- Text Size +

 “I know,” said Jack, “And I promise I’ll be careful.”

 

“But why would you come back at all? Aren’t you worried about her?”

 

“I’m also in love with her,” said Jack.

 

“Oh! …” said Serena, “What can you do about it though? She has you at a major disadvantage.”

 

“I just thought it would be lovely to see her again, and make sure that she doesn’t see me.”

 

“Well I won’t stop you from trying, but I think you’re taking a very foolish risk, Jack. If she sees you and catches you, she’ll be certain to gobble you up for her dinner. Will your thoughts be as amorous, when she’s enjoying a book in her bed, while you’re lying in her stomach?”

 

“I honestly think they would,” said Jack, “I love her that much, even though I’ll never be able to tell her.”

 

“Unless she catches you,” said Serena, “In that event, you’d be wise not to waste the chance to share your feelings for her.”

 

“I’d tell her then,” said Jack.

 

“Then I wish you all the best,” said Serena, and returned to her playing.

 

Jack snuck into the castle and hid behind any ground level object he could find, as he made his way through the huge structure in search of the beautiful giant woman.

 

 

Alice found herself shrinking back to her regular size, which enabled her to walk out through the doorway and into the garden. She wandered for a time, and then began to grow again.

Robert ran through Wonderland until he came to an empty house, with the front door wide open. He wandered in and sat down on a seat in the front room. He stopped to think what to do next. He could not return to the world above and his home, unless he went through the curved room, and with a giant sized Alice waiting there to eat him, he could never enter that room.

 

“Hello Robert!” came a voice, “I’m really very hungry now.”

 

Robert looked up and saw Alice, giant sized and peeking through the window.

 

“Alice, please! Can’t you leave me alone?” he called.

 

“I’ll be happy to do so, as soon as I have you inside my tummy,” said Alice, and drew her head back and reached in through the window.

 

It was a tight squeeze for her giant hand. Robert ran through the doorway, through the house and out the back door.

 

“So Robert thinks he can run away, does he?” said Alice, and rose to her full height. She strode over the house and into the back garden, towering over Robert.

 

Just as she reached down to make a grab for him, Robert darted into a garden bed and suddenly shrank down to tiny size. Looking up at the giant sized Alice now, he could barely recognise her. To her, he was nothing but a speck that she could no longer see. For once their size differences worked to his advantage. Robert began running through the flower bed, confident that Alice would not even know which way to turn to find him. Even if she came close, there was no way that her giant finger and thumb could ever reliably grasp his tiny self. Besides that, there would be no value in putting something so tiny into her mouth and eating it. He was beneath her notice.

 

Then he heard her booming voice again.

 

“Looks like I am coming down to a more advantageous level,” said Alice.

 

To his surprise, he turned back to see Alice shrinking down to normal size, which was still that of a relative giantess to him. It would now be far easier for her to chase him through the garden! Running and hiding was all Robert could do.