- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I've replaced Berna (from the "Wild Journey" episode of LAND OF THE GIANTS) with a character of my own called Dalia.

Harper was now all alone. He went out foraging for food and then came back and saw a giantess holding the ship, peering into it.

She noticed him, and threw down the ship.

 

“So there’s the occupant of this tiny vehicle. Now at last I’ll have one of you little people for my lunch!” she said, and began running after him.

 

He darted into the bushes and avoided her searching, until he ran into a beautiful woman wearing a dark brown almost black jumper with a red vest and a short pale brown skirt. She had dark hair and a very attractive look in her eyes.

 

“You’re my size,” she said.

 

“Got you at last!” called a voice from above, and the woman saw the giantess reaching down for them and screamed suddenly, which gave Harper a far more immediate and clear view inside her own mouth than the giantess’s.

 

The girl raised some small silver hand tool and pressed a button. Suddenly Harper and the girl were teleported away from the giantess and appeared in a nice park scaled to their own size.

 

“That’s a remarkable gadget you’ve got there,” said Harper.

 

“It’s called an STM, or Size & Teleportation Mechanism. It’s taken us through both space and time. We are now near my home in my time: the year 5477. I’m Dalia.”

 

Harper was amazed. Not only had she gotten him back from the Valley of the Giantesses, out of Brobdingnag altogether, but she had also taken him into his future, her present.

 

They courted and dated for weeks, as she put him up in her spare room. One day he asked if they could go out together. She said she was one of the Time Scouts, whose job it was to both explore time and identify any illegal alterations of history. She showed him her Modifcation Scanner, which she would run once a month, to check for alterations to the time scheme. It highlighted the fact that Dalia’s own interference in the time stream had altered history, as Harper had been eaten by the giantess who’d found the Spindrift in the original timeline.

 

“I’ll have to take you back,” said Dalia, and clicked her STM, but nothing happened.

 

“Of course. I can’t fix it this way. If I take us back with this, the giantess will catch me too, and my future will be altered. The STM can’t be used in such a way, when it’s in close proximity to the scanner. It doesn’t matter though, as long as you end up eaten rather than continuing on as my boyfriend.”

 

“I’m not going back to Brobdingnag to be eaten,” said Harper and ran out of the house and headed for the park where he’d first arrived with Dalia three weeks earlier.

 

She soon caught up to him and said, “You must be eaten. It’s a part of history to me,” said Dalia.

 

“Well nobody can make me do that now,” said Harper, stepping off into the bushes to elude her.

 

“I’m sorry my young boyfriend, I can still do this,” said Dalia, and pointed the STM at him again.

 

He found himself a few inches into the bushes but now at tiny size. He remembered the rest of what STM stood for: SIZE & Teleportation Machine. She had shrunken him. She was now like a giantess to him. He remembered the view of her mouth when she had screamed. Her thick pink tongue had looked wonderful to him, but in this context it would be a pathway to …

 

He knew now that she intended to set time right by eating him herself.

 

She stepped towards the bushes and knelt down and then lay on her stomach smiling at him, with a beautiful but menacing look in her lovely eyes.

 

He started backing away from her, into the bushes that were partly concealing him already.

 

“You gained absolutely nothing by running away from me,” she said, “Now step on out of there, and I’ll gobble you down as gently as I can, and history will be reset on its correct course, which for me will be a main course.”

 

“I’ll take my chances hiding in these bushes,” said Harper.

 

“You’re out of your mind,” said Dalia, and began crawling in after him.

 

He ran for all he was worth until Dalia closed in and caught him.

 

“Well my little boyfriend, you led me quite a merry chase, didn’t you?”

 

“Why can’t you just leave me here as your full sized boyfriend?”

 

“Because that’s not my primary concern. I am to do nothing and allow nothing to change the past. Besides, you do look very nice.”

 

She sat up and gave him a giant kiss goodbye, and then pushed him into her mouth. He slid around on her enthralling pink tongue for a while, and then she tilted her head back and began to swallow him. It was the wildest journey he’d ever had.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Don't think that the original timezone of the Valley of the Giantesses has been left behind. Upcoming chapters may well return to the days of Mrs Grimble, Jack, Alice and all their friends.