- Text Size +

They kept falling until they reached Wonderland, and sampled the cake and water. Nothing happened to Miss Lamb, but Ronnie shrank to tiny size.

 

“It’s amazing!” said Miss Lamb, “Look how small you have become!”

 

“I don’t want to go back to the school now,” said Ronnie.

 

“I don’t think I’d like it if you did,” said Miss Lamb, “What if we try floating up the way we floated down, and I could carry you back to the Swain Gardens with me?”

 

“Thank you, Miss Lamb,” said Ronnie, and enjoyed the pleasant ride back to the Swain Gardens.

 

“I’ve only got two sandwiches in my handbag. I was saving them for lunch, but I could give you a small piece which will be bigger than several sandwiches to you,” she said.

 

He watched Miss Lamb eating her sandwiches, as he helped himself to the generous portion she had given him. Miss Lamb’s lips looked incredible, moving like a relatively gigantic mouth around the food just after her tongue would retract into her mouth each time she took a bite.

 

“Miss Lamb?” asked Ronnie.

 

“Yes,” she said.

 

“I think I could fit inside your mouth now, I’m so small.”

 

“I think so too,” said Miss Lamb.

 

“Would I be able to slide into your neck as well? Would I fit?”

 

“It’s called my throat on the inside, but yes, I think you would fit,” said Miss Lamb.

 

“Could you please take me to your house and swallow me all at once for your dinner?” asked Ronnie.

 

“I’d like to do that very much,” said Miss Lamb, “I’ve been thinking how nice it would be to eat you.”

 

“Oh thank you, Miss Lamb. I love you!” said Ronnie.

 

“I love you too,” said Miss Lamb, and kissed him.

 

The beautiful lady carried him to her car and drove him to her home. She took him inside and spent the afternoon watching television with him.

 

“I’m starting to feel hungry again now,” she said at half past five, “Maybe it might be a good time to start getting you ready to be eaten. Would you mind if I cooked you in some water first? I’ll be sure to take you out of the pot before you get too hot.”

 

“I think it would be nice if you cook me, but can we watch the six o’clock program first? I usually see it before dinner.”

 

“If you like,” said Miss Lamb, “… Are you worried about missing the rest of the series after I’ve swallowed you?”

 

“No, Miss Lamb. You eating me will be much better than things on TV,” said Ronnie.

 

“You’re so sweet,” said Miss Lamb.

 

They watched another hour of television, and then Miss Lamb lowered him into a partly filled deep pot on the stove, turned it on and looked down at him until he indicated that he was amply warm. Then she lifted him out gently and put him on a plate and took him to the table. Ronnie looked up at her long white neck in awe. In a short while, she would be using it to swallow him.