- Text Size +

The girl smiled at the compliment.

 

“You mentioned my brother,” she said, “Is Gary here?”

 

Flirtacia felt simply awful about the way she had once been so needlessly jealous of Gulliver’s sister and run away from the city of Lilliput, endangering her own life and that of Glum, who had come to help her. She and Gulliver had not been meant to be. She was deeply committed to Egar now, and it seemed that Bunko was the one with feelings for Gulliver’s sister.

 

and now they must break the awful news that her father had died.

 

“He was here,” said the King, “Young lady, it is my deepest regret to tell you that Gary’s search for your shipwrecked father ended in the tragic loss of him. Gary looked after our city for a long time, and shared many adventures with us, but now he has sailed away to forget his grief in time, we hope.”

 

“I’m sorry you had to find out like this,” said Bunko gently.

 

“Thank you,” said the girl, tears forming in her eyes.

 

“People of Lilliput,” said the King, “Please disperse back to your regular lives, and allow the girl to get accustomed to her present surroundings in privacy.”

 

“Thank you, your majesty,” said the girl, “But please stay, little one in purple and green. I … I think I would like a friend.”

 

“I will,” said Bunko, and began to cut the ropes that bound her, as the others quickly got on their way, “I’m Bunko.”

 

“I’m … I think the shock of losing father has given me the most unusual case of selective amnesia. I seem to remember everything, except my own name,” said the girl.

 

“Unfortunately Wilhanna and Jobarbra, the official historians of Lilliput, never had the chance to ask Gary to go into detail about you. Your name is not in our records. For now, would you be happy for me to call you Miss Gulliver?”

 

“Very courteous,” she said, and sat up at last, “Thank you for setting me free too.”

 

“It’s the least I can do,” said Bunko, “In time, when your grief is not so prevalent, I hope you might remember why I was the only one to recall you from the one picture that Gary showed us.”

 

“I was so tired when I got here, and my sleep was interrupted by the meeting with your king,” said Miss Gulliver, “I need to lie down again, with my head on its side. Would you like to use my upturned cheek as a mattress and keep me company?”

 

Bunko accepted her invitation, and enjoyed snuggling down on her soft lovely cheek.

 

 

On the night of the banquet, Mrs Grimble had given Pipe Eddy the run of her back garden, and advised him to avoid the indoor banquet that night, lest he be mistaken for one of the Lost Boys and eaten by a giantess. He sat down in the back garden, with the castle lights illuminating the scene for him, and began to play melodic pipe music, quite unlike the tunes which he had used to hypnotize rats and Lost Boys or to restrict Peter Pan’s movements.

 

After a while, Serena came out to the garden, carrying her harp.

 

“I’ve never heard such beautiful pipe music,” she said, “Would you mind if I played along with my harp?”

 

“Not at all,” said the Pied Pipe Eddy, who at once felt that he had been more than adequately compensated for his piping pest control services back in Neverland.