- Text Size +

Mrs Louise Grande was aware of the Queen’s law prohibiting giantesses from gobbling up little boys. Yet she was not in fact a giantess, but a woman from the same land as the little boys, and she had gained the power to enlarge herself to giant size (after consuming something with special properties in Wonderland). What she was not aware of was the fact that the Queen’s law had come about as a result of Alice attempting to eat the Queen’s favourite of the Seven Dwarfs, named Bashful; and that Alice was in exactly the same situation as Mrs Grande, having acquired her growing power the same way. All the same, Mrs Grande was very careful to make sure that nobody but Theo F Court himself would ever know that she had eaten him.

 

One day the giant widowed headmistress finished a morning of work and walked out onto the outskirts of the school grounds, just on the border between the school grounds and her own private residence. She sat on a garden seat and enjoyed the sight of the colourful flowers which bloomed in the garden in front of her.

 

As she continued biting into her first sandwich, she noticed a young man of ordinairy size (not giant size) walking through the flowerbed. He hadn’t seen her yet. She thought it would be interesting to see his reaction, and waited for him to look up. The lad continued walking in her direction, but kept looking straight in front of him at eye level. Louise finally realised why he hadn’t looked up. He must not have been aware that he was in a giant land.

 

That must have taken some doing, she thought, and continued watching him, until he emerged on the grass and then looked up at her.

 

“Hello, young man,” she said, “You must be from earth.”

 

“My parents were colonists from earth,” he said.

 

“I wasn’t aware that there were any colonies from earth here in Brobdingnag.”

 

“I didn’t even know where I’d come to until then,” he said, “I teleported here from another dimension, and also from another point in time, far into your future, years after the end of the world.”

 

“End of the world! When and how?”

 

“By 2011 all of the warning signs from Matthew Chapter 24 in Bible prophecy were manifesting frequently on earth. There were earthquakes, floods, famines, wars, global economic crisis, and so many violent crimes occurring every week at a frequency that had increased gradually, so that people hadn’t noticed the change. Decades earlier, such crimes were occasional and rocked the nations in which they occurred. The most frightening aspect, to the Christians, was the way people kept routinely reporting the high level of murders and assaults and rapes on the news in 2011, without showing any reaction. Only the Christians who had studied the Bible prophecies were able to spot the difference. Sexual immorality was abundant, with same gender relationships, fornication and adultery being accepted as normal, despite God’s clear commands to flee such sins against His ordained rules for human behaviour by His created beings. Christians did their best to preach the warning signs, but most people were either overtly hostile or bored and disinterested. Few actually turned to Jesus before the end of the world came. Yet the Omni Child sent his spirit to give a vision to a giant Queen named Ambloome from another dimension where giants had already taken only a few earthlings to live in three colonies. Queen Ambloome helped prepare the Omni Child’s new colony cities on the giant world, so that those who were willing to turn to the Omni Child could live there. When that Good News had been preached to the ends of the earth, which was the final warning sign of Matthew Chapter 24, then, sometime after 2011, the end of the world came.”

 

“So how did you come to be here?” asked Louise.

 

“I wanted to take the opportunity to explore other times and dimensions. I teleported randomly and came here.”

 

“And because you left your teleportation machine somewhere in that giant flowerbed, you had no idea that you’d come from one giant land to another until you saw me,” said Louise.

 

There was something about the look in her eyes which haunted the lad. He wasn’t sure what she was thinking. Yet something told him that he would be wise not to apprise her of the incorrectness of her deduction. It would be better to let her think that he had teleported to her land of Brobdingnag in a machine which was currently out of his reach. In fact, he wore an amulet on a loosely fitting necklace made of cord that did not upset his skin. This was one of a number of amulets that had been used by the people in Ambloome’s world to traverse the dimensions and time periods in the days before the end of the world.

 

Chapter End Notes:

To be continued in Chapter 80 of the same author’s book “Ambloome, Princess of Giants.”

You can use the INTERDIMENSIONAL ROMANCES series link for this story to enable quick and easy navigation to the AMBLOOME chapters, and vice versa to get back to this story.