- Text Size +

The girl took a deep breath full of the smoke, Geoff’s lounges retching as he was forced to take in the highly concentrated, burning substance again. The flames were close to his legs after so long wrapped up in the torture chamber. He wanted to be free more than he wanted anything before in his life.

Then, to his amazement, a tiny bit of light peeked in from one end of the wrapping. The end of the cigarette had started to open, a few of the more lightly packed grains dropping out from the narrow opening. Without truly thinking he started to push his way towards the opening.

“Here,” Heidi said, passing the object to her friend, unobservant of the tiny substances falling out the end, or the tiny bug that managed to squirm out with them. Geoff fell through the air, his head too fuzzy to fully appreciate how long a distance he would travel until he landed.

The boy’s tiny body smashed against the top of Kay’s sneaker, bouncing and rolling across the carpet until he came to a stop somewhere in the gap between the girl’s feet. For a moment he remained still, his lungs greedily sucking down the fresh air, his muscles slowly recovering from the gross amount of stress that had been placed upon him.

Though his head was fuzzy he didn’t feel high. Surprising given how much smoke he had gagged on. His only explanation was that something about the pill he had taken, or perhaps the shrinking process itself, had changed his body. At this point he wasn’t sure if that was a good or bad thing. He still had the sense to realize he needed help, but at least if he was high things might be a little more bearable.

But there was no point in fantasizing about such things. He needed help, or he was going to die. The man pushed himself up and ran over to one of Heidi’s giant sneakers, the hard fabric looking menacing as he approached. The side of her colorful sole was thick and unforgiving, smudged a bit with the mess of grime that undoubtedly covered the entire bottom. Geof could only hope he wouldn’t become a stain on her sole by the time things were done.

“Kay!” he shouted, punching at her shoe in desperation. “Kay, look down here! Its me! I shrunk!” But the girls didn’t look down at the bug. The goddesses couldn’t hear his tiny cries, couldn’t feel his tiny punches, didn’t care about his horrible plight. They were above him, both mentally and literally. Why would they care about a bug at there feet?

“Hey, Heidi,” Kay eventually said, standing, towering above the tiny insect like some ancient god. “I think I’m going out for a bit. You mind if I change here?”

“It's fine,” the other girl answered, uncaring.

“Cool.” Before Geoff even realized what was happening the girl had slipped her delicate looking foot out from the shoe he had been punching. For a moment it hung above him, a giant white tarp that hung over his world like a demon ready to slaughter everything. Even her cushy sock was terrifying at this height.

Her shoe fell over as she moved, accidentally kicked as her foot moved away.  Geoff scurried away from the tumbling mass, barely able to escape the reach of the high top before it came crashing down. For a moment he thought he was safe. That was until he realized he was still engulfed by a shadow.

Kaykay's sock hung above him, ready to crash down without a thought to whatever poor lifeform happened to be under it. For a moment he was frozen in terror, his entire world eclipsed by the tarnished sole, dirt coating the underside in such a thick layer that he could barely even tell it once used to be white. A tiny section of pink near the balls of the girl’s feet revealed that a hole had been worn through.

He couldn’t even imagine how many steps it must have taken for her sock to become that worn. How many insects had been trampled under that sole? How many innocent bugs had been squashed, their bodies exploding under the terrible pressure, their blood and guts adding to the massacre that already decorated her sole?

“No!” Geoff screamed as her foot came down. It was too late to move, to late to do anything other than accept the fate that had came down. He closed his eyes, throwing his hands over his head. A moment later and he felt an unimaginable force pinning him to the carpet, a warm, almost soft foot squashing him.

That tiny hole where Kay’s skin peeked out had fallen directly onto him. Immediately after impact Geoff was exposed to the full weight of the giant girl, dissipated only by the carpet underneath. It was just thick enough, and he was just small enough, that he was able to survive. Though the weight would not squish him, the smell was proving deadly. Each feeble breath he took in, already choked by the pressure, was filled with the toxic scent of unwashed skin. If he could move he would have felt the slime of the giant’s sweat coating his back.

The girl moved a few moments later, her massive foot coming off of the tiny man’s back, letting him up once again. He took deep breaths, curling up in a ball do to the protest from his joints and bones. They had been so close to snapping that it had seemed almost a guaranteed thing. He was almost sure that some of his ribs had been fractured.  

A moment later and her sweats were down, a thin layer of underwear the only thing between the air and her amazing body. As Geoff starred up in aw he could clearly make out the shape off her perfect butt. It wasn’t for long, however. The girls movements, simple and delicate as they were, proved to be a force Geoff wasn’t prepared for.

As she picked up her sweats Geoff was slapped with some of the fabric, his almost massless body sent into the air again at the small amount of force. He found himself smashing against something hard and unyielding, the tumbling onto a surface that felt almost cushy. To his surprise, it was warm.

“What the hell?” he said, pushing himself up from the object, looking curiously at the black mesh.

He heard Heidi’s voice from above. “You good?”

“Yeah, I think.” Geoff felt the world shake as Kay did the simple motion of righting her shoe, the tiny bug falling downward into her sole. Geoff was then left in the deep imprint of her heel, staring up out of the narrow hole, the giant girl standing menacing above.

“No,” he breathed, only then becoming aware of what happened. “No, this can’t happen. I can’t be… Kaykay!” The giant, like all the other times, failed to hear the screams below. Now her socked foot was rising above, the shadow of it blocking out his entire view. “Why can’t you hear me?” he whimpered to himself, desperately searching for a ray of light in the blackness of the situation.

Then it dawned on him. He still had his phone. With terrifying speed he pulled out the device, dialing Kaykay's number. An ear splitting sound made him flinch; Kay Kay's phone was ringing.

He heard a booming voice high above. “Who is it?”

“Check it, It's geoff,” kay answered.

“What does he want?”

“I care? The idiot flaked on us. What, does he think he's better than us or something.”

“Probably.”

“I never could stand people like that. Fuck him. He's a piece of shit anyway. I wouldn’t even let him lick my shoes if he came crawling back. Hope he gets raped somewhere.”

“Wait, kay!” Geoff begged, the phone going to voicemail. “Please, I didn’t want to. I don’t want to die!”

But it didn’t matter. He was doomed, his life about to come to an end as the giant’s foot slid into her shoe. The giantess, completely unaware of the hell she was about to inflict, slid her toes into the hole, the fabric of her sole passing over the tiny insect. Within an instant the tiny bug was completely covered in shadows, all light failing to penetrate into the giant shoe. “Please,” Geoff muttered one last time before the girl’s sock slammed into the hard sole.

If only he had died then. Her thick, though disgusting, sock dissipated just enough pressure that he wasn’t instantly killed. For the rest of the day he was tortured under the unaware girl’s foot. Each step was its own form of hell and her foot raised then slammed into the ground. Soon his arms had snapped, followed by his legs and whatever remained of his ribs. There was blood he knew, but the darkness was so complete he would never see.

It wasn’t even the pressure that killed him. The lack of oxygen, the disgusting scent of her foot stench surrounded him, penetrate him, engulfed him completely until every breath was a burning intake of her vaporized sweat and grime. It became too much for him to bear and he eventually passed into unconsciousness, though only after hours of enduring her footsteps. He died soon later.

He was a worthless bug, not even worth noticing. In the end he became nothing more than a stain on a giant’s sole, one that she would never even spot. Kay and Heidi never gave the man another thought after that day, there lives continuing as they normally would.

After all, why would a tiny insect change anything?