- Text Size +

“This is not good,” Mike said to himself, his tiny voice reverberating around the enclosed space. “This is not good.”

            He didn’t know what happened. He couldn’t even remember what he had been doing. All he knew was that he was trapped, somewhere, in some dark place, with a pair of massive pink running shoes lying before him.

            “This is not good,” he repeated with a moan, sinking down onto his bare bottom, cringing slightly at the cold metal below. His head spun around as he heard the creaking of hinges.

            His jaw dropped as he stared on at the unbelievable sight. He had been hoping the massive pair of shoes had been fake. He had hoped that this was all some sort of joke. But, as his eyes traveled up the unimaginably huge body before him, he realized his situation was all too real.

            Mandy reached into her gym locker, brushing back her long blond hair, reveling her pale face, devoid of any blemishes. Her blue eyes shown brightly as they wandered over the contents of her locker, missing the tiny bug. First she grabbed her towel, pressing it to her skin, still dripping from the long day of gym.

            For a moment, Mike was completely dumbfounded. He didn’t know what to do. He could barely even fathom the position he was in. Tiny, perhaps only half an inch tall, and stuck in the locker of one of the prettiest girls in his high school.

            The girl’s hand reached in again, the shadow completely encompassing the tiny bug as she reached over him, grabbing the worn-out running shoes. She pulled them out, dropping them to the ground with a thud. She went to shut the door, but the tiniest hint of movement flickered in her vision. “Oh, great,” she moaned, her beautiful eyes finding Mike’s tiny body.

            The boy cringed, frozen in place. His heart beat with a passion as the girl looked down at him, disgust written all over her face. What was she going to do? Did she even recognize him? For a brief moment, he flirted with the idea that she might actually help her shrunken classmate. This idea couldn’t have been more wrong.

            “A bug.” His hopes were crushed.

            “Wait,” he said, his voice squeaking.

            “A bug?” he heard someone say.

            “Ew,” another voice.

            “Crush it,” came another. Mike’s stomach dropped.

            “Wait,” he said again, still too quiet to hear. Suddenly he saw Mandy’s hand coming into view, her open palm spread above him, covering his insignificant body in its shadow.

            “Die bug,” the girl said with an evil smirk, her hand slamming down on the hard metal.

            For the briefest moment, Mike didn’t feel anything. He heard the slap as the giant’s hand met metal, knew his body had been hit, knew that he should be dead. It was only when Mandy took her palm away that the world came back to him.

            “Aw!” he screamed as the pain rushed through him, pulsing throughout his body. His ribs felt like they had been obliterated, his organs packed together, twisted and smashed into each other. His extremities were on fire, the slightest attempt at movement sending sharp knives of agony through his skull.

            “Damn,” he heard from somewhere above. “Didn’t kill it.”

            His eyes opened just in time to see Mandy’s fist slamming down on him.

            This time the pain was almost instantaneous. He felt his tiny form squishing under the giant’s fist, felt his bones snapping, his organs pressing outwards. But, even still, he wasn’t dead. Perhaps that was one of the up-sides of being the size of a bug. You’re pretty resilient against the attacks from the normal sized giants.

            Mandy pulled her fist away, starring at the tiny smudge where the bug used to be. It was far too small to be its carcass. She turned her fist, starring down at the gross little body that was glued to her skin. “Disgusting bug,” she sneered as she went to wipe it off.

            “Ugh…” Mike groaned as he saw Mandy’s hand approach his vulnerable form. He tried to move, tried to do anything to free himself from her perfect skin, but found himself unable to do anything. The tiny droplets of sweat stuck him firmly in place.

            He then felt the girl’s fingers smash into him. A moment later he was sailing through the air, falling down, his body lowing past the girl’s rounded breasts, past her well-toned stomach, and down her thin legs. Finally he hit the solid ground with a thud, his head no higher than the sole of her shoes.

            “Hurry up and kill it,” he heard someone say. The girl’s shoe lifted into the air, the dirty old sole hovering above his tiny, fragile, broken form.

            “Wait, Mandy, please,” he started rasping, but it was no use. He was simply too tiny to be heard. Too insignificant to matter. Mandy’s running shoe came down with a thud.

            The shoe compressed as the giant girl leaned on it, putting her full weight onto her foot, crushing the life out of the resilient pest. Mike couldn’t do anything as he felt the treads of her shoe push into him, mashing his body against the tile. He felt his body molding to her sole, his arms and legs crushed, popping as they were shoved between the grooves.

            Light once again assaulted his eyes as Mandy pulled her massive foot away. Mike looked up, amazed both at the fact that he was still alive, and at the sight of the giant girl, her immense form towering above him, her shoe still hovering overhead, dripping small drops of blood from the spot his body had molded to.

            “Is it dead yet?” he heard as another form came into view. He knew her. Amanda. A cheerleader for the school, always looking perky and wearing a smile. Long brown hair that dripped across her back, and perfect pearly skin. Mike had talked to her a few times before this, and she was as nice as she looked. Now she thought he was just a bug.

            “It can’t still be alive.” that was another girl, Brittney. Freckles dotted her face in a cute way that Mike always found attractive. She was small, by normal height standards, but still towered like a god over the tiny bug at her feet.

            It only took Mike a moment to realize that both of these girl’s were in their underwear. If he wasn’t about to be crushed, this could have been his greatest fantasy. Then Amanda’s bare foot came into view.

            “Amanda!” he tried to scream as her foot pressed onto his body, wiggling continuously, her warm, slightly wet skin completely covering him, smushing him, smothering him. He tried to breath, but found himself instead gagging on the strong stench of sweat.

            “Yeah, take that bug,” he heard the giant call. “How does my dirty foot smell?” a chorus of laughter soon followed as she pulled her foot back.

            “Please…” Mike tried to say to the three gods above him, each starring down at his tiny, pathetic body. Both Mandy and Amanda were smiling demonically, though Brittney seemed to be thinking something else. Was it pity he saw in her?

            “What should we do next?” Amanda said.

            “Come on,” Brittney interrupted. “Its just a poor bug.”

            “Thank you,” Mike managed to whisper.

            “Just kill it,” Brittney finished, once again stomping Mike’s hope into dust.

            “What do you think we’ve been trying to do?”

            Brittney shook her head, disappeared for a moment, then came back into Mike’s limited view. “Let me,” she said.

            Mike struggled to even breath as he saw Brittney crouch down slightly, then spring into the air. He watched in pure amazement as her form inched forward, her boot coming directly over his head. Tiny specks of dirt, mud, even grass dotted its thick surface.

            The small girl came down, her entire weight pressed into the ground, stomping the tiny bug into oblivion. For Mike, all he saw was the massive black sole coming down to his face, then darkness as his form was finally, mercifully, obliterated.

            Brittney lifted her foot a moment later, smiling at the disintegrated carcass of the resilient bug. “There,” she said with a satisfied smile. “That got it.”