- Text Size +

 “No!” yelled Nick, struggling and stretching and kicking against her throat from the inside, “If you only let me out, I can help!”

 

Somewhat intrigued, Cheshire Catwoman coughed Nick back up, and took him out of her mouth.

 

“Tell me what you mean,” she said.

 

“I could be a new husband for you, and a stepfather for Lena,” said Nick.

 

“But why would you want to do that? You’re so young. I’m 33,” said the Cheshire Catwoman.

 

“And you’re very pretty,” said Nick, “If we courted for a while, I’d love to marry you as soon as I’m old enough.”

 

“Are you really in love with me, or are you just trying to save yourself?” she asked.

 

“Well both,” he said, “I admit that I don’t want to be eaten that much, but I really believe that a romance between us would be the best chance of happiness for you and your little girl and for me.”

 

“What do you mean by ‘that much’?” asked the Cheshire Catwoman.

 

He realised that she had locked onto two words that he had said.

 

“Well your mouth looks and felt great,” said Nick.

 

“Now I do believe you are sincere,” said the Cheshire Catwoman, “Why don’t you enjoy it some more while Leeda and I are walking home? I’ll have to think about your proposal. If I decide to say no, I’ll let you know with a few hearty gulps in a direction which I think you can guess. If I decide to accept, I’ll take you out of there when we get to the house.”

 

She helped Nick gently back into her mouth. He lay on her tongue awaiting her answer, and soon her mouth opened, and she took him out and snuggled him against her cheek.

 

“We’ll see how things go,” she said.

 

Harper and Barry still to go.

 

On another day, Harper and Liz were exploring the Valley of the Giantesses, when they came to Anthea's house, snuck inside and found her laboratory, including a formula labelled ENLARGEMENT FLUID and a biscuit that was as big as a giant box.

 

“If we could get some of this fluid to our own food supplies, we’d never run out,” said Liz, “I’m going to give it a try.”

 

“Not me,” said Harper, “If the giantess finds us, we could end up in a bottle being fed three times a day like six inch oddities. She’s a scientist. To her we might well just be specimens.”

 

Harper returned to the Spindrift and met Barry.

 

“Where’s Liz?” asked the boy, still very much in love with the woman who had once offered to adopt him.

 

“We found a formula that makes things real big. Liz stayed to try to find a container small enough to bring it back and enlarge our food supply to giant size,” said Harper.

 

“I don’t believe it,” said Barry.

 

“You’d better believe it!” said Liz, towering in front of their base camp, “The giant scientist has created this amazing formula. I ate it, and voila, here I am.”