- Text Size +

In the days ahead, Tagg fell overboard during a wild storm at sea, and was sadly drowned. Now grieving the losses of both his father and his pet, Gary Gulliver sailed further away from England, and eventually found himself passing through an uncharted perpetual fog at sea. When he came out of the mist, Gary found that his boat was approaching a large beach. He reached the sand, and the boat came to a halt.

 

He looked around, wondering if anyone lived nearby, who might come out to greet him. He got out of his boat and began to walk along the beach. A little further along the beach, he heard a churning in the water, and then turned to the side to look at it.

Something was stirring up the water, but it was still below the surface. Whatever had created this effect was rapidly drawing closer to the beach, covering enormous distance in very little time.

 

Then Gary saw a gigantic female face and long hair rising out of the water, followed by the neck, and the rest of the body. (Well it wasn’t that girl who would be hiding from Dr Know centuries later).

 

A beautiful giant girl his own age stepped from the ocean, wearing a fashionable bathing suit. Gary could only gape in wonder, as he saw her towering legs come to stop just in front of him. There was in fact, much gaping to be done on that beach that day, as Gary strained his neck back to look up at the girl’s eyes, which were in turn gaping down at him. She knelt down and sat on her legs, which was a magnificent sight for Gary Gulliver to behold. Her hand came down and lifted Gary up into the air.

 

“Please don’t drop me!” he called.

 

“No … I wouldn’t,” said the girl pleasantly, “I’m Glumbdalclitch, one of the Queen’s palace maidens. I shall take you to meet her, if you like.”

 

“I take it that she’s also a giantess,” said Gary.

 

“Yes,” said Glumbdalclitch, “From your point of view, as it turns out, she is.”

 

“I’d like to meet her,” said Gary, “And I’m very happy to meet you.”

 

“You’re welcome, little boy,” she said and gave him a lovely giant kiss.

 

“I’m Gary Gulliver,” he said, “But you look more like a beautiful princess than a maiden.”

 

Glumbdalclitch smiled sweetly, showing him two perfect rows of even white giant teeth separating her shapely pink lips.

 

Gary thought how much easier it had been to return the giant girl’s affections, than it had been to reciprocate Flirtacia’s feelings. Even when he had drunk from the Island of Lilliput’s Forbidden Pool and been shrunken to Lilliputian size, until he located the antidote pool and restored his size, he had still felt no inclination to respond to Flirtacia’s constant compliments with anything more than a friendly nod of acknowledgement.


Here was this lovely girl’s gigantic smile right in front of him, level with his own eyes and wider than his whole body.

 

 

“Eternal pun-ishment?” asked Bruno, “Does that mean we’d have to listen to Cary Cature’s puns forever and ever?”

 

“No,” said Dodgson, “Although I’m quite a fan of his witticisms. He’s the only writer around who’s more versatile than me.”

 

“I don’t blame you for feeling the way you do, but sometimes other Ministers get it wrong,” said Dodgson, “All of my parishioners know that I don’t believe in eternal torment. The book of Ecclesiastes says that the dead know nothing. They are asleep in the ground and will have nothing more to do with anything under the sun … until, as promised in the New Testament, the second coming of Jesus. The Son of God will come back, to raise the Christians to eternal life, and the non-Christians to what is known as second death: the death of both body and soul. It goes back to the warning in the original creation story: The day they sinned they would surely die, not face eternal torment. Ezekiel said that the soul that sins shall die. Jesus said that whoever believed in Him should not PERISH but have eternal life. We don’t even need a dictionary to look up the meaning of the word perish. It denotes a complete cessation of existence, not an ongoing state of perpetual suffering throughout infinity. With that apostasy going around some churches, I’m hardly surprised myself, that so many people don’t even want to hear the slightest mention of God.”

 

“What about all the mentions of the word ‘Hell’ that your neighbouring minister uses?” asked Sylvie.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Charles Dodgson’s rejection of the false teaching of eternal punishment was well published in his writings. Even today, more people are needlessly tragically turned off (the much needed relationships with their creator) by the unbiblical erroneous teaching of eternal torment, than by any other doctrine.