which was good. “...I think the woman fell asleep…” She said as she caught up to Tristian. The walk was long enough that a normal-sized being could fall asleep for some time. “That works for us. Less to deal with…” He said this walk is a pain in the ass. They had to be under a Centimeter tall. Big enough to fit inside a single Cheerio. This journey took in fact over an hour if not two. They weren’t prepared for this. They were just reaching the tables now.


Tristian’s legs felt sore, the fact they had to walk back…this was nuts. How could they get anywhere in a timely manner? “...Tristian…” His girlfriend spoke up and took her boots off as it felt more comfortable to walk on her bare feet. “...I…I need to pee…” She said with embarrassment. She seemed to be holding it in for a while. Great. Guess this had to come sooner or later. He turned around and faced her as her legs rubbed together, he didn’t want to watch her go. The flashback about the bathroom earlier trickled into his mind again. He shook his head as he walked again. “Just go. I won’t watch.” He said. “W-What? I…I can’t just piss on her floor!” She said to protest his suggestion. Not like she had any other choice. “Well, then you can ask the Miss Giant over there to help you use the toilet then. You don’t have any other choice, and I will have to do the same eventually…” Tristian said, not trying to sound like an asshole but he had to be honest with her.


Still, she held it in a little longer. She at least would like to use ‘privacy’ of this and not just piss out in the open. Finally, reaching the small square table, they would approach the legs. Kelly made a face towards one of the dark wooden chair legs, she waved out to Tristian. “I’m going, I’m going! Don’t go on without me!” She called out, her figure hiding behind the chair leg as Tristian stood there and waited, looking away like he said. Instead, he stared at the sleeping giant. Little weary once again that she would awaken soon. That is the speculation. They didn't know the normal life of this woman.


Kelly finally would get the chance to relieve herself. It was embarrassing she was doing this, her face going red as she would pop a squat once her leggings were removed and would begin to let loose of her liquid that would splash down on the wood. Unfortunately at this rate, this is how things were going to be. There was nothing to do. Unless they improvised. But right now that wouldn’t be on Tristian's mind. Finally, she felt good again. She came back to Tristian with her leggings and boots back on as she looked back with an arm around her shoulder, rubbing it with shame. Tristian nodded and gestured to her to come along as they held hands again. Usually, Tristian had some witty comment to say, but he behaved for now as this wasn’t a joking matter anymore. He was starving.


The two tinies began to walk around underneath the table, scavenging what they could find. Damn, there wasn’t anything they could see. Something was visible on the horizon in some ways. Was it food!? Tristian would take a closer look, Kelly following as well as they had to take what they could. Though Tristian slowed down as they closer they got the less appealing the food looked like. The thing was, it wasn’t food. It looked like it had wings, but it wasn’t moving. It was dead. This was the first encounter they had come across related to a bug. “What the fu-” He said as he was interrupted. 


“IT’S A FLY! THAT’S FUCKING DISGUSTING! EW!” She screamed as she waved her hands, flapping them as she looked away, shaking her head. The most disgusting thing about it was that it was bigger than them! Hell, they could ride on it if they could. Tristian became tense, both about the fly and the fact his girlfriend wigging the fuck out again. “Kelly! Stop! It’s dead!” He said, trying to convince her it was nothing to be worried about. It probably was harmless either way when it was alive. It was probably a different reason why Kelly was freaking out. It was disgusting looking at this scale. Tristian however got closer to it, grossed out, no, creeped out even as this thing was dead on its side. It was unreal. Kelly couldn’t believe he was getting closer to that thing. “ARE YOU FUCKING CRAZY? GET AWAY FROM IT!” She shouted from a distance. Why would he get closer!?


Tristian would soon obey his girlfriend, there would be other things to worry about currently. Plus getting his girlfriend to silence would be a true blessing right now. He walked away, walking up to her again. “Okay! Okay! Fucking stop yelling! I just wanted to get a closer look.” He said. “i-I don’t fucking care. I just want food Tristian…and getting away from this..fucking…that fucking thing! Okay!? Go! Let’s go!” She said as her arms folded across her chest as she walked. Guess his girlfriend was now leading the way? He shrugged. Did she even know where to go? Well, he didn’t either. But she began walking towards the cabinets.


Walking underneath the chair that Lauren’s coat would hang from the back of, Kelly continued to lead on, she didn’t seem to want to discuss much of anything else. It felt tense for Tristian. Is he dealing with this romance crap despite all that was happening? This girl. He loved her but damn. This was nothing he should be worrying about right now. “Hey, Kelly…we need to cut this act. I know you’re pissed back there…I don’t know why…” Did he need to say sorry that he wanted to look at the dead bug? Kelly, oh Kelly. Why were you like this?


“I don’t care about it anymore, Tristian. I want food. That’s all I want. Water would be nice too. I don’t know what to fucking do about it. I DON’T WANT TO DIE HERE!” She turned and raised her voice. “Okay, Okay! Damn, I get it! Yelling at me is going to waste your energy, we need to remain calm. Okay, babe? Just…lead the way…go where your instincts lead you. They might be better than mine.” He did want to take note that they had to walk back to that very bed as well. Which was troubling. The sense of time was rather non-existent ever since they were reduced in size.


They would be out in the open once again, being in her kitchen. A familiar danger would appear once again, however. Lauren would give out a few audible coughs as she began to rise herself out of bed. It seemed Lauren was up from her unexpected nap. The tinies were in a mess right now, only given a few choices. Ultimately there would only be one that would benefit or cause a mistake in their survival.


Lauren’s fuzzy purple socks began to move onto the floor, beginning to stand fully as the figure gave another stretch as she began walking towards the kitchen. The tinies didn’t know what to do. Lauren began to walk towards them as the ground began to shake very intensively.


Boom. Boom. BOOM. BOOM. BOOOM.


This would be the most intense sensation and hearing they have dealt with. “What do we do!? TRISTIAN WHAT DO WE DO!? WHERE DO WE GO!?” Kelly started freaking the fuck out again as she gripped her boyfriend's shoulders, shaking him back and forth. “I-I-JUST RUN SOMEWHERE!?” He broke his cool, he didn’t know. They both began to run, however, running in separate directions. This would be a problem for both of them. Once they would be separated, how would they know where to meet up again!? “KELLY! THIS WAY! FOLLO-” Tristian said as he had an idea where to go, under the cabinets. However…


BOOM.


Suddenly a fuzzy purple wall appeared in front of him, knocking him down on his feet as his right foot stepped between the two tinies. Separating them. It was unknown if Kelly got the message or if she was killed from that step. He became numb as his mind went blank and hoped that Kelly made it out alright. He would be lying on his back as he stared up. All he could see was Lauren standing above him like he was nothing. The state he was in mentally, he didn’t know. He felt fucked up right now. Just dealing with the fact his girlfriend might be dead, but also a figure that he’d never thought he’d get himself under from a great perspective he was in.


Her figure loomed over him, the light on the ceiling being blocked from where he would lay. The jeans she wore covered her legs, her thighs meeting up near her groin as the muffin top of her belly would be tucked underneath it, causing a small formation outline because of it. Her rear was packing more cake due to her weight - this being the ‘fat’ ass that Tristian saw before. Then there was the lightweight red sweater she wore, forming the mountains of her G-Cups that would block a portion of her face. She would be leaning over to the counter. Tristian is dazed.


Oh man…fuck…it’s almost three already? Guess I’ll get the dishes going then.” The woman said as her voice would invade the tiniest eardrums. Tristian stood up as he needed to figure out where to go. He needed to get back to Kelly! Lauren’s right foot began to lift again, this time moving over to her left foot as she idled that very foot on her tiptoes and leaned it against the left side of her denim jean-covered ankle.


Tristian made a mad dash towards where Kelly was last seen. Walking where the foot would be pressed down, he could smell the remnants of the odor and the heat that it gave off. The wooden flooring left a small residue of sweat, which may have caused the floor to be slippery for the tiny. But Tristian was good with his feet, he didn’t have much trouble, fortunately. Still, the faint scent was not pleasant. He ran and ran, finally meeting up where he last saw her. “K-Kelly…? KELLY!?” He yelled, calling out for her. “OVER HERE!” Tristian heard a voice, it was Kelly. She had the same idea that Tristian was going to suggest. The upside-down L-shape that would form underneath the cabinets by how these were designed.


Tristian leaped into her arms and gave her an aggressive hug, but she did the same as well as they fell on their knees. It was a wholesome moment, it was too close of a call. They were afraid to be separated. “I…I thought I lost you…” He said, sounding like he was about to break down for a moment. Though he wanted to remain strong for Kelly, Kelly would be understanding for him to show such emotions. She'd find it adoring in fact. It showed how much he cared. However, this romantic moment would be interrupted as the sound of running water would be heard above them. Followed by dishes clanking together and Laurens's footsteps that would idly step around.


They observed as they were holding each other, eyeing her feet as they stepped around. They knew how dangerous her feet were, but this was the first time they got a near-death experience from them. Underneath the cabinets didn’t offer much either. Aside from more dust, part of the walls that lead up to the cabinet are filthy. Kelly held in further comments this time there was no point mentioning it. Everywhere they went was going to be filthy. Tristian was close to admitting defeat. No matter what they did, there was always an obstacle that was in the way. They were just too small to adapt and live. Sad to say, the only way they could survive was…having someone care for them. That was a speculation from Tristian that is. His fears and hunger felt like it was eating him alive. They still had a day to get food before that was to happen. But the thought of going hungry was scary. A way they could die.


The tinies would hold out for now, just watching and listening from the sounds in front of them and well above. Lauren, the woman that towered over these tinies would continue to do her normal tasks as Tristian and Kelly were forced to take cover for now. One near-death experience was enough. Or was it two? Maybe three near-death experiences? Both tinies were shaken about the recent one regardless. Holding on to one another for comfort, shaking in fear, stomach gurgling as they became hungry. If only Lauren could notice them. But that was very wishful thinking. They had to accept it.

Chapter End Notes: